Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 17, 2008 21:33
EVE:Online>the rest
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 17, 2008 21:46
I guess youre right. I just dont see anything entertaining in click- dice roll- damage. Its the reason Diablo was fun in the 90's but is garbage now, and its the reason I think Oblivion should yiff in hell. Why put in combat if its not fun?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 17, 2008 22:26
Well either you like RPGs or you dont. In RPG's combat is about the numbers and beating increasingly difficult enemies. Oblivion is an abomination since its tried to be an action game, but claims to be an RPG, and failing epicly at both.

I want old school rpg's like Fallout and Baldur's Gate.

I can see why Eve is great, i havent played it, but i have an idea it requires a massive amount of time if you want to do anything in the game,.
Agent Ghost

Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 17, 2008 22:52
Not at all.  It's the opposite.  You don't have to spend 100 hours grinding to gain levels.  Levels are gained in realtime, even when you're not playing.  You just have to sign in to choose a new skill to train when the last one is finished.  It is a sophisticated game though.  You can join corporations, there's politics involved...  The game is slow to start.  Like say the first two to four weeks.  Where you need to learn prerequisite skills and collecting cash.  I did this by mining.  Once you join a corporation the game can be amazing.  When you know how to play no other game can touch it.  There's something to be said about spending time building a ship and upgrading it to be a gun boat and joining battles of 100+ ships just because your corporation doesn't get along with the other guys.

It's still the only true MMO available.  Everyone plays on one giant map.  If 30,000 people are paying the game they're all on the same map, minus the few playing on a test map.

They always have a free two week trial.  IMO that's not really enough time to really get into the higher game mechanics but it gives you an idea on how the game works. 

http://www.eve-online.com/
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 17, 2008 22:54>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 20, 2008 01:06
So 2-4 weeks of boredom? I thought we were the generation of instant gratification.
Agent Ghost

Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 20, 2008 01:52
I wouldn't say it's boring but it does take a while to get into everything the game has to offer.  I'm probably more patient than most people.  If I see the rewards are worth the wait, I'll wait.

It's such a sophisticated game.  Deciding where to place your loyalties is important. 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 20, 2008 01:58>
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 20, 2008 02:18
It takes longer to level in EVE than WoW, stfu, max level can be done in less than a day.  And WoW is supposed to be the game for people with no life, pfft.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 20, 2008 03:24
Agent Ghost

EVE:Online>the rest

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/208-Eve-Online

Yahtzee has spoken
matriculated143

• Total Posts : 10
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 25, 2008 13:15
I think that Starcraft 2 will be worth the wait because I loved the first one and blizzard has always been worthy of my trust. Look at it this way: It's basically gonna be three games with interconnecting stories.

With 26-30 missions each i'm not complaining about spending a lot on the SC2 trilogy even if they take forever to make them.

BTW I'm new here and i'm Torr's older brother (about 2 years older) and also a friend of eddie (that crazy gingerkid, lol). I'm open to corrections.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 25, 2008 20:02
So, Branbran, since there's two Johnsons here now, that evens out the playing field a bit.

Does this mean that we can segregate the forums based on how we feel about your guys' mom?
Agent Ghost

Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 26, 2008 03:09
That reminds me.  Brandon, I need your phone number.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Oct 26, 2008 03:54
I don't like where this is going...

...and yet, much like a 32 car pileup in the interstate, I have to stay and watch.
matriculated143

• Total Posts : 10
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Nov 09, 2008 08:25
Agent Ghost

That reminds me.  Brandon, I need your phone number.

why exactly do u need my number agent ghost?
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Nov 14, 2008 00:40
So what dyu think of this -

Blizzard COO: We're not milking StarCraft 2

Methinks Paul Sams dost protest too much.  "*mumbles* it was a quality driven decision, it was..."
Agent Ghost

Re:Activision takes a dump on StarCraft 2. - Nov 14, 2008 04:12
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.  I believe them when they say a longer release schedule broken in three parts will mean a larger/better story.  In the bigger picture it's still insulting that SC fans have to wait even longer.  It's really not about the money for the fans.  It really shows how out of touch they are to think we're pissed about the cost.  I'm sure some are, but mostly they just want SC2 like 5 years ago. 

Then they finally reveal SC2 but then say oh we're only giving you 33.3 percent of the game initially, you fuckers will have to wait longer for the rest.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 35 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message