Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 49 of 49
the_shadowwolf
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 17635
Re:Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy - Sep 25, 2008 00:18
killemoff i see what happened when you tried to post with a quote.

Looks awesome! like reading on minute dual monitors.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy - Sep 25, 2008 00:45
I've done plenty of dumb stuff to mine, and it still works fine.  Banged up?  Yeah, but I don't give a shit.  I decided when I got it that I wasn't going to worry too much about it.

I found out that there's a place in the mall that will install an Invisible Shield on it, though, so when I get the 3G (maybe tomorrow) I'm gonna get that done.  I don't like putting my phones in cases, especially the iPhone, as it is a lovely piece of kit, but I will do the Invisible Shield as you can still show it off, and it's tough as nails!

Invisible Shield

Adam Doree
  • Total Posts : 1113
  • Reward points : 46210
Re:Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy - Sep 25, 2008 01:05
iPhone support coming soon.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
Re:Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy - Sep 25, 2008 08:32
Well the screen is glass, so it's fairly resistant to scratches. The screen would crack if you dropped it onto a hard surface, but the biggest problem you'll have with an iPhone 3G (and touch) is the fingerprints.

The Touch has the kickass chrome back, but it scratches very easily. They remedied this to a degree with the iPhone by using plastic, but it doesn't look as cool.

There are literally hundreds of cases to choose from... mostly hardshell types which leave the screen exposed. Since i would never use one of those sticky plastic screen protectors, i opted for a soft(ish) leather case which covers the whole thing. It bought it in the Apple store and it's been ok, but it has a velcro strap and the velcro isn't working so well now.

I'm going to get a case from Vaja i think. Their range is supposed to be amongst the best you can get... although the involution SP Top (?) is expensive (around $80) for what it is. But i haven't seen any other flip top cases that i would consider buying, and there will be very few people with them over here, so i'm going to order one and see what i think.

There's a review of the case i'm looking at HERE and the Vaja website can be found HERE :)

iLounge has a lot of case reviews, and there are some good alternatives available, but it depends what you want really.
<message edited by Nitro on Sep 25, 2008 08:34>

Edwin
  • Total Posts : 658
  • Reward points : 6855
Re:Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy - Sep 25, 2008 12:49
Cheers for the feedback guys. Yeah, I'd sort of anticipated it would follow the same principles as the PSP - tougher than it looks, but bloody susceptible to superficial damage e.g. scuffs and so forth.

I'll probably keep mine in a sock. A fashionable sock, mind :p

killemoff
  • Total Posts : 173
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy - Sep 25, 2008 13:00
the_shadowwolf

killemoff i see what happened when you tried to post with a quote.

Looks awesome! like reading on minute dual monitors.

I didn't on purpose! Honest!

Anyhoo, i was using Firefox 3.0.1, currently 3.0.2, hard refresh did nothing. I grab a screen for you in sec.

EDIT: Here's the pic.
<message edited by killemoff on Sep 26, 2008 09:29>

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy - Sep 25, 2008 23:15

I would never have figured you to be so stereotypical. :o

I blame my parents.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

the_shadowwolf
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 17635
Re:Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy - Sep 26, 2008 02:33
^
Still awesome, maybe i should upgrade my firefox to 3.0.2
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Greetings from the new Kikizo teaboy - Sep 26, 2008 04:22
I'm running the latest available Firefox 2 on this PC. I'll check from 3 tomorrow... that's really weird though. I can't post anything if he's the last one in the thread to post.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 41 to 49 of 49