Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Pre-ordering online
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Pre-ordering online - Sep 22, 2008 05:34
My question is simple: does anyone know what (if any) sites will get a game to you on the day of release if you pre-order it? Gamestop doesnt have the game I want (Fable 2 Limited Edition), but Best Buy says even with express shipping I wont get the game until the 23rd. Suggestions?
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Pre-ordering online - Sep 22, 2008 07:15
I always use EB and get the game on release date or even a few days before.
immortaldanmx

Re:Pre-ordering online - Sep 22, 2008 07:53
emofag

I always use EB and get the game on release date or even a few days before.

Gamestop(who bought EB) dont have the game for pre-order anymore.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Pre-ordering online - Sep 22, 2008 08:47
Um.

Pre-order Fable 2 by October 20th at 11am CST with overnight shipping and get guaranteed delivery on the street date of October 21st! If your product does not arrive on the street date, we will fully refund your shipping charge. Continental United States only. Must have Overnight Service available in your area. Offer void if you are unable to accept a delivery that was attempted. Not responsible for orders delayed due to incorrect address, credit card information, inclement weather or critical misses on reflex saving throws.

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=200465

?????

And don't buy limited editions, if you want to give $10 away just paypal it to me.
<message edited by emofag on Sep 22, 2008 08:49>
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Pre-ordering online - Sep 22, 2008 18:44
Amazon is pretty good with their pre-orders.  The only problem is that it's pretty late in the game, right now.  If you pre-order early enough you usually get it the same day, however, I've pre-ordered stuff close to the release date and then had to wait a week after it was released before they even shipped it out!
immortaldanmx

Re:Pre-ordering online - Sep 22, 2008 21:29
Chee Saw

Amazon is pretty good with their pre-orders.  The only problem is that it's pretty late in the game, right now.  If you pre-order early enough you usually get it the same day, however, I've pre-ordered stuff close to the release date and then had to wait a week after it was released before they even shipped it out!

I love you, in that straight kind of way of course. I can get it street date delivered from amazon, thanks
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Pre-ordering online - Sep 23, 2008 00:58
Yeha Amazon just implented a new program that guarentees it for big name games. I been ordering stuff from that site more and more these days. My brother has an Amazon Prime account so I can get free 2 day shipping or 2.99 overnight shipping. 
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Pre-ordering online - Sep 23, 2008 06:12
Yeah, that Amazon Prime is totally worth it.  Especially if you go in with friends who order off of Amazon a lot as well.  I split the cost with two of my friends, and we order WAAAY to much stuff from there!  Since my one friend moved in to the same house we have a package on the doorstep almost every day!

Oh, and as far as that street date delivery from Amazon, it's kinda weird.  I pre-ordered the Fable 2: Limited Edition for $66.99, but it's just regular shipping.  So, basically, I can just get it at that price, but later, or I can change it to street date delivery and pay $79.99.

Yeah, I think I'll just wait.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Pre-ordering online - Sep 23, 2008 16:40
Yup Amazon is the way to go.

Marink

• Total Posts : 884
Re:Pre-ordering online - Sep 23, 2008 20:56
Yeah, sometimes I even get games before the release date when I pre-order it from Amazon (such as Rock Band). 

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll