KOTAKU - 50 Cent BitS Dead... Wait no... it's not... wait... is it?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
KOTAKU - 50 Cent BitS Dead... Wait no... it's not... wait... is it? - Sep 20, 2008 14:33
LINK

Remember 50 Cent II, the sequel to discography-cum-video game 50-Cent: Bulletproof? The game that Sierra named 50-Cent: Blood on the Sand? The one that has a love-interest, slick graphics and tons of blood? Yeah, it's dead. Caught in the unflinching cogs of big video game business, mergers, and close downs, we hear. Victim of a flooded genre and a potential publisher with one too many shooters on its hands.
But don't cry for Fifty. We hear the G-Unit-sporting rapper got his appearance cash, while Swordfish, the team behind the budding game, is likely to get sold off.
You gotta love this business.
Update, We Got it Wrong, Wrong, Wrong: Turns out that our internal sources were slightly confused and despite our best efforts we got it wrong. While I'm still waiting for some sort of official word from the companies involved, this is what we've heard: While 50-Cent: Blood on the Sand was indeed jettisoned by Activision, the project isn't dead. In fact we're told that it is approaching gold and that a deal, perhaps with THQ as publisher, is in the wings.
Update 2: Activision has responded:
"We have a policy of not commenting on rumors.
I can tell you that we announced back in July that we are retaining only those franchises that are a strong fit with our long-term strategy - - Crash Bandicoot, Ice Age, Spyro, Protoype and an unannounced new IP. We will not publish other titles that previously were part of the Vivendi Games portfolio and are currently reviewing our options regarding these titles."

This article, and yet another on their front page as-of-yesterday, were posted as news, and then re-posted as flat-out-incorrect rumor. That's good 'ol Kotaku for ya'.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:KOTAKU - 50 Cent BitS Dead... Wait no... it's not... wait... is it? - Sep 23, 2008 00:53
This months Game Informer says that among several othe rgames are taking a bit of a hit. Including Ghostbusters and Brutal Legend who are seeking new publishers. 

Other games hurt by merger:
-Zombie Wrangler
-Chronicles of Riddik
-Leisure Suit Larry
-World in Conflict
-Wet
-Several XBLA titles

Not a big hit and the big names are obviously gonna get picked up sooner or later.

anyways yeah CAG pulled a nice on on Kotaku as well as other blog sites that certainly hurt them big time.
http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/News-202827.aspx

<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Sep 23, 2008 02:22>

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
Re:KOTAKU - 50 Cent BitS Dead... Wait no... it's not... wait... is it? - Sep 23, 2008 08:05
Damn , Not the riddick game ... I was excited for the game . Hopefully somebody picks it up . A first party maybe ?
  [image]http://gdpit.com/avatars_pictures/animated/gdpit_com_45464555_806.gif[/image]

Kelvinellenton
  • Total Posts : 454
  • Reward points : 0
Re:KOTAKU - 50 Cent BitS Dead... Wait no... it's not... wait... is it? - Sep 23, 2008 16:03
Wet seemed like a really cool game when i read about