LA Noire to hit PS3 AND 360 Next Year?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
LA Noire to hit PS3 AND 360 Next Year? - Sep 20, 2008 14:17

Australia, September 19, 2008 - Tom Crago, the CEO of Tantalus and the president of the Game Developers' Association of Australia, yesterday gave an overview of the Australian game development industry at GC Asia 2008, and IGN was there to nab a few little tidbits on L.A. Noire, the Rockstar-published game being developed out of Team Bondi in Sydney. No one has heard anything on the title for some time, but Crago confirmed that "it's got - I'd suggest - another year or so to go". He also mentioned that it "could be the biggest budget videogame in development anywhere in the world. It would certainly... in terms of console titles, be in the top ten... LA Noire is a massive massive project."

And last, but by no means least, he mentioned that the game is coming to PS3 and 360 - up until now the title has only been confirmed for PS3. We'll let you know as soon as we can get independent confirmation from either Team Bondi or Rockstar.

Mr Crago also spoke of L.A. Noire's importance to the Australian development industry, saying that: "It's one that we hold huge hopes for. It has been said about Australia that we've not been that successful putting out a title that really has set the world on fire; a big budget title that's sold multiple million copies and that has really put us on the map as a hub for videogame development. There are plenty of people who are hoping that L.A. Noire will be that title."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/911/911808p1.aspx

I never followed LA Noire much. Someone want to fill me in on the details? Why should I want to play it?
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Kelvinellenton
  • Total Posts : 454
  • Reward points : 0
Re:LA Noire to hit PS3 AND 360 Next Year? - Sep 20, 2008 14:32
I think it's a detective story in black and white that takes place in LA... That's about it. I just always thought that it was a PS3 exclusive

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
Re:LA Noire to hit PS3 AND 360 Next Year? - Sep 20, 2008 21:03
Not much is known about the actual game.  Its main appeal is probably for film buffs who love Film Noir and hardboiled detective novels of the 1940s.  One of the more recent classics would be Jack Nicholson in the Roman Polanski film "Chinatown."

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
Re:LA Noire to hit PS3 AND 360 Next Year? - Sep 20, 2008 21:39
It was announced as a PS3 exclusive .. The last announcement was the first time the 360 version was mentioned .
  [image]http://gdpit.com/avatars_pictures/animated/gdpit_com_45464555_806.gif[/image]

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
Re:LA Noire to hit PS3 AND 360 Next Year? - Sep 22, 2008 08:57
when it was announced at roughly the same time as the 360's exclusive GTA content, it was a ps3 exclusive. Now it appears that it won't be; which is good as I quite liked the premise of the game. I guess it will use GTAs engine, so it may play like GTA1940s.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
Re:LA Noire to hit PS3 AND 360 Next Year? - Sep 22, 2008 18:35
The trailer looks pretty interesting on IGN.  I kinda like that 1940s look.

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:LA Noire to hit PS3 AND 360 Next Year? - Sep 23, 2008 01:11
I love noir. I love the whole style of it all. mmm Double Indemnity for classic and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and L.A. Confidential for modern. When it comes to books you obviously got Ray Chandler but Frank Miller owned in it the graphic novels obviously. I been waiting for it to hit videogames in a bigger way. The developer I'm so-so about right now hopefully with Rockstar publishing it they can throw a little rockstar touch into the game.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
Re:LA Noire to hit PS3 AND 360 Next Year? - Sep 23, 2008 04:05
Double Indemnity was great... fantastic late-career performance by Edward G. Robinson.