Little Big Planet: What Will You Make (discussion)

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Little Big Planet: What Will You Make (discussion) - Sep 07, 2008 00:22
So I was just wondering what sort of levels and objects would you all like to make in LBP?

I was thinking of going back and playing various Platformers from the past and and recreating some of the levels. The easiest it seems would be Super Mario Bros. I thin kit would be cool to make a few of those levels down to the last detail. And from the previews shown it looks very much possible.

I also wanna try and make a small bungee jumping type mini game. Tho I'm not sure what the allowed hight is for this game so that one altho simple may not be possible anyways.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Little Big Planet: What Will You Make (discussion) - Sep 07, 2008 02:41
Original environments only. There are going to be thousands and thousands of dupe environments, and more-likely-than-not, quite a few will be shut down for copyright infringement. How detailed are the map editing tools? You don't get a ghetto texture editor do you?

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Little Big Planet: What Will You Make (discussion) - Sep 07, 2008 02:44
I read somewhere that they're possibly looking to hire gamers who make the best levels as designers.
The game looks amazing, but I still don't like platformers  
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
Re:Little Big Planet: What Will You Make (discussion) - Sep 07, 2008 14:52

The games physics are built around raggdoll and way to floaty and random to create the tight & weighty gameplay / level designs the mario and sonic offer. So lets hope they include the option the tweak these physics.

Also im hoping they include a USB Mouse option, as making levels with a pad (no matter how well implemented) will get tedious after a while.
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
Re:Little Big Planet: What Will You Make (discussion) - Sep 07, 2008 22:30
I'm going to make a level for my wife, so it'll have to piss easy, and entertaining enough to keep her interested.  She hates computer games but likes the artwork for this, so hopefully she'll give a level I make for her a go.

Lorna once was so trashed she wanted to play halo 3.  She looked at ceiling/floor/ceilling/floor whilst spinning in circles for about two minutes before throwing the controller across the room because someone shot her.  I got slapped for laughing.
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Little Big Planet: What Will You Make (discussion) - Sep 08, 2008 00:07
No no, make it look piss easy but fuck it up some how so it's actually impossible. 
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Re:Little Big Planet: What Will You Make (discussion) - Sep 08, 2008 08:49
Eddie_the_Hated

Original environments only. There are going to be thousands and thousands of dupe environments, and more-likely-than-not, quite a few will be shut down for copyright infringement. How detailed are the map editing tools? You don't get a ghetto texture editor do you?

Any and everything you've seen in the previews can be used. Gametrailers had a few demonstrations of levels being made a short time ago. But more then just levels you can go all out and make rube goldberg devices I'd imagine with all the pulleys and buttons and what not. It seems almost limitless honestly. Also about the copy right stuff I dont plan to submit all mystuff online. I do plan to take a picture of Mario's face and placing it in the game as one of those cutsome cut out masks.

Anyways i'll go find some vidoes tomorow.

VF

The games physics are built around raggdoll and way to floaty andrandom to create the tight & weighty gameplay / level designs themario and sonic offer. So lets hope they include the option the tweakthese physics.

Also im hoping they include a USB Mouseoption, as making levels with a pad (no matter how well implemented)will get tedious after a while.

Items can be stack carved and stuck in place. It looks like a very open ended system. The levels in the game can be easily replicated they claim with the tools given to the user.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Sep 08, 2008 08:53>