Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mercenaries 2 Review(s)
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Mercenaries 2 Review(s) - Aug 31, 2008 20:03
IGN REVIEW

Closing Comments
Mercenaries 2 islike a newsstand; it has a lot of issues. Still, I can’t deny thatthere were some hootin’ and hollerin’ moments. For every time I cursedthe stupid AI, I cheered at the demolition of another building. Forevery bug that got me stuck in some bushes, there was an attack chopperwaiting to be jacked. If Mercenaries 2 had more polish, it would havebeen a great game. As is, it’s still worth playing – and enjoyable –but falls far short of its promise.

Anyone have a more positive take? I never played the original, only a short demo. But I had heard good things about number 1, and was surprised to see this one not score higher.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Mercenaries 2 Review(s) - Aug 31, 2008 20:56
Its an EA'ified :D

oút before its done
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Mercenaries 2 Review(s) - Sep 01, 2008 04:10
I will never understand why they rush out broken games like this, especially the ones that have promise.  Honestly, how hard is it to fix a few bugs?  Then they expect us to pay 70$ for this, fuck off.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Mercenaries 2 Review(s) - Sep 01, 2008 04:15
I don't want the game mainly because of the annoying ass commercial.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Mercenaries 2 Review(s) - Sep 01, 2008 08:51
I loved the first one enough to just go out and buy this one. I can't say I've gotten stuck in any bushes, but there are a few bugs that pop up with the physics but its more funny looking then gameplay damaging.

I've been playing for a few hours now and find it very enjoyable and pretty much just like a cleaned up version of the first one. I do wish they would've added more as I'm already 40% done it says. Also despite having a slightly repetitive mission structure the destruction is oh so nice.

I have yet to play co-op so far since no one else got it. This game would've been amazing if it included a Multiplayer similar to GTA tho. Anyways I would definitely say a must rent game, its very much worht playing, but I dunno about recommending it as a buy at least not to everyone. For me it was a worthwhile purchase...Meh I'll edit thsi when i finish the game and try some co-op.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Mercenaries 2 Review(s) - Sep 02, 2008 21:31
The game hasn't excited me once since it's announcement. It looks ugly, and it doesn't bring anything new to the table. The first one was amazing for the time, but I don't see why everyone's raving.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll