• Total Posts : 454
  • Reward points : 0
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 21, 2008 16:48
Wow.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 21, 2008 18:22
Thank goodness they installed all those disconnected catwalks.

Come on, man, this level does not look good.  The previous things we've seen with the running along rooftops look nice, but this kind of level design is absolutely flaccid and uninspired. 

"What should we do for the escape from the facility?" 

"Uh... let's just duplicate the same catwalks and make it four stories high." 

"Management wants to make sure we've got at least 12 hours for the campaign." 

"Uh... okay, make it eight stories high."

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 21, 2008 18:35
Do you realize the thousands of dollars the Mushroom Kingdom Army Corps of Engineers spends annually in filling all those pits in the countryside?

And which architects did Bowser hire to draft his fortresses? I'm sure as hell that those lava pits aren't up to code.

...It's a platformer dude. That's been bog standard fare for years. It only sticks out now because realistic games with platforming elements have been few and far in between this generation.

The level they show needs direction, I won't argue there. But I have full confidence in DICE, and if they create a game with a functional first-person platformer mechanic, I can't fault them, especially with the frustratingly barren platformer genre this generation.

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 21, 2008 21:57
Zoy

Thank goodness they installed all those disconnected catwalks.

Come on, man, this level does not look good.  The previous things we've seen with the running along rooftops look nice, but this kind of level design is absolutely flaccid and uninspired. 

"What should we do for the escape from the facility?" 

"Uh... let's just duplicate the same catwalks and make it four stories high." 

"Management wants to make sure we've got at least 12 hours for the campaign." 

"Uh... okay, make it eight stories high."

Boy I feel the same way, Although I want be playing this game I get a headache just watching it. I don't know what it is maybe its something they use in the lighting but when I play some ea games (IE Bad Company) I get a big as headache I think its the lighting or something. Anyway I'm going to skip this game on that alone.

Torr
  • Total Posts : 554
  • Reward points : 8100
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 22, 2008 06:33
Eddie has a point they are trying to mesh realism and a fun platformer together in a "sleek" looking way, I'm not going to fault them for putting in some unrealistic environments that are fun to play in.  I'll most likely be picking this up when it comes out(funds allowing).

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 22, 2008 07:38
It's not the fact that it's unrealistic that bothers me.  It's the fact that it's boring, repetitive and unispired.  Unrealistic would be great if they made it fun to look at and interact with. 

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 22, 2008 07:44
Must every single game ever made have radio chatter from an unseen person who sees everything you are doing no matter where you are?  I am sick of radio chatter in games.  "Get the hell out of there"  "Oh look they sent snipers!"  Gee, thanks, asshole.  I would never have noticed them.  I would have never known that I am supposed to GTFO, either.  Do games assume only idiots play them and must hold their hand?  This game looks fairly decent with the exception of where she picked up a gun.  If they can refrain themselves from not including any shooting scenes, then I might be interested.  At least it has something that the majority of other games these days don't have... color!
<message edited by Joe Redifer on Aug 22, 2008 07:46>

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 22, 2008 07:48
Joe Redifer

Do games assume only idiots play them and must hold their hand? 

yes
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 22, 2008 08:49
You guys are gay, whats impressive the way it flows.

I mean don't tell me you've seen platforming that fluid ever before, even if that particular part of that level looks unnatural and obviously designed around the game.
<message edited by emofag on Aug 22, 2008 08:53>

ys
  • Total Posts : 532
  • Reward points : 7470
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 22, 2008 08:52
Joe Redifer

Must every single game ever made have radio chatter from an unseen person who sees everything you are doing no matter where you are?  I am sick of radio chatter in games.  "Get the hell out of there"  "Oh look they sent snipers!"  Gee, thanks, asshole.  I would never have noticed them.  I would have never known that I am supposed to GTFO, either.  Do games assume only idiots play them and must hold their hand?  This game looks fairly decent with the exception of where she picked up a gun.  If they can refrain themselves from not including any shooting scenes, then I might be interested.  At least it has something that the majority of other games these days don't have... color!

Hehe, exactly my thoughts. The concept fits in some games but too many have this.

And I liked what I saw from this game up until now (the color for example :P ) except for one thing : the shooting. I realize that the game doesn't have it as focus but it kind of ruined the "feel" of what I saw before with the running, climbing etc.

Demonoroth
  • Total Posts : 359
  • Reward points : 18080
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 22, 2008 10:26
It looks nice...but I must agree with some. That level looked rather boring. Also have to agree with YS that the shooting aspect could ruin the feel of the game.

Another thing is as Mikay2d said getting headaches. Lots of people are really going to get trouble with motion sickness from this game.

Although that level looked unispired and kinda bored me. The game looks nice, it has a nice concept. So I'll just wait and make up my mind about it when I see more of it. EA has a good thing here just hope they don't screw it up with boring levels and gunplay.
Wii code: 2072 1110 4558 6538
Smash Bros Brawl: 1848-3246-8526
Mario Kart: 412452409500
Mario Strikers: 120360 413659
NiGHTS: 3737-8754-6785
PES 08: 4339-4437-7901

PSN: Demonoroth
pm me if you add anything

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 22, 2008 15:58

It looks nice...but I must agree with some. That level looked ratherboring. Also have to agree with YS that the shooting aspect could ruinthe feel of the game.

It would be more frustrating to see firearms littering the ground, and not be able to pick them up and use them. Keep in mind that gunplay isn't your primary, or preferred means of attack, at least that's the impression I get.

Ah well, we'll be getting an impression in a week or so's time. I'm not going to pass any more judgement till I hear some hands on details.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 22, 2008 18:16
It looked fine to me.  It only looked boring to some because whoever was playing was really GOOD!  You try taking your shitty asses in there and running through like that!

Then again, if it IS that easy, then fuck this game!

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 25, 2008 23:07

Keep in mind that gunplay isn't your primary, or preferred means of attack, at least that's the impression I get.

Yeah i read that you dont have to fire a single bullet in the game and youll even get rewarded for doing it (the hero's group doesnt approve of the use of firearms or something).

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 26, 2008 05:42
I'm shooting the first asshole i see the moment i pick up a gun.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 26, 2008 07:31
Agent Ghost

I'm shooting the first asshole i see the moment i pick up a gun.

Then let's hope you never pick one up.

(Note to ys: I'm implying he's an asshole himself)

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:I'll be carrying EA's babies - Aug 26, 2008 09:02
I was talking about the game.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments