Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 11:18
The store I buy my stuff from said I can accept it probably on thursday/friday at latest on monday or tuesday.

With that said I will basically never play any online game on ps3 since I think achivement and my swedish friends mean the most but,I might go some resistance 2 with ppl here or any other game you might pick up.

my PSN will be whatever isn't taken.
I will update this post when I have it(a psn account).
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 14:25
Get Ratchet & Clank and MGS4 too.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 14:45
If you like racing games you should pick up Burnout Paradise The downfall is the coop/split screen is removed so it is a singe player game (offline) and online has up to 8 players i think.
If you haven't played Half Life i suggest The Orange Box HL2, HL:EP I, HL:EP II, Portal (offline sp)
 Team Fortress 2 ( online multiplayer)

Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 14:50
Only have MGS4, VF5 and Sega Rally so far.

Ratchet any good?? Any other good games, don't really know of much since I wasn't following it since I didn't have a PS3.

MGS4 it's good but it's to short and to easy in my opinion.
the_shadowwolf

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 15:01
Demonoroth you should definitely pick up Resistance FOM.
Depends on what type of games you play.
-Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is a solid single player
-COD4
-GTA4

Tactical games:
GRAW(Ghost Reacon Adv. Warfighter) or  R6(Rainbow Six)

Even Elder Scrolls IV: Game of the year Ed. (has the original game as well as the Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine expansions).

Demonoroth

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 15:32
I wouldn't mind picking up Resistance and COD4 but I've never been any good with fps with two analog sticks. For some reason I just suck at it. So for fps on a console I'm looking at my Wii.

GTA4...I'll pick it up some day. Sure I can squeeze fun out of those games but it's not something that I say I must have right away. But I'll be picking it up eventually.

Finished Oblivion on my pc and well don't really care all that much about expansions unless if this one really adds a lot then I might consider it.

I'll check out Uncharted and see if I like it or not.

For the rest it's about all fine with me. RTS, RPG, Racing, Fighting, action, adventure, action/adventure, platforming, weird stuff ala Killer 7, horror games. If anything good pops up in your mind just let me know
<message edited by Demonoroth on Aug 19, 2008 15:37>
Nitro

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 16:17
GTAIV is as mindblowing as Super Mario galaxy is fun.

Uncharted is the best PS3 game available, with Ratchet & Clank in a close second place. Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Heavenly Sword shouldn't be missed (just don't pay full price for them), ...and MotorStorm is a blast (though the sequel will be out soon).

Warhawk owns, and MGS4 is just fucking epic. Most multiplatform titles are meh apart from Burnout Paradise, Devil May Cry 4 and CoD4.

You definitely don't want resistance. Its absolute garbage.
QuezcatoL

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 16:21
I got the platinum version of Uncharted,only half-price :P
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 16:21
What's wrong with Resistance? I think Motorstorm is crap on the other hand
Demonoroth

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 17:15
Nitro

GTAIV is as mindblowing as Super Mario galaxy is fun.

Uncharted is the best PS3 game available, with Ratchet & Clank in a close second place. Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Heavenly Sword shouldn't be missed (just don't pay full price for them), ...and MotorStorm is a blast (though the sequel will be out soon).

Warhawk owns, and MGS4 is just fucking epic. Most multiplatform titles are meh apart from Burnout Paradise, Devil May Cry 4 and CoD4.

You definitely don't want resistance. Its absolute garbage.

Think i'll get GTA when price goes down.

As for uncharted it got me interested a bit so I might just pick it up next time I walk into Game Mania. I like ninjas so I was gonna get Ninja Gaiden anyway if I saw it somewhere and wasn't planning on paying full price for it. Heavenly Sword...I really don't know...heard a lot of bad things about it and the demo...being awefully short as it was couldn't really convince me.
As for Motorstorm guess I'll just wait till the next one comes out.

Warhawk then...was gonna buy it someday just for the headset. But don't really know if I'll like the game or not.

Already got mgs4 indeed a great game although I really find the sections where you actually play too short and too easy. Even on The boss extreme I found it to be easy for what the name made it sound like, with a few exceptions.

Aah Devil May Cry, weird that I forgot about that title. Loved the third one so yeah will be getting this one.

As for Call of Duty no point in getting it since I have it on pc and as I said before I generally suck at fps on consoles with those damn analog sticks. And wasn't planning on getting Resistance ever.

So yeah the only thing I'm like kinda willing to pay full price for next time I walk into Game Mania is Devil May Cry, Uncharted and Ratchet & Clank.

Right now there's only one other title I know I'll be paying full price for and that'll be Yakuza. When's that coming out anyway?
<message edited by Demonoroth on Aug 19, 2008 17:35>
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 18:37
Get Tekken and superstar dust. Also check out the pixel monters its a very fun game.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 20:03
Yeah Resistance is a big letdown imo, Sounds like your set in the right direction.

Altough some people Love R&C and it personaly is boring to me. I dont get why people love it so.

If your into GT, dont forget GT5P. I Really recommend GRID aswell, download the demo its so much fun, and dont be fooled by the "its better on 360", the ps3 versions are fine, its not like your going to notice a lsightly blurer texture.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 19, 2008 23:20
I'll give another shout for Warhawk, it's seriously underrated around these forums!  Quez, add me up buddy, just Umboros on PSN.
the_shadowwolf

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 20, 2008 01:58
Demonoroth

Think i'll get GTA when price goes down.

Amazon dropped $11.00 USD off. So it's around 48.99
 http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Theft-Auto-IV-Playstation-3/dp/B000HKP88C/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1219193164&sr=8-2

The downfall to Resistance is the price by now that should have dropped to 39.99 or 49.99.
I paid full 59.99 for it 1 month ago.
Holy fuck, Amazon now has as greatest hits and  is at $28.99
http://www.amazon.com/Resistance-Fall-Man-playstation-3/dp/B000JLIXIG/ref=pd_ts_zbw_vg_14210861_7?pf_rd_p=302717801&pf_rd_s=right-4&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=14210751&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1D0NZM85T37PD5JQ0CXQ

Ninja Gaiden is also on greatest hits 29.99
http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Gaiden-Sigma-Greatest-Playstation-3/dp/B001BP4JY6/ref=pd_ts_vg_35?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

Or save your money till the end of the year for:
-Resistance 2
-Fallout 3
-Socom
-FFXIII
-Bioshock
-Tomb Raider Underworld
-COD: WAW
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 20, 2008 05:12
If I find Warhawk I'll pick it up.
Demonoroth

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 20, 2008 09:43
Starting to like those prices. I really got something with getting stuff cheap.

For mgs4 I payed 45€, for VF5 20€ and Sega Rally 30€...damn I'm cheap hehehehe.

But yeah gonna keep my eyes open for those an thanks for the info.
QuezcatoL

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 20, 2008 10:21
Got a message today,the package is like 1km from my house it should be shipped to the store 50m from my house later today so I will pick it up today probably.
Nitro

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 20, 2008 10:37
Resistance is a REMF of a game.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 20, 2008 15:40
I recall you making a post mortem about Resistance praising it some saying it was getting undeserved negative attention..

I enjoyed Resistance, its a half decent shooter, cant compare it to Crysis though
Nitro

Re:just pre-ordered a ps3 and uncharted! - Aug 20, 2008 15:52
The last two levels are great. The rest is just meh.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message