Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row"

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 05, 2008 15:32
LINK

The man raped and killed two girls back in the eighties, and now he's afraid that the lethal injection will hurt because they won't find a vein?!

I'm against lethal injection of convicts like this, to be sure. Lethal injections cost the American taxpayer about ninety dollars a head, while one round of 230 Grain .45 ACP only runs about 30c if you buy in bulk. I'm missing the cruel and unusual part of shooting people like this in the back of the head.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 05, 2008 19:01
I'm sure with our stupid ass government someone could claim that they had a needle phobia and get away with prison. I also think any form of death row killing that costs taxpayers that much is a waste. I also think we should just kill people who get life in prison. It's not like they're gonna be benefiting anything to society.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 05, 2008 21:33
Lethal injection is just a conscience-relieving technique for the executioners... allegedly it's agonizingly painful, it just eliminates motor functions early on so we don't see the person writhing in anguish.  Perhaps a shot to the head would be more humane, if killing can be humane.

Overall I think the role of prisons should be diminished, with most of their funding diverted to treatment of addiction and mental illnesses... I believe that properly addressing those factors as health issues would eliminate well over half the prison population.  Reworking our economic system so there's not perpetual, multi-generational poverty would also eliminate a huge percentage of crime.  Some people are just stone crazy psychopaths, but really relatively few.

As for execution in general, I think it's just a real dangerous attitude to take on that we're going to deal with problems that we can't easily solve just by automatically killing people.  Because the essential contradiction is that we are then killers too -- justifiably?  Debatable. 

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 05, 2008 21:43
I don't think it's painful, have you not ever had surgery?  you can be sedated in 2 seconds, ripped apart, have body parts removed and replaced, when you wake up you'll be sore and thats it.

If pain receptors are blocked, there is no pain period.

And just shooting people in the back of the head like our resident retard eddie suggests is not cost effective.  There will be more tax money wasted when the guy's family requires psychiatric help for years because they have been scared for life after seeing their dad get shot in the head.

And I very much doubt it costs each of us $90 per head.  If we had 200 million tax payers that would mean it costs 18,000,000,000 to execute someone, which is not true.  It doesn't cost 18 billion dollars to execute someone, you're a fucking moron.
<message edited by emofag on Aug 05, 2008 21:53>

mastachefbkw
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 05, 2008 22:57

And just shooting people in the back of the head like our residentretard eddie suggests is not cost effective.  There will be more taxmoney wasted when the guy's family requires psychiatric help for yearsbecause they have been scared for life after seeing their dad get shotin the head.

I'm sure there is no way to watch a close family member die in front of you without it effecting you. Sure a shot to the back of the head would be much more gruesome, but why not hang people? You can reuse a rope to save money, and people can take bets on if persons neck will break or if they just choke to death.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 06, 2008 01:11
Yes it's still death but really, would you rather see your mother suffocate slowly, die and then have her  head dislocate from her body.  Then take the grotesque corpse and try to have burial.

There's alot more little things that affect people psychologically.  Some things give people better "closure", and I don't think there is any "better" way to kill people than through lethal injection.

Most of you have no appreciation for human life and would just rather see people slaughtered.

<message edited by emofag on Aug 06, 2008 01:13>

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 06, 2008 01:39

I don't think it's painful, have you not ever had surgery?  you can besedated in 2 seconds, ripped apart, have body parts removed andreplaced, when you wake up you'll be sore and thats it.

It has failed under rare circumstances. I don't know of any statistics, but I'd be interested to meet the man who survives a point-blank shot to the back of the head.

And I very much doubt it costs each of us $90 per head.  If we had200 million tax payers that would mean it costs 18,000,000,000 toexecute someone, which is not true.  It doesn't cost 18 billion dollarsto execute someone, you're a fucking moron.

No, dumbass. It's $88 dollars for the four-drug cocktail they use. Their heads, not ours.

And just shooting people in the back of the head like our residentretard eddie suggests is not cost effective.  There will be more taxmoney wasted when the guy's family requires psychiatric help for yearsbecause they have been scared for life after seeing their dad get shotin the head.

Why should they get to see him die?

Give a last visitation period of two hours the day before, and then send them home. The convict's family shouldn't be present for the execution. If anything, (and I don't support this either) the victim's immediate family would have more rights than the convicted.

Besides, execution viewing laws are a new thing anyway. Viewings were big when we were still using the chair back in the thirties, but that died out when it became less of a "legal lynching" environment. I know Texas in particular (Capital Punishment capitol of the US) only began to allow viewings in 1996.

Your psychological scars theory doesn't hold up. If daddy/hubby is in prison, the psychological scars are already there.

As for execution in general, I think it's just a real dangerousattitude to take on that we're going to deal with problems that wecan't easily solve just by automatically killing people.  Because theessential contradiction is that we are then killers too --justifiably?  Debatable.

Hard DNA evidence, and irrefutable witnesses to a crime are the only pieces of evidence I would accept for capital punishment. Capitol Punishment should be the last resort in removing the lowest of the low from society.

Yes it's still death but really, would you rather see your mothersuffocate slowly, die and then have her  head dislocate from her body. Then take the grotesque corpse and try to have burial.

Beheading. Decidedly more humane than suffocation or lethal injection. Zoy is correct on LE as well, it's excruciating,
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Aug 06, 2008 01:43>

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 06, 2008 01:56
Dont worry Torr, they will find a Vein.

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 06, 2008 01:58
Slightly off topic, but still on the subject of death. Did somebody lock the "WTF is wrong with Canadians" thread? I don't get a post option.

mastachefbkw
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 06, 2008 06:01
A few years back someone told me that if a person were to survive a death penalty, then they were automatically a free person. I don't know/think this is true, but if it were what would stop the executioner from just giving them more of the drug?

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 06, 2008 06:52
That was an old law.  Back in the day when people were hanged, they figured if they survived they were not meant to die.  They probably thought it was god's will.  I wouldn't be surprised if the law remained in the southern states for a while, I doubt they still have it today though. 

I'm not even sure if it was written down as a law, it might only have been tradition.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 06, 2008 07:36
well i know some dude survived the electric chair.  I don't know what they did afterwards though.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 06, 2008 14:45
There are quite a few people who survived the chair.

They re-juiced them again pretty quickly, and the second time usually finished the job. Most of the time it was due to poor application of the electrocution equipment (Seen the Green Mile? Yeah... Like that).

mastachefbkw
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 06, 2008 22:30

(Seen the Green Mile? Yeah... Like that).

I's ascurrreed of tha dark. Classic

Eddie_the_Hated
Re:Fatass Death-Row Inmate "Too Fat for Death Row" - Aug 07, 2008 13:25
I fucking love that movie. It's right up there with the Shawshank Redemption.