Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 WTF is wrong with Canadians?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 04, 2008 23:58
I was just making a point about the guy with the knife. Back in the mother land we used to duel it out with spears. just for sport the older guys would use real spears. But a knife is nothing to be worried about.  That's all I meant yes I am scared of a man with spear very scared.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 05, 2008 00:56
mikayd2

I was just making a point about the guy with the knife. Back in the mother land we used to duel it out with spears. just for sport the older guys would use real spears. But a knife is nothing to be worried about.  That's all I meant yes I am scared of a man with spear very scared.
On a crowded bus, it would be much easier to defend a spear than a knife. And how is there nothing to fear from a knife? A knife would be faster and you could sneak up on someone unexpected. It would be kinda hard to pull a fucking spear out of your pocket.

mikayd2

Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 05, 2008 03:24
True a sneak attack can get anybody but a upfront fight with a knife can be delt with.  I think spears or iilegal in the public. Those things will put and eye out quick. They could have done something on that bus.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 05, 2008 03:36
This guy is obsessed with spears, wow fucking spears, if someones going to walk around with a spear they might as well walk around with guns.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 05, 2008 04:23
No way.  Spears are way more cumbersome and far less effective than guns.  Guns kick ass.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 05, 2008 04:28

Guns kick ass.

I'll be filing for my concealed-carry the day after my 21st birthday. I'd like to think that I would have the means to neutralize a situation like this without putting myself in harm's way.

Handgun or not though, I don't think I could stand by and watch somebody get stabbed. I don't have too many rational fears, but another person in visible sustained pain scares the shit out of me. I don't know why. I can watch war movies all day, and horror movies with death sequences, but movies where there are old-school amputation scenes still make me wince.

I would like to say it would be because it's just, and the right thing to do, but having not been in too many life and death situations, I can't say. In general I tend to have more fight than flight tendencies, but I've always been one to gravitate towards risk taking.

I was just making a point about the guy with the knife. Back in themother land we used to duel it out with spears.

Which country are your ancestors from Mikayd? I'm curious.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Aug 05, 2008 05:14>
mikayd2

Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 05, 2008 13:15
My people are from afirca. I can give you the details if you like. We came over about 6  years ago.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 05, 2008 13:52
It's ok saying that you would have done something if you had been on the bus, but it doesn't work like that in real life. Most of the people probably didn't even see the knife, ...they'll have just seen the blood and heard others screaming. The guy was sitting next to him so unless he stood up before he attacked the guy the knife would have been out of view for most of the occupants. It's also not like you could surround the guy or take him from multiple sides because it's a fucking bus. Nobody in their right mind would have tried taking the guy on bare handed, on a cramped bus, after he'd just stabbed some poor kid 60 fucking times. It's ok saying that somebody could have taken him from behind (hur hur) but if the guy was stronger than you and you couldn't disarm him or pin him, you'd only get hurt yourself and the guy would have had copious amounts of adrenalin running through his veins.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 05, 2008 15:36

My people are from afirca. I can give you the details if you like. We came over about 6  years ago.

Yeah, I knew that. Which country?

It's ok saying that you would have done something if you had been onthe bus, but it doesn't work like that in real life. Most of the peopleprobably didn't even see the knife, ...they'll have just seen the bloodand heard others screaming. The guy was sitting next to him so unlesshe stood up before he attacked the guy the knife would have been out ofview for most of the occupants. It's also not like you could surroundthe guy or take him from multiple sides because it's a fucking bus.Nobody in their right mind would have tried taking the guy on barehanded, on a cramped bus, after he'd just stabbed some poor kid 60fucking times. It's ok saying that somebody could have taken him frombehind (hur hur) but if the guy was stronger than you and you couldn'tdisarm him or pin him, you'd only get hurt yourself and the guy wouldhave had copious amounts of adrenalin running through his veins.

Gun.

<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Aug 05, 2008 15:38>
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:WTF is wrong with Canadians? - Aug 05, 2008 16:30
Even with a gun you wouldn't have been able to save the kid's life. He would have been dead in the first couple of seconds. With the panic and confusion; people running to get off the bus as quickly as possible you wouldn't be able to make a clear decision regarding whether or not to shoot the guy.

If you did have a clear shot and could make that judgement then yeah, a gun would have ended the drama and probably saved the dead kid from being beheaded.

There was an attack at a school in Israel where a gun went in with an assault rifle just gunning people down. One of the visitors had a pistol and since everybody has to a stint in the IDF, was able to put two rounds in the guys chest and stop the slaughter.

I don't advocate issuing guns to civilians though. It's something i strongly oppose.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 30 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message