360 Opus Motherboard Soft-Launches

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
360 Opus Motherboard Soft-Launches - Aug 01, 2008 04:50
Most people won't even know it hit, because it only exists in repaired consoles. This is Microsoft's solution to their recurring GPU failure issue.

Yeah... I'll be honest, this post is primarily for myself and Unlucky, as we appear to be the only people in this corner of the internet that really keep up with this nerdy jazz.

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
  • Reward points : 0
Re:360 Opus Motherboard Soft-Launches - Aug 01, 2008 08:46
I love the nerdy stuff even if I don't really understand it all. I'm pretty sure I got something new in my recently repaired box, as it sounds and acts differently. I could check but that means opening up and then I'll start prodding things with my fingers.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:360 Opus Motherboard Soft-Launches - Aug 01, 2008 15:44
Not to mention voiding your warranty. They should be fixing the problem, but seeing as I've never dealt with one, I couldn't say for sure.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
Re:360 Opus Motherboard Soft-Launches - Aug 01, 2008 18:36
I follow this shit. 

It's my understanding that The reason the Pro's dropped in price was to phase them out to allow the 60GB models to replace them.  They won't be getting the price drop.  I figured they'd be the new mobo's.
"This is sad. There's no other word for it. The person who invents a way to punch someone in the face over the Internet will make millions from the demand generated by people like this." Youtube comments