Big Nothing (DVD)

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Big Nothing (DVD) - Jul 27, 2008 10:30
Premise:
Strapped for cash after being fired from his new job at a call center, former teacher Charlie (David Schwimmer)teams with a low-level crook and his girlfriend in a scheme toblackmail the Rev. Smalls, an easy target known to visit adult Websites. But their simple plan quickly falls apart when Smalls dies. Now,Charlie's got way more trouble on his hands than he ever expected inthis crime caper co-starring Simon Pegg.

For violence, language and a scene of sexuality
Length:86 minutes
Director:Jean-Baptiste Andrea
Cast:

David Schwimmer
Simon Pegg
Alice Eve
Billy Asher
Mitchell Mullen
Sarah Edmondson
Amber Rose Sealey
Colin Stinton
Olivia Peterson
Mimi Rogers
Natascha McElhone
Jon Polito

My thoughts:
I accidentally found this movie while browsing Netflix. I didn't know what to expect from the cast or director. You got Pegg with an american accent (sort of) and the guy from Friends. With that combo I couldn't quite tell what kind of movie it would be.It's classified as a comedy/crime caper. Tho I'd say dark comedy...very dark at points...and very much my favorite kind of comedy. As for the crime caper part, the whole movie involves more coincedence than actual mystery, but its works quite well as a whole and makes the ending next to impossible to predict.

I enjoyed the humor, liked the twists and was ok for the most part with the ending. Overall a solid movie I would say. So like go find it damn it. I assure you Schwimmer isn't as annoying in this as you'd think...tho he is still a bit whiny.

<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Jul 27, 2008 10:37>