Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dark Knight review
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 22, 2008 14:43
So I finally managed to watch Batman (it only started yesterday in Germany =/) and wow, that was definitely the best Batman movie EVER. I especially liked how with Harvey Dent, Batman/Bruce Wayne and Joker they had three totally diverse characters that all managed to be fascinating in their own way. I also found that the role of that damsel in distress was played better than in Batman Begins (Maybe because of a different actress?) however she still didn't make much impact. There were also a few small logical issues (How come NOBODY noticed the Joker on the parade? I mean he didnt wear his make up but still his face is cut-up. Something like that doesn't go unnoticed) but other than that, an absolutely great movie. Movie of the Year, so far.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 22, 2008 19:01
I had two logical issues with the movie not counting the impossible gadgets.  One, how the fuck did the joker rig the bombs in the hospital without anyone noticing?  Secondly, how did the police find DNA matches to the three victims from the clues that the joker left behind?  It's not as if they have samples of everyones DNA. 
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 22, 2008 21:07
Agent Ghost

I had two logical issues with the movie not counting the impossible gadgets.  One, how the fuck did the joker rig the bombs in the hospital without anyone noticing?  Secondly, how did the police find DNA matches to the three victims from the clues that the joker left behind?  It's not as if they have samples of everyones DNA. 

The little "magic trick" left me clueless. I would assume that it would be impossible to shove an ordinary pencil all the way into someone's skull.
Agent Ghost

Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 22, 2008 22:38
He did it through the eye socket, it's possible.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 22, 2008 23:00
Are you serious? By the end of the movie the joker has alot of mob members and gangsters working under him, and if you watched the movie you would notice than about 90% of the people with any sort of power in gotham are corrupt, he could have payed off security at the hospital or just send people in to kill them and plant the bombs, use your imagination, not everything has to be spelled out for you.
mastachefbkw

Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 24, 2008 03:37
Agent Ghost

He did it through the eye socket, it's possible.

Ah, I saw the movie three times and never once noticed it was in the socket.

Agent Ghost

Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 24, 2008 04:24
I saw it three times too, I don't think they actually show the pencil.  I just assume that's where it went. 
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 24, 2008 05:05
A sharpened pencil could enter through the bone gaps in the nose or mouth, through the cartilage, but unless it was driven into the spinal cord, he wouldn't have gone down that cleanly.
Agent Ghost

Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 24, 2008 05:37

A sharpened pencil could enter through the bone gaps in the nose or mouth, through the cartilage, but unless it was driven into the spinal cord, he wouldn't have gone down that cleanly.

You mean the optical cord?  I don't know, bone behind the eye is soft and weak.  The joker slapped that guys head over the pencil with a lot of force, I bet he had enough momentum...  Hmmm, I think we need to make an experiment.

Ok, I need one volunteer!   
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 24, 2008 06:11
No, the medula oblongata through the nose, and the spinal chord through the mouth. A pencil through the eye would rock the shit out of the frontal and/or temporal lobes.

You could get a guy through the eye socket. There have been real reported cases of brain damage from people falling on knives, bayonettes, ice-picks, stuff like that.
mastachefbkw

Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 24, 2008 06:24

Hmmm, I think we need to make an experiment.

Eh, fuck it. Myth Busters will do it for us. They always go and ruin things.
Agent Ghost

Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 24, 2008 06:24
Stop fucking around Eddie, the pencil went through the dude's eye.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
Re:Dark Knight review - Aug 24, 2008 06:57
I agree, the eye it was. Is not like these fuckers actually go and scientifically prove everything before they shoot it. Sides, there is just no way it went through the nose, since his head hit the table face first. And going through the mouth just doesn't feel as cool, if killing a dude that way is cool anyway. 
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 33 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message