Catch Up Thread

Johnny Jiron
  • Total Posts : 434
  • Reward points : 5360
Catch Up Thread - Jul 21, 2008 19:34
A thread for all those missed topics during the lengthy hiatus.

I had quite a few things I wanted to post about but forgot most of it, but will attempt to bring forth what I can.

My thoughts on MGS: The greatest game I have ever WATCHED I suppose I could've played it with a little less run and gun and it may have added more to the segments you play. Honestly they could've just cut that whole playing part out. Its like every single room and section and crawl space had its own video to watch.
I do however enjoy playing MGO. Limited in maps yes but its just so fun and random at times. Almost cinimatic even with some of the siuations that occur. MGS 4/5 (thanks mostly to MGO)

My Thoughts on The Dark Knight: OMFG amazing especially on the fuckn IMAX. The scope and look of the film is spectacular on that screen. The movie itself was good except I'd say 30 minutes to long and (SPOILER)the introduction and and end of Two Face couldve been saved for another movie or dropped entirely. Keep Harvey Dent yeah but save Two Face for later if at all. Tho making another Batman movie as good as or better then this one would be the hardest task ever and I can see why Nolan is very hesitant on the idea.  Heath as everyone knows did a beyond amazing play as the Joker. 4.5/5
Subnote to this, the Watchmen trailer premiered being helmed by 300 director Zach Snyder (sp?).

My thoughts on Warhawk: Bought a copy New (supposadly but who knows) off eBay for $25. My opinion...I probably wouldve been happy to pay full price. Fun epic battles (I'm quite partial to CTF). Flying and shooting simultaneously is hard for me to get used to so I still more ground oriented. 4/5

My thoughts on E3: Meh. Did what was needed to be done but I wasnt expecting much anyways. Fallout 3 looks and sounds great. Gears2 may have me reinterested in the series. I need to see more for my recent PS3 purchase come on sony. I do like their current video service. Buying flicks for the reasonable for the most part price is nice instead of just renting them. My recommendation now that MS picked up the deal with Netflix, Sony should get in bed with Amazon's video servie along with the new Amazon VOD. It could meld perfectly for them. And if they do well...YOU HEARD HERE FIRST!!! If not well its still a good idea.

My thoughts on the new Kikizo forum getup: Nice so far but need to get on my PC to get a better more thorough feel for it.

That is all from me for now what do you all have?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Catch Up Thread - Jul 21, 2008 22:35
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36745.aspx

Call of Duty:World at War 360 Co-op Footage! :D
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
Re:Catch Up Thread - Jul 22, 2008 14:54
You starry-eyed dreamer, Eddie.  The Treyarch sirens are luring your ship straight toward the rocks.  Well... I hope it works out well for you.

As for me, I thought this was the ketchup thread.  I'll be taking my fries elsewhere.
<message edited by Zoy on Jul 22, 2008 14:55>

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Re:Catch Up Thread - Jul 22, 2008 16:18
Y'know, I was the first to chew out Treyarch for their subpar performance with Call of Duty 3, but after seeing the latest interviews, I'm more inclined to believe it's failure was on a corporate level. According to their studio head, they only had eight or so months of work time to complete the title, less than half of the development time they've received to make World at War (Had they been on the same time schedule, the game would have shipped this month), and certainly less time than Infinity Ward received to make the stellar Call of Duty 2.

I still have my hopes up, though I do hope they break the mold and release a console demo before launch.
"I'll wager sixty finest English pence that you defeat Big Sister in the end by shagging her to death."

Kikizo.com - Excellence in Journalism

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
Re:Catch Up Thread - Jul 22, 2008 17:30
The co-op sounds great, I think resistance has 8 player co-op? or something like that, crazy. Too bad I dont have 8 regular players to play with on ps3 lol. Gears2 has co-op too right, might be fun, I have yet to play a game online co-op.

And wtf the Fallout 3 the game looks like ass. seriously.

the_shadowwolf
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 17635
Re:Catch Up Thread - Jul 22, 2008 20:43
In reply to JJ
Since i bought the MGS bundle PS3 last 10 days ago. I am not finished playing MGS4 yet but so far good it is.
Since the forum was down for some time i didn't say what else i got.
I also bought a couple games such as Resistance:FOM (1-4 players co op) 16 online. Excellent game and waiting for amazon to deliver Burnout Paradise. I also got the orange box.

Haven't seen the dark knight yet...tomorrow i will. But i am sure it will be awesome.

Been to the Hard Rock cafe, didn't gamble much.

Also, been out visiting the various beaches in Florida.

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.