So what' s up with Bungie?

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
  • Reward points : 0
So what' s up with Bungie? - Jul 15, 2008 09:41
Since a day or so their website has been sporting a new splashscreen most likely related to a game announcement: www.bungie.net

However, nothing has been shown on the MS press conference and despite the rumor mill (Kotaku) reporting a high attendance of Bungie employees at the EA conference, there was no announcement made either.

So, what' s the deal? I am somehow having this weird feeling that Bungie might partner with somebody surprising, however, didn' t Microsoft have first refusal rights on anything Bungie makes?

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: So what' s up with Bungie? - Jul 15, 2008 10:03
The announcement is tomorrow. It' ll be Microsoft published.

The way i see it, today was about Gears and Final Fantasy. Tomorrow is about taking the spotlight off Sony and Nintendo' s conferences.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
RE: So what' s up with Bungie? - Jul 15, 2008 11:27
According to the countdown it' s gonna be more like Wednesday morning circa 7:07. Almost everything about the teaser screen looks like the Halo HUD aesthetic.... except for the sort of cutesy face-like shape on the left, which is sort of repeated as a large background circle...
< Message edited by Zoy -- 15 Jul 08 3:31:15 >

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: So what' s up with Bungie? - Jul 15, 2008 15:56
The circle in the middle reminds me of Oni, it kinda resembles the lower left circle in the Oni hud.

Im not sure if Bungie owns the Oni name though.

It be intresting to see a new Oni

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: So what' s up with Bungie? - Jul 16, 2008 02:18

Im not sure if Bungie owns the Oni name though.

Theyve discussed the property before as a potential future title, so Im going to assume they do own it. I would much prefer a new Halo or even Marathon over Oni though.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
RE: So what' s up with Bungie? - Jul 16, 2008 13:21

Zoy
Re: RE: So what' s up with Bungie? - Jul 22, 2008 14:47
Wow, what a major blunder that really illustrates the oil-and-water relationship between Bungie and Microsoft.  It was one thing to have the reveal cancelled, but then to have some tankhead at Microsoft leak that it's Halo 4 to MTV in Europe... idiocy.  The fun of the Bungie reveal is nullified and the surprise of the Halo 4 reveal is ruined. 

Dreadknux
  • Total Posts : 35
Re: RE: So what' s up with Bungie? - Jul 22, 2008 19:19
Agreed, it would have been better to have announced what they had at E3 and made the event at least worth keeping an eye on (even if I'm so very bored of Halo these days).

Theyve discussed the property before as a potential future title, so Imgoing to assume they do own it. I would much prefer a new Halo or evenMarathon over Oni though.

Oni was released on the PS2 as well, though. Unless Microsoft ate up the license to Oni as well as Halo when they took Bungie in back when the project was headed for the Mac.

Zoy
Re: RE: So what' s up with Bungie? - Jul 23, 2008 01:47
I suppose it's still possible that they're working on both.