Fantastic Suprises!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Fantastic Suprises! - Jul 07, 2008 03:20

Ex-Nintendo Europe boss David Gosen, now marketing exec at Microsoft, has teased the " fantastic surprises" set to be revealed at this month' s E3 show in Los Angeles. Is that 360 Wii Remote finally coming out of the closet?

Advertisement:
Speaking to trade mag MCV, Gosen said to expect " game-changing" Xbox news at the event, which kicks off with the company' s press conference on July 14.

" It would be churlish of me to ruin the fantastic surprises awaiting everybody at E3," Gosen told MCV. " Clearly we' ll use that to make a number of announcements.

" We place a huge amount of importance on R&D and innovation. We' re always working on new things. And you' ll continue to hear lots of things from us that we believe to be game-changing. But you' ll just have to wait for those to be officially announced by us."

Of course we' re hoping the " fantastic" surprises aren' t the ones that leaked all over the internet last month, including Forza 3, Microsoft' s answer to SingStar and those Xbox Miis.

Rumours pointing at an Xbox 360 take on the Wii Remote also won' t die, but Gosen' s quick to stamp those down a bit: " We know it is all about simplicity in the mass market. We can do that without a controller - we can do that with today' s controller," he said.

" For me, casual gaming is really a mindset rather than a genre. It' s got to be easy to play a difficult to master," Gosen added. " Games studios can design games that are appealing to everyone without getting to the lowest common denominator."

CVG

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
RE: Fantastic Suprises! - Jul 07, 2008 04:26
Could be usual corporate BS where everything little is projected as game-changing or may be not . I guess we will find out on the 14th .

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Fantastic Suprises! - Jul 07, 2008 05:57
SuperFuntime Pac-Man Mania anyone?
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII