Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PixelJunk Eden preview !!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
PixelJunk Eden preview !! - Jul 05, 2008 18:22
There is a preview of Pixel Junk Eden on the 1up show and the game looks really good . I had not seen this game before . I dont know from where SCEA gets ideas for weird games like these but this is nice .

There is also a preview for Too Human and shows why I am so excited about this game . Dyack should have done more of this i.e. show off the cool parts of the game.

1UP SHOW
< Message edited by 2pac -- 5 Jul 08 10:25:19 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: PixelJunk Eden preview !! - Jul 05, 2008 18:39
Dyack must have doubled his Ritalin dose for this interview.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: PixelJunk Eden preview !! - Jul 06, 2008 01:43

There is a preview of Pixel Junk Eden on the 1up show and the game looks really good . I had not seen this game before . I dont know from where SCEA gets ideas for weird games like these but this is nice .

I don' t know what' s so amazing by Pixeljunk Eden, it dosn' t look that fantastic. Alot of people wich plays it seems to end up liking it tough, so I' ll probably give it a try. It looks to have alot of style tough. :)
But I don' t believe for a second that it can end up beeing game of the show, as N' Gai in Newsweek claimed. :P

This isn' t a SCEA idea tough, what I heard the Pixejunkproject were; a couple of people in Q games, wich were brainstorming and then ended up deciding to make 4 2D games in a short amount of time with small teams, and sell them cheaply and accesible on the PSN...
Pixeljunk Racers, Monsters and now Eden. :) And in the future something else.
The most original small-game idea, I can come up with straight from SCEA on PS3 so far is Pain, wich were born on a marketing-division(!) meeting. :-/
That Escher-walking-dude-game and elephant-game on the rocket-game, looks cool and quirky, but those are SCEJ and SCEE-studio titles, I think.
But all in all, I' m pretty happy with the originality of the titles with various PSN-games. :)

There is also a preview for Too Human and shows why I am so excited about this game . Dyack should have done more of this i.e. show off the cool parts of the game.

It looks cool.. Like a futuristic Diablo-game. :)
The levelling system, and loot system.
As for the ingame-assets we saw, I wish they could have made it look like less of an Unreal-engine game.
I hope it gets good, and Microsoft bring it over to the PC. :)
< Message edited by kongrudi -- 5 Jul 08 17:45:01 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PixelJunk Eden preview !! - Jul 06, 2008 01:56

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Much better.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: PixelJunk Eden preview !! - Jul 06, 2008 02:13

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

I don' t know what' s so amazing by Pixeljunk Eden, it dosn' t look that fantastic. Alot of people wich plays it seems to end up liking it tough, so I' ll probably give it a try. It looks to have alot of style tough. :)
But I don' t believe for a second that it can end up beeing game of the show, as N' Gai in Newsweek claimed. :P

I am looking forward to it because it is so simple and looks fun . Arcade lacks titles like these . I am hoping that XNA will bring in similar games .
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: PixelJunk Eden preview !! - Jul 06, 2008 04:17
PixelJunk Eden looks cool... I like these sort of ambient, artistic games.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll