Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included)

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 05, 2008 03:12

Ah, and finally, the pre-E3 hype train picks up a little steam. Citing both Sarcastic Gamer and their own " sources" , CVG are claiming that a new Halo game will be unveiled at E3. This Halo game might be Peter Jackson' s game, it might not be, but either way, they say it won' t feature the Master Chief. Chew on that for a possibility while we dream of a point-and-click " Where In The World Is Master Chief?"

I love the idea, personally. A game based around ODST' s FTW!
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 4 Jul 08 19:12:40 >

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 05, 2008 03:50
Me too . I would love to play another halo game but not as MC .

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 05, 2008 04:35
Fuck you Bungie you theaving ****s!

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Alright, this could actually be quite interesting...

If you were in charge of the team developing Halo 4 - what would you change and how would the game play? If you wouldn' t change the formula as we know it, how would you have the story play out?

Personally, i think the series needs to be taken in a completely different direction. I would move the focus away from the Chief and onto a squad of " Helljumper" Orbital Drop Shock Troopers who' s mottoe is " Feet First Into Hell" ...

They' re regarded as the most effective fighting unit after the Spartans and partake in only the most dangerous missions. They consider themselves to be above the marines and there' s a rivalry between the ODST and Spartan commanders which could make for an interesting story - especially since most Spartans are dead or MIA.

They' ve been used to test experimental and modified weapons which i' d use to introduce several new additions to the arsenal, and since they work in small squads, i' d change the gameplay mechanics to something akin to Brothers in Arms or GRAW.

The ODST are featured in Neill Blomkamps ' Combat' trailers for Halo 3 - See Part 1 HERE and Part 2 HERE :)

I' d change the art direction, making the game more realistic and gritty, much like Blomkamps trailers and more like... uh... Killzone... actually... I think the Colonial Marines in james Cameron' s Aliens have great dynamics and screen presence. I' d be looking to impliment something similar with the ODST squad - distinct personalities and bad attitudes towards each other and the normal marines.

They' re a spec-ops unit so you could change the missions pace around quite a bit with huge fast moving firefights and slower stealth missions back to back.

The Chief would have to be involved somehow, but i wouldn' t have him as a playable character. I' d probably set the game up so your squad is sent to recover him from wherever...

...in fact, i probably wouldn' t call it Halo 4. It' d have to be a spin-off title of sorts set before and leading up to the events in Halo 4. It' d be a cool way to pick up a lot of the backstory to the series too. Shit... Microsoft should just hire me... my game would do 10 mil on day one easy!

LINK

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 05, 2008 06:02
Thanks for reposting that. I was thinking about that the other day when I posted the original SarcasticGamer link, and wondering where it got off to.

Edit: I' ve been poking around archived CVG pages, and while I don' t frequent, they don' t seem like they take any great leaps of faith with their rumors. All of their past rumors (Newton, the 40GB PS3, the Rare helmed Mii60 system) have been substantiated by other household name news-sources in gaming, which causes me to draw one of two conclusions.

They don' t post rumors until they' re positive they' re true.

or...

They jump on the bandwagon to boost credibility.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 4 Jul 08 22:29:21 >

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 05, 2008 07:47
If there is an announcement of a yet unannounced Halo game, you would have to lean more towards it being the Peter Jackson Halo game rather than it actually being Halo 4. Personally I would much rather see Halo 4 not developed by Bungie.

Let' s face it. Since Halo Combat Evolved the series has taken a dive. Halo 2 was unfinished, and with the exception of a fantastic multiplayer in Halo 3, in the end Halo 3 was not a good game. MS needs to look elsewhere for Halo 4, as the franchise is in serious need of a fresh start.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 03:33
What? Halo 3s multiplayer was a dumbed down peice of shit in the hopes of nerfing the BR
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 05:08
I don' t care. I' m far more interested in the movie, if that' s even happening.

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 06:25
So Halo' s MP stays at 1 since launch on Live because the MP isn' t good? Come on now, just because you may not like Halo 3' s MP doesn' t make it bad.

The implementation of a very easy to use, and superbly crafted file sharing mechanism alone make it one of the best if not the best MP experiences to date. Hey, I can' t stand playing Halo 3 online, but I still admire it for what it is and that is fantastic.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Agent Ghost
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 06:48

The implementation of a very easy to use, and superbly crafted file sharing mechanism alone make it one of the best if not the best MP experiences to date.

no

mastachefbkw
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 07:55

The implementation of a very easy to use, and superbly crafted file sharing mechanism alone make it one of the best if not the best MP experiences to date.
The fact that its so easy to use and user friendly is what ruined it. Theres really no room to improve your skills in Halo 3. Little kids that I would beat the hell out of on Halo 2 just run around grenade spamming me or using bitch weapons like the new BR, rocket, or vehicles.

immortaldanmx
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 15:04
AR start and BR nerfing have led to a game dominated by 10year olds who couldn' t hit shit in halo 2 or any other shooter for that matter.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 16:14
That is complete illogical nonsense... if little kids can dominate based on those factors then there' s nothing stopping you from being able to dominate based on those factors.

The truth is that most of you on this forum who berate Halo 3 are just blowing hot air out your asses. It' s a great game whether or not you can compete.

mastachefbkw
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 16:27
You really can' t deny the fact that they made it more user friendly. And yes it does make quite a difference. Even though myself and most of the people I play with(or anyone with a thought process) typically are better than the people who randomly pick up an AR and run around tossing grenades, the fact that they can still compete kinda takes some of the fun out of it. Either way its still a great game, but due to hype it gets more criticism.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 19:13

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

AR start and BR nerfing have led to a game dominated by 10year olds who couldn' t hit shit in halo 2 or any other shooter for that matter.

uhhhh no. Halo 3 takes way, way, way more skill than the craptastic Halo 2. And there actually is point to having other weapons besides the BR. It' s called weapon balance. Certain weapons are better for certain strategies and areas on the map. You' re just a typical Halo 2 kiddie nub that can' t play without extreme auto-aim and retarded sniper sweeping.

And Halo 3 was a great game for single player too. Maybe it didn' t live up to the hype for some people, but you have to admit that it' s better than 95% of the games out there.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

mastachefbkw
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 06, 2008 23:54

And there actually is point to having other weapons besides the BR. It' s called weapon balance. Certain weapons are better for certain strategies and areas on the map.
Teh AR and grenadez are teh most 1337est combo evar!!!!

immortaldanmx
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 07, 2008 10:48
Halo 1 was great, Halo 2 is mediocre, Halo 3 is garbage. Im not bashing Halo, Masterchef can attest to the level of my Halo fanboyism, but I cant stand the randomness of spawns and the SprayR in Halo 3. That being said HALO 3 had a great campaign.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 07, 2008 12:18

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

Halo 1 was great, Halo 2 is mediocre, Halo 3 is garbage. Im not bashing Halo, Masterchef can attest to the level of my Halo fanboyism, but I cant stand the randomness of spawns and the SprayR in Halo 3.

That being said HALO 3 had a great campaign.

Just because you can' t aim doesn' t mean good people can' t.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Agent Ghost
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 07, 2008 12:35

That is complete illogical nonsense... if little kids can dominate based on those factors then there' s nothing stopping you from being able to dominate based on those factors.

No it makes perfect logical sense. If skill makes little to no difference than skilled players lose their natural advantage. Thus the match becomes more of a coin toss.

Halo 3 online is garbage because the maps are too open. There' s no strategy to be had with the Halo multiplayer. Whoever has the best aim wins. Aim is only one skill, it shouldn' t be the only determining factor. The game has no classes, and no weapons to collect. It' s just dull.

The multiplayer is trash and the single player is alright, not great.

mastachefbkw
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 08, 2008 09:23

Just because you can' t aim doesn' t mean good people can' t.
Considering the time I' ve invested in the Halo series the last decade, I would have to kill myself to think that I couldn' t aim. I would probably consider obsessed with Halo, but that doesn' t mean I can' t point out its flaws, which apparently you cannot.
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 8 Jul 08 1:25:05 >

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 08, 2008 11:49
If I was making it, I' d set it in the past, somehow master cheif time warped to the dawn of the space age and ..ah... er ...is set about destorying the Halos and those evil bad guys before they attack earth, but unknownly to him some of that alien bad shit jumps into his time warp fieldy thing and bonds with his armor giving him a good/bad persona. The bad persona would allow all kinds of cool stuff, like flying and eating kittens, but only when you touch water does the good real master cheif come out.

The main enemy would some spanish townsfolk who oddly enough only attack with pitchforks even though they just invented the first hyper galatic space ship.

Also the game would havo no save points. And would be 5 hours long with an impossible end boss.

But the game ends up in some sort of time loop thing and Master cheif ends up creating the bad guys and he is infact the bad guy, and he kills himself but only to be replaced by time jumping master cheif.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 8 Jul 08 3:51:28 >
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

mastachefbkw
RE: Rumor: New halo game at E3(Master Chief not included) - Jul 08, 2008 13:43

But the game ends up in some sort of time loop thing and Master cheif ends up creating the bad guys and he is infact the bad guy, and he kills himself but only to be replaced by time jumping master cheif.
Kinda like an episode of Futurama where Fry travels to the past and continuously makes more of himself? Who would do that? *Somewhere in the bushes Bungie begins to write down ideas*