Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 15:26
Link

I was basically calling out people who had no way of assessing the game... All I wanted to point out to people is that this is so ridiculous... I went through all of this for two reasons.... If you' re going to look at the NeoGAF forum as a non-profit organization, if it does not reform itself, it' s eventually going to crumble. There' s going to be a point where they step over the line where someone' s going to shut them down. That would be a loss for everyone.... The question I have to ask the moderators of GAF: Are you going to follow your own rules? With people making GIFs of myself that are, I would say, attacking me.... Why haven' t 180 people been banned now? If I wanted to move in and shut that place down, do I have grounds under their own forum policy?
NeoGAF and other forums like this that don' t have good management are not only hurting society and hurting the videogame industry, they' re in decline, and they need to reform quickly before people stop listening to them... If the moderators and people who run the site think they aren' t doing any damage, they are sorely mistaken, and it' s only a matter of time before something bad happens.

So apparently this guy is just trying to butcher his game before it even releases?
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 17:19
NeoGAF is awesome, I love it when they start with giant-gif-threads, alot is extremely funny, like the anticipation for firmware 2.4-thread. :)

Not everyone gets to talk about their experiences on 1upShow, and we normal people goes to comunities like NeoGaf to talk to likeminded people.
If it really had been a issue for DD and he really dosn' t like how he is treated when he writes messages there, he can just stop talking there.
But I think this is just his way, on getting PR for his game cheaply. :)
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 18:56
NeoGAF has some of the most retarded threads i have ever seen .
The timing for this is wrong by DD . The game is coming out in a months time and the last thing he needs is idiots on forums going against him .
He is partially right though . Gaming forums are filled with idiots who spend their days criticizing games and game developers without any good reason and unfortunately these things do affect how a game sells .
Dreadknux

• Total Posts : 35
RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 19:00
Anyone would think Dyack hasn' t got a game to finish.
2pac

RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 19:15
He doesn' t . Its done . Its not like DD sits and does the optimizing himself .
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 19:57
I just finnished listening to the 1upshow where they had that lengthy discussion. :-/

It weren' t all doom and gloom how terrible the NeoGAF-users were, as is the impression you get from most places when you only read the short version, and he actually had alot of good points. :)

But I think he tramples in the salad when he speaks about trying to shut down NeoGAF, there are also plenty of places wich should be shut down long before NeoGAF aswell, if we suddenly are going to look after everyones feelings. :-)

I think that maybe alot of the video-games companies, should work with these new comunities, instead of just complain about them, and try to make a more positive impact, instead of negative.
I.e. like Insomniac do, they have John Stevensen in that role, wich comes on whenever something new about their games come up on the forums, and clarifies that.
2pac

RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 20:09

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

I think that maybe alot of the video-games companies, should work with these new comunities, instead of just complain about them, and try to make a more positive impact, instead of negative.
I.e. like Insomniac do, they have John Stevensen in that role, wich comes on whenever something new about their games come up on the forums, and clarifies that.

DD did that a lot on TeamXbox . Criticism is fine . Being a troll is not . Most people have no fucking idea about what TH is . They just bash it because everybody else does . Most fanboys just wait for something bad about an exclusive game to come out and they just declare war on that game without even knowing what the game is . Same happened with Liar . Liar got bad reviews and xbox fanboys went on an rampage even though i am sure most of them never played iy . As I said before GAF is filled with users who hate M$ for no reason including the Mods .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 4 Jul 08 14:23:51 >
Dreadknux

RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 21:49

ORIGINAL: 2pac

He doesn' t . Its done . Its not like DD sits and does the optimizing himself .

You misunderstand. I mean go back and really finish the game. If the mass reaction from playtests of your upcoming, decade-old game is one of mainly criticism, then the thing you don' t do is be ignorant, stick your head in the sand and tell trolls on a fansite that they' re wrong.

Hell if you' re wanting your game to be the best it can be, wouldn' t you want to make sure you took on board valid concerns that gamers and professionals are having? It' s only been in development 11 or so years, I' m sure a few months more won' t hurt.
2pac

RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 22:21
Thats the thing . The mass reactions from ' playtests' arent negative . Its the reactions from people who havent played it . Thankfully there are enough people out there who look at the game for what it is .
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 22:52
I offered to fix Too Human for him in the last thread by making some simple design changes, ...and even told him that he' d be welcome to come work for us if (God forbid) his company ever went under, ...but i' ve retracted that offer now.

Too Human may have been treated unfairly by Gaffers, but Dyack is acting like a complete fucking moron and doing neither himself, his collegues, Knight' s shareholders nor Microsoft any favours. He needs to learn to keep his mouth shut.

Too Human is not going to set the world alight. It never was. Dyack did what he always does and built the game up to be this sprawling epic, and at every turn where it' s become ever more clearer that it' s going to fall well short of gamer' s initial expectations, Dyack has been quick to blame everybody but himself. Right now he' s taking issue with the biggest and most influential gaming forum in existence. I may not agree with GAF' s extreme reaction, but you don' t bite the hand that feeds you, and you don' t EVER cross GAF, ...tragic as that cold hard fact may be.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 22:57

Liar got bad reviews and xbox fanboys went on an rampage even though i am sure most of them never played iy . As I said before GAF is filled with users who hate M$ for no reason including the Mods .

Lair is awful. It' s so bad it' s hard to believe that it wasn' t Factor 5' s first ever game. Even with the analog stick patch, it' s a pathetic shell of what it could have been.

GAF isn' t pro-Sony, and there' s nowhere near as much Microsoft hate as you appear to believe. I' ve been posting there for years and i' ve never formed that impression. Not even close.
2pac

RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 04, 2008 23:36

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Liar got bad reviews and xbox fanboys went on an rampage even though i am sure most of them never played iy . As I said before GAF is filled with users who hate M$ for no reason including the Mods .

Lair is awful. It' s so bad it' s hard to believe that it wasn' t Factor 5' s first ever game. Even with the analog stick patch, it' s a pathetic shell of what it could have been.

I wasnt saying that liar was a good game . I was saying that most people who dissed liar would not even have played it .

GAF isn' t pro-Sony, and there' s nowhere near as much Microsoft hate as you appear to believe. I' ve been posting there for years and i' ve never formed that impression. Not even close.

You are right i guess . The sheer number of posters there might have misled me . I should have also noted that in the earlier thread that Dyack created there were as many people voting " for" too human as there were against . But there are some obvious MS haters there and some of the mods are definitely anti M$ namely Jim and BuddyC .
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 05, 2008 02:01

other forums like this that don' t have good management are not only hurting society and hurting the videogame industry, they' re in decline,

So, I suppose posting something like

This ...and not getting banned for it really gets his knickers in a twist does it?

the moderators and people who run the site think they aren' t doing any damage, they are sorely mistaken, and it' s only a matter of time before something bad happens.

Oh please, it' s a fucking internet gaming forum. The very worst thing that could happen is that GAF would cease to exist, and you' d have a large number of displaced basement dwellers until they found a new place to post their shitty gifs.

I' m not buying his sob story.
Dreadknux

RE: Dyack VS NeoGAF: ROUND 2 - Jul 05, 2008 18:39
The thing is, Dyack makes it sound like if it wasn' t for the Internet, we wouldn' t have dissenting gamers being unruly and talking shit about various games. We wouldn' t have fanboys, trolls or any of that. He' s quite seriously deluded (and has probably never seen a playground during the early 1990s - although depending on his age that might be a good thing).

Fanboys and trolls existed well before the creation of NeoGAF, Internet Forums and chatrooms. If people aren' t talking shit about a game they don' t like online they' re doing it in the pub, at school or at work amongst their friends. What makes him think otherwise?

I' ve read numerous previews and while they' re not exactly ultra-negative, they don' t make Too Human to be quite the masterpiece he' s making it out to be. Having faith in your product is one thing, but the way he' s handling this whole thing with GAF (as much as I hate the place, save for the GIF funnies) is quite backwards.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll