GTA doesn' t kill people, MK does

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
GTA doesn' t kill people, MK does - Jul 03, 2008 11:04

WELD COUNTY - A teenager from Johnstown was given a suspended sentence in prison on Wednesday for her part in the death of her half-sister.
Advertisement
http://www.greeleystampede.org/

Seventeen-year-old Heather Trujillo was given an 18-year suspended sentence in the death of 7-year-old Zoe Garcia. However, she must spend six years in the youth offender program. If she does not violate the terms of her plea deal, she will not have to spend any time in prison.

Trujillo will be sent to a facility in Pueblo, where she will stay until her six-year sentence is complete.

Trujillo did not speak at Wednesday' s hearing, but spent most of the time crying.

Trujillo and her boyfriend, 17-year-old Lamar Roberts, told police they were acting out the video game " Mortal Kombat," when they kicked, karate chopped and body slammed the little girl in December 2007. Garcia later died of her injuries.

Both Trujillo and Roberts were charged with child abuse resulting in a death.

Heather Trujillo pleaded guilty in the death of Garcia in May and agreed to testify against Roberts.

Trujillo' s mother asked the judge to be lenient.

" I already lost one daughter," said Dana Trujillo. " She made a huge mistake and she paid a huge price. My family hasn' t had a chance to grieve for Zoe because of all this. We haven' t been together, haven' t got any time to express how this has affected us."

In court on Wednesday, the prosecutor asked for the maximum sentence because of the brutality of the crime and because Trujillo could have stopped it.

" This case is about one thing: two of the people that Zoe Garcia trusted, that Zoe Garcia' s mom trusted, to take care of her took advantage of that trust," said Robb Miller, the chief deputy district attorney.

Trujillo' s own attorney asked for a lighter sentence of 12 years.

" I' ve spent a lot of time with Heather," said Trujillo' s attorney, Jerry Manzer. " She didn' t want this for Zoe."

" I know it' s hard for someone to understand how much Heather loves her sister, but she does, and she grieves too," said Manzer.

Roberts is scheduled in court for a preliminary hearing on July 10.
(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Right Reserved)

A 16 year old and a 17 year old literally beat a 7 year old child literally beat a child to death and all they get is 6 years in a youth program and 18 years suspended sentence. The great American justice system.

" FATALITY!" (ewww. That was bad, even for me)

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: GTA doesn' t kill people, MK does - Jul 03, 2008 15:16
I read about that story some time ago, its horrible. i cant see how you could beat a little girl to death without wanting to. none of them should ever see the light of day.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: GTA doesn' t kill people, MK does - Jul 03, 2008 15:27
I think it' s even worse that they are trying to blame some horrid 16-bit game that should be forgotten as quickly as possible instead of taking responsibility for their own actions. If you' re going to blame a game, at least blame a good game. The only person Mortal Kombat would make me want to kill is either myself to stop my misery, or the programmers and designers for making it in the first place.

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
RE: GTA doesn' t kill people, MK does - Jul 03, 2008 19:35
Our justice system amazes me. I' m still trying to figure out the difference between " murder" and " voluntary manslaughter"

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: GTA doesn' t kill people, MK does - Jul 04, 2008 02:55
I don' t think its on the link I posted, but on one of the other links I found, it said that the guy cracked an egg in the girls mouth to see if she was faking. He just beat the living shit out of her, broke her wrists and slung her across the room and he though she was faking it. I think I' ll do the American thing and blame the school system.