LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 29, 2008 09:00
Gearbox! Whooda thunk, right?

DC R1D3R, 28/06/2008 - Whilst conducting a recent interview, two senior Treyarch developers (who are currently working on COD: World At War), completely laid into rival development team Gearbox, creators of upcoming WWII shooter, Brothers In Arms: Hell' s Highway. When asked whether they thought Hell' s Highway offered any competition to the team, one senior developer blasted " We don' t even think about them. Like... that' s not the kind of game. They are not a game we even think about when we' re playing. The developer also went on to say " I watched the trailer and I was like these guys are not even in the same league."

He should be glad they didn' t release his name...

Icarus75
  • Total Posts : 42
  • Reward points : 0
RE: LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 29, 2008 10:07

He should be glad they didn' t release his name...

Damn straight, that studio shouldn' t be making comments like that. They lost one sale right there, I won' t buy their game. Arrogance like that is so nauseating, that' s SONY 2005 level of arrogance.

And exactly what league does Call Of Duty 3 fall into? Bush League?

I finally get to be a Canadian in a WWII game (we did take one of five Normandy Beachheads) and can' t be bothered to finish it. Terrible shooter.

Last game out of Gearbox? At least AAA ball there, maybe the majors.

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
RE: LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 29, 2008 12:40
I guess somebody should remind this guy why most of us only buy/enjoy the even numbered COD games .

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 29, 2008 12:46
It' s was the producer - Noah Heller.

It' s from THIS video and the guy is a complete fucking moron.

Fortunately he doesn' t have anything to do with the actual development team, ...he works for Activision proper.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 29, 2008 12:49
So only the most successful should be allowed to talk shit. I think I' m going to call this one the Emofag complex.

KongRudi
  • Total Posts : 220
  • Reward points : 8255
RE: LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 29, 2008 16:53

Fortunately he doesn' t have anything to do with the actual development team, ...he works for Activision proper.

I think he sounded pretty OK!
It' s good that them have faith in themselves.

Sure, it seemed abit harsh on GearBox, in the start, especially if you take it out of context. But I really liked the last line he had when he left the room: ' You' ll be back in a month or two? you tell us if we' re hitting the bar!'

2pac
  • Total Posts : 1032
  • Reward points : 6490
RE: LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 29, 2008 17:21

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

I think he sounded pretty OK!
It' s good that them have faith in themselves.

Sure, it seemed abit harsh on GearBox, in the start, especially if you take it out of context. But I really liked the last line he had when he left the room: ' You' ll be back in a month or two? you tell us if we' re hitting the bar!'

How is it ok ? You can have faith in yourself without downplaying others . And you if you insist on downplaying something , wisely choose it . He actually said that he wouldnt want his game to be compared to ' other crappy WW shooters' . Thats arrogance plain and simple . It doesn' t matter how COD5 turns out to be , this guy is an idiot . Free radical ripped on Halo and Half life when they were working on Haze . They sure got a lesson or two in humility .

KongRudi
  • Total Posts : 220
  • Reward points : 8255
RE: LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 29, 2008 18:02
The journalist tried to make him talk about ' the other' WW2-game, and he felt about ' their' take on it.
Yeah, he is downplaying the competition, and mentions that he want his own game among the ones he (and most others) concider the best shooters.. :-/

The irony is that he' s also doing a very good PR-job, GearBox would probably have hired him immediatly, if he got fired.
Had you bothered to watch the interview if he didn' t say what he did? :P

The rest of the stuff sounded pretty ok, worst case scenario, that' s 5 seconds with bad impression, and 19 minutes with good impressions.
Now all they need to do, is make a better game than MoH.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
RE: LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 30, 2008 04:18
He has the luxury of knowing that a lot of idiots are gonna buy this game based on its name alone.

As I recall, Infinity Ward internally has Modern Warfare named as Call of Duty 3. That' s gotta sting.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 29 Jun 08 20:19:10 >

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: LOL! Guess who isn' t in the same league as Treyarch?! - Jun 30, 2008 06:40
I think thats becuase IW wanted cod4 to be called cod3.. and activison said ok, we wont make the next cod a numbered title, but you all know what happened.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!