New Halo novel this fall

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: New Halo novel this fall - Jun 25, 2008 09:44
It' s times like these when I am very thankful that I cannot read.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: New Halo novel this fall - Jun 25, 2008 13:26
Yeah Eric Nylund' s books were damn good. Joseph Staten' s was good too though. I' ll give this guy a chance though.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
RE: New Halo novel this fall - Jun 26, 2008 03:29

Chapter 8 - Another Battle

Private Kendricks eyed the hulking Master Chief, his battle-worn Mjolnir armor glinting in the failing afternoon sunlight. He couldn' t believe he was sitting in this legendary super-soldier-marine-warrior' s presence, in the calm before the plasma-storm.

" Chief," said Kendricks, at first timidly, but then with growing confidence. " Your Mjolnir-brand armor is frickin' awesome, but... d-doesn' t it get kinda, well... ' goopy' in there?"

The Chief' s head turned slowly toward Kendricks, and he was suddenly confronted with his own distorted reflection. " You don' t know the half of it, kid." The Chief made a subtle movement and, with a vicious hiss, two small valves on his shins opened up and suddenly highly-pressurized jets of murky, fetid liquid discharged across the sunscorched savannah. Kendricks nearly puked.

Suddenly, the Sarge shouted, " Looks like the Covenant wants to tussle with some Space Marine muscle!" and things started exploding everywhere. Kendricks was killed instantly. The Chief sprang into action.

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: New Halo novel this fall - Jun 26, 2008 06:27
lmao
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."