Cliffy B Addresses Gears 1 MP Annoyances

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
Cliffy B Addresses Gears 1 MP Annoyances - Jun 21, 2008 23:33

People loved it but they didn' t like the host advantage [in Gears 1 multiplayer]. They got tired of the shotgun inconsistencies. We' re fixing all of that. They didn' t like the randomness of the chainsaw, so we put the chainsaw duel in — may the best man win! A lot of players wanted respawning, but we added in some modes for downloadable content on Gears 1 that added respawning, but even then it was a 15-second cue. So we have game modes now, like Guardian, where players cycle in and out a lot more often. And Wingman, which is kind of like our version of Last Man Standing Free-for-All, where you have five teams of two each. So it' s you and a buddy versus the world, which feels really good. We' ve added a lot more depth to the multiplayer.

Well that is good news. Now that only leaves the shotty chainsaw glitch and crabwalking to get rid of now.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Cliffy B Addresses Gears 1 MP Annoyances - Jun 22, 2008 03:45

Well that is good news. Now that only leaves the shotty chainsaw glitch and crabwalking to get rid of now.
I' m sure if they' re fixing the other problems they' ll fix these too.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Cliffy B Addresses Gears 1 MP Annoyances - Jun 23, 2008 01:27
They should fix the single player. The first few levels of GoW were amusing but when the wow factor wore off I pretty much never touched SP again.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Cliffy B Addresses Gears 1 MP Annoyances - Jun 23, 2008 01:49

They should fix the single player. The first few levels of GoW were amusing but when the wow factor wore off I pretty much never touched SP again.
Yeah. It sort of went down hill at the part where you get the crappy car thing.