Heavenly Sword 2 Possibley Canned?

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
Heavenly Sword 2 Possibley Canned? - Jun 18, 2008 01:07

Chalk this up as pure rumor for now.

An inside UK source tells us that Heavenly Sword 2 has been canned by Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe. The game was axed after months in development because it is no longer seen as commercially viable, our source tells us.

The news came during an emergency meeting set up for the Sony Cambridge team which was working on the game.

On a side note, Ninja Theory, who have already said they weren' t working on the sequel to their Playstation 3 exclusive, have grown increasingly bitter about their treatment at Sony' s hands, our source tells us. I' m told that the development studio, which once had offices in the same building as Sony Cambridge, have started packing up to move to a new location.

I guess when they said they wanted to move away from Sony and get into multi-platform development they weren' t kidding.

If true, this marks the third major project, counting Eight Days and Getaway 3, that has been canned by SCEE. Is the Europe arm of Sony in trouble? No clue, but we' ve asked for comment.

LINK

I haven' t played the first installment, so somebody needs to tell me if this is a big deal or not.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Heavenly Sword 2 Possibley Canned? - Jun 18, 2008 01:09
It' s not. NG2 is better and EVEN DMC4 is better. HS was just a small stopgap to keep the people occupied till God of War 3 gets released.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Heavenly Sword 2 Possibley Canned? - Jun 18, 2008 01:21
Nevermind the haters, Heavely sword was good game, the presentation was next gen, the gameplay wasnt that bad and it had beautiful graphics.. I would like a sequal but aparently Ninja Theory are on bad terms with Sony now.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: Heavenly Sword 2 Possibley Canned? - Jun 18, 2008 01:57

Nevermind the haters, Heavely sword was good game, the presentation was next gen, the gameplay wasnt that bad and it had beautiful graphics.. I would like a sequal but aparently Ninja Theory are on bad terms with Sony now.

Same here I loved this game.

By the way this is just a rumor and nothing more .

I bought the game a few days ago. Beat it awhile back and decided to buy it this is one hell of a game.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 17 Jun 08 18:06:53 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Heavenly Sword 2 Possibley Canned? - Jun 18, 2008 04:33
The gameplay was weak and the main character blowed but the cutscenes, voice work and environments were amazing.

I would have liked a sequel... but i' d also rather have played as Kai...