Spore Creature Creator Demo

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
Spore Creature Creator Demo - Jun 17, 2008 09:10
The demo that EA/Maxis are planning to put out was leaked recently, but its ok cos its coming either tomorrow or Wednesday anyway. Its out there for people to get early however.

I was just playing with it today, thought I' d post a few screens.

Its very easy to come up with unique creatures, and there are plenty of options to choose from. I' m looking forward to browsing some of the creatures online when the demo comes out proper, and its pretty cool that those creatures might populate the random worlds in the full game.

I can get sick of the cute colourful world after a while, I certainly wasn' t a big fan of Viva Pinata. And tbh the initial game is ripped off Flow. Also I never did like the Sims games - all 1 million of them.

I' ve yet to make my mind up about Spore, imo its an interesting idea, which just happens to be aimed at someone else.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Spore Creature Creator Demo - Jun 17, 2008 12:13
Yeah I got it yesterday. I' ll be heading to EB games to pick up the full version for 10$. In the UK you can get it for putting down a pre-order on Spore.

One thing I like about it is the fact that if you play in windowed mode the mouse isn' t trapped in the window. So you can play while doing other things, which is good because Spore isn' t exactely a game that needs our undivided attention.

Supports Mac (intel CPUs only).

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Spore Creature Creator Demo - Jun 17, 2008 22:35
I cannot wait for this game, and I will be downloading the creature creator as soon as it becomes available. Will post screens of my creation as soon as I can as well.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Spore Creature Creator Demo - Jun 18, 2008 03:49
i think i may get this, but like simcity, i love it, but I will never ever finish it.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Spore Creature Creator Demo - Jun 19, 2008 23:05
I was playing around with this last night, and it is fantastic. Even in just the free demo there are just so many different options you will have in creating your own unique character.

From being able to customize the size and shape of every body part, to customizing the color of your creature, it is superb. If you want your creature to have 3 heads, go ahead. 6 legs, go ahead. A horn on his ass, crotch, and head................................................juz go ahead.

I know that not everyone is excited about this game, but at the very least everyone needs to try the free creature creator as I am pretty sure it may convince a few of you to purchase this game.

I don' t have a capture card yet, so the best I can do is provide a link to my postcard of my creature for you guys. It is not the best quality, but until I get a card or if anyone has any suggestions this will have to do.

PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

PIC 4

< Message edited by canadagamer -- 19 Jun 08 15:14:26 >
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Spore Creature Creator Demo - Jun 20, 2008 02:41
There' s a huge difference between the trail and the full CC.