Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS]

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 00:07
If nothing else, I' m glad they' re not calling it Call of Duty 5.

The subs issue of this month’s gamesTM has revealed a wealth of information on the now-announced Call of Duty: World at War, the final name for Treyarch’s Call of Duty 5.

From VG247 reader evilashchris, reading from the UK mag: “Right, apparently it’s going to be grittier, as gritty as ANY game out there to quote. The enemy will be scarier and use new tactics.

“There will be co-op for the first time in a Call of Duty. Also there will be vehicles and squad-based elements to the multiplayer. Formats: PC, PS3, 360 and Wii. The Wii version is being worked on by a separate team within Treyarch. [The mag] reckons it’ll be a much closer comparison between the next-gen and Wii versions than any other Wii game on the market.

“Jeez, they have the CoD4 engine running on the Wii apparently. They are using [the CoD4 engine] for all the next-gen ones too. The Wii Zapper will be supported.

“Also, this is how gritty it is: ‘The opening scene of the first level we are shown is a Japanese commander stubbing a cigarette out in the eye of a prisoner before slitting his throat - the blood splatters and dribbles down the side of the tent you are being held in. He turns towards you to deal out the same treatment but help arrives just in time. Cue a daring level-long escape.’”

As is now known, the game will be set in the Pacific theatre of World War II.

I shouldn' t be excited about this, but I can' t help but look forward to it a bit now.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 9 Jun 08 16:14:27 >

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 03:26
It' s going to be badass.

...though not as badass as Bad Company. Buy that first.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 04:50
Bad Company is EA garbage

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 05:38

...though not as badass as Bad Company. Buy that first.

Okay, now while I may not have a lot of money, I think I' ll be able to afford two games between now and November!

(I' ve decided by the way, I' m putting some other financial stuff [namely, guitar tune-ups] on hold in lieu of Bad Company.)

Bad Company is EA garbage

Oi![:' (]

Have you played it yet?

Vx Chemical
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 06:24

Have you played it yet?

just the beta, i think ill buy it if i get the job i got an interview for on wendesday, otherwise i cant afford it
i could use 2000$ more a month.

Ornodeal
  • Total Posts : 645
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 06:56
so from the pictures you' ll be able to use a flamesthrower? Excellent. With this game set in the pacific war (maybe burma too?) cue lots of waves suicide attacks at certain points in the game.

Wonder if they' ll implement multiplayer similar to cod4? obviously you won' t get helicopter support, but you could get airstrikes and mortars.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 06:58
USD or Krone?

Vx Chemical
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 07:13
USD, it would be around 12000kr from 26.000 to 38.000

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 07:14
You damned Europeans and your usage of periods instead of commas!

Ornodeal
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 07:34
its just continental europe who use . UK is normal and uses ,

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 08:30
Most US folks see Europeans as Spaniards, German and the Nordic states, not you all. We' re more likely to address you as people from the UK. It' s weird that way.

Besides, if I need to get the attention of the ones that matter, I' ll just call ' em paddies or micks, ' cause I can get away with that (It' s actually " mick-a" , with an " a" . That makes it a term of endearment.).

locopuyo
  • Total Posts : 3138
  • Reward points : 41070
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 10:38

ORIGINAL: Ornodeal

so from the pictures you' ll be able to use a flamesthrower? Excellent. With this game set in the pacific war (maybe burma too?) cue lots of waves suicide attacks at certain points in the game.

Wonder if they' ll implement multiplayer similar to cod4? obviously you won' t get helicopter support, but you could get airstrikes and mortars.

On G4 TV they said you' ll be able to burn down buildings in real time. Also, the co-op is 4 player.

I' m a bit excited for this. I' m not expecting it to be as good as COD4, but I expect it to be a worthy purchase.
"If you knew how good I am you would think I'm modest."

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 11:13

Most US folks see Europeans as Spaniards, German and the Nordic states, not you all. We' re more likely to address you as people from the UK. It' s weird that way.
Most Americans also tend to call Europe a country.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 13:22
" Call of Duty: World at War will utilise the Call of Duty 4 engine but the developer has also added various enhancments, such as the ability the burn down buildings and foliage. The game takes place primarily in the pacific, with the US forces fighting Imperial Japan. Frank Kearsy, military advisor and Gulf War Veteran, has made sure that the way the Japanse fight is both tenacious and shocking.

You’ll also be fighting as the Russians, who are invading Germany. With the Nazi forces on the back foot they will start fighting even more ferociously in an attempt to defend their strongholds such as in Berlin. There is also a new party system that will allow the leader to issue commands to his troops in single player.

Mutliplayer perks are also back, including some of the favorites from Call of Duty 4, but there will also be new ones that better suit the time period. The game also features new weapons for the series, such as the flamethrower, which according to OXM, can melt the skin off of your enemies and set ablaze grass and wooden buildings. You are also able to shoot throw materials depending on the strength of the material."
Updates:
The Article States The Following

" And this time they have specific teams working on all the different versions, with the Xbox 360 version acting as the lead."

Ornodeal
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 16:24
thanks Eddie for the information, it saves me going and hunting for it.

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 10, 2008 18:15
ha ha Wii zapper....that' s funny.

Seriously though could this be the first decent game for the Wii? I mean will they actually be able to pull this off by getting the CoD4 engine to work on the Wii?

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Call of Duty: World at War - [PICS] - Jun 11, 2008 10:40

The game takes place primarily in the pacific, with the US forces fighting Imperial Japan.

If i can play as a Japanese instead of an American then im sold!

Seriously though, this seems to be a lot better than i expected.