Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MGS4 this Thursday?
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 81 to 100 of 119
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 04:22

I just want to say for those who are playing big boss difficulty. Wait till you be llike in half of act 4 and beyond. The game gets really hard. You might have some regrets when you reach that part and keep dying constantly. You also might end up restarting a new game on a easier difficulty.

You continue to doubt my power. I am so good at this game its crazy . Cant wait for the Hardest setting you get at the end of the game.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 05:10
Whats the point in gaming anymore?

all other games are lame compared to this...
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 06:01

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

I just want to say for those who are playing big boss difficulty. Wait till you be llike in half of act 4 and beyond. The game gets really hard. You might have some regrets when you reach that part and keep dying constantly. You also might end up restarting a new game on a easier difficulty.

You continue to doubt my power. I am so good at this game its crazy . Cant wait for the Hardest setting you get at the end of the game.

How far are you now? I guess I misjudged you on your skills at metal gear solid games. So yeah is the hard mode of MGS 4 harder than path of a warior in ninja gaiden II?
mikayd2

RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 07:18

How far are you now? I guess I misjudged you on your skills at metal gear solid games. So yeah is the hard mode of MGS 4 harder than path of a warior in ninja gaiden II?

To Its a lot harder than gaiden. (Spoiler High Light) I' m on act 3 where you half to follow some dude around to get to big moma. This is the only part I having trouble with. There enemys every where.

So true whats the point.
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 14 Jun 08 23:18:49 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 07:21
You two idiots do realise that you don' t have to fight them don' t you?
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 07:37

Don' t tell me you already finish the game. And you were playing it on solid normal too. I was struggling thorughout the game on naked normal you know. You must be good at games. and where did you find all the time to finish it? Don' t you work at gamestop? So yeah I' m going to try to play it now on big boss hard. I doubt I will get far in the game. I like act 3 alot. I found the game short.

I guess you could say I am good at games, though it depends on the genre. I suck at FPS, but have always been really good with Third Person/ Action Adventure games. Stealth games are also some of my favorites and I have always had a good run with MGS. I' ve beaten all other 3 on Extreme (European Extreme for Substance and Subsistence) so I had enough practice to tackle Solid Normal and I think I' ve got enough for the other two difficulties.

As far as time, is not like I work all day you know?
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 09:32

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Uh... I just came in here to agree with this post.
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 09:54
so yeah What do you guys think about having another metal gear solid game. I know kojima gave a conclusion to the story. Do you think they should remake the metal gear games that came out on the nes? I really think they should.
Yeah I' m playing on big boss hard and you can easily get spotted. I was able to make it to the part where you get the drum can. I die so many times.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 10:05

All other games aren' t stealth action games ..
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 10:24

so yeah What do you guys think about having another metal gear solid game. I know kojima gave a conclusion to the story. Do you think they should remake the metal gear games that came out on the nes? I really think they should.
Yeah I' m playing on big boss hard and you can easily get spotted. I was able to make it to the part where you get the drum can. I die so many times.
Didn' t Kojima say he wasn' t going to be part of another MGS game? If thats the case then I hope this is the last game. (Spoiler highlight) I think its obvious that there won' t be another game with snake in it considering what happened at the end.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 11:08
I read something recently where Kojima said that he would like to work on one more Metal Gear game, but this is the end of the road for Snake.
mikayd2

RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 11:35

You two idiots do realise that you don' t have to fight them don' t you?

That' s not my style I like to leave bodies where ever I go. I going to do it all stealth on the next run.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 11:51

That' s not my style I like to leave bodies where ever I go. I going to do it all stealth on the next run.
That sounds more like it. " Hide and go seek" isn' t my style either.
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 12:47
How much do you think was the budget for MGS 4? This must be a very expensive game to make. Shenmue was the most expensive video game until grand theft auto 4 came out.
grand theft auto 4= 100 millions
shenmue 1 + 2 = 70 millions
gears of war=10 millions.

I got those numbers from a shenmue fan site. A member posted them.
Nitro

RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 22:37
I' m on my second playthrough - taking pictures using the ingame camera that i missed first time around. The game is all kinds of badass...

...however, act' s 2 and 3 are the weakest, with 3 having very minimal gameplay. 4 and 5 are total fanservice and Kojima seriously overshoots on the ending, ....far more so than Peter Jackson did with King.

Aspects of the plotline have obviously been retroactively revised - which is fine for the most part, but because some of the voice acting and dialogue is washy and so much of the game is made up of cutscenes, ...it really doesn' t help. Drebin is the best non-Snake character in the game.

Act 3 is lame. The chase sequence is fine - it looks amazing, and the cutscene and the end of the act is cool, but for the most part the gameplay is really weak.

The cutscenes are stellar, and as Agent said, the production values are out of this world... but Kojima has this habbit of pulling you out of the immersion generated by these fuck awesome scenes by including some stupid emotive explanation...

The gameplay is spot on though and the game has very high replay value. If you had been wondering why the Beauties are so easy to kill once they' ve shed their armour... just run away from them until the timer (which isn' t shown) runs out and it' ll go into VR-like mode where if you equip the camera the girls will pose for you. It' s funky shit!

When you guys have completed the game, take some pictures with the camera and move them over to you PC and post them in the other thread.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 23:49

All other games aren' t stealth action games ..

No, no it' s a Tactical Espionage Action game
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 15, 2008 23:58
I agree with Nitro, act 3 had the worst gameplay.. the whole sneaking thing in the city with that crazy bloom effect was too long and boring... but lol did you guys spot that robot thing in the trenchcoat following you?? lol.
Nitro

RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 16, 2008 00:07

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

did you guys spot that robot thing in the trenchcoat following you?? lol.

What?

I' ll have to check that out at some point for sheer comedy value.

The game is amazing, but if you' ve ever had any complaints about previous MGS game then you' ll still find something to complain about here.

As far as i' m concerned this is as good as MGS1, and the amount of stuff you can do/collect/mess about with is insane.
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 16, 2008 01:03
I thought act 3 was the best one. It' s my favorite. I love that sneaking from behind that guy. Is true what you said it was kind of long the sneaking. and there wasn' t much gameplay. I thought the game was short too. There was alot of story telling but they should of put more gameplay mission.
mikayd2

RE: MGS4 this Thursday? - Jun 16, 2008 07:45

I agree with Nitro, act 3 had the worst gameplay.. the whole sneaking thing in the city with that crazy bloom effect was too long and boring...

Yeah I seen that robot that was pretty cool.

I hated chaseing after that dude the wrost part of the game hands down.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 81 to 100 of 119

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message