Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo!

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 41 to 80 of 81
Abasoufiane
  • Total Posts : 2127
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 08:19

Ok, so we' ve established that the " terrible" camera isn;t actually " terrible" at all. that' s fine, ...now we can disregard it.

1) Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma is at this point, as far as many action game fans are concerned - the best action game ever. It' s not hard to comprehend what he' s saying. The sequel to the best action game ever will be the new best action game ever. It looks and plays like Ninja Gaiden but it' s bigger, better, flashier and more brutal. I' ll let you know when i' ve played it whether it' s the best action game ever, but i doubt i' ll be disappointed.

2) Sigma is what Sigma is. It' s an updated port of Itagaki' s original Xbox title. It' s as kickass as the original because it is essentially the same game. Itagaki saying that II wil be better than Sigma is Itagaki saying it will be the best Ninja Gaiden game ever developed. Japanese - English/whatever translations often lose a lot of their meaning... so i highly doubt he was actually being offensive. If he was, maybe he simply didn' t agree with the PS3 port. That' d be understandable. If Tecmo was pushing for a PS3 port and Itagaki said he didn' t want to have anything to do with it... when it came to promoting his own direct sequel, you wouln' t expect him to praise it.

3) It' s a culture thing. If you haven' t been to Japan you probably wouldn' t understand.

4) NGII looks better than Sigma. I have Sigma, i bought it the day it came out - so i would know. It' s not massively different but the particle effects, number of enemies on screen, textures, lighting and enemy character models are all better to some degree or another. Again, i won' t be able to say what' s different until i' ve actually played the game for myself and seen it first hand on my TV but i suspect that without a complete engine overhaul this is as good as it gets. It looks as good as DMC4, just stylistically different. I don' t see the problem. It runs at 60fps too.

1) are you serious ? are you saying that ninja gaiden black is better than God of war 1/2 ? for god' s sake , the game is on ps2 and it walks all over it, graphics, sound, presentation, control, almost everything is better if not much better ...

3) a cultural thing ? since when ? it seems that japanese developers didn' t get their head out of their dicks yet, if they want to make the medium more respectful, they should stop aiming for horny kids , because that horny kid will still buy the game anyway even if you don' t put an out of place and time whore in the game.
What the fuck is a dominatrice doing in ninja gaiden world ? seriously don' t you feel insulted? hey i put a big ass boobie in our game , come come buy it! i know you haven' t seen a half naked woman since your birth, come dear son and buy my game, bless you!

it' s stupid and cruel lack of maturity, i feel insulted when i see this stuff. i know that big pushers behind that crap are the marketing stuff, but he' s the director and he should give respect to his creations. thank god westerners take video games more seriously and now they are focusing more on writing and striking characters.

4) are you a lawyer? now that' s a good way to put it , " It looks as good as DMC4, just stylistically different." different ? as uglier ? from what i' ve seen , it looks a lot like an xbox 1.5 game, except in some levels, i own dmc 4 and it destroys it. i' m not the only one who says that? all reviews agreed to the same thing , ninja gaiden is an average looking game, devil my cry is a great looking game, it' s not a fact and you can deny that, but the majority of people think the same thing, Ninja gaiden 2 was looking average from the first video we' ve seen !!

anyway, even DOA 4 is an average fighting game... a legendary developer they said?
Listen to the wise

the_shadowwolf
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 17635
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 08:50

quote:

I am a big fan of his DOA games.

I wouldn' t doubt it.

So true!

*wack* C==8 *wack*

But i do agree that he is not as innocent as he portraits himself. I don' t care much for him and do believe something is missing. We' ll have to wait and hear the other end of the story.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 09:40

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

1) are you serious ? are you saying that ninja gaiden black is better than God of war 1/2 ? for god' s sake , the game is on ps2 and it walks all over it, graphics, sound, presentation, control, almost everything is better if not much better ...

3) a cultural thing ? since when ? it seems that japanese developers didn' t get their head out of their dicks yet, if they want to make the medium more respectful, they should stop aiming for horny kids , because that horny kid will still buy the game anyway even if you don' t put an out of place and time whore in the game.
What the *** is a dominatrice doing in ninja gaiden world ? seriously don' t you feel insulted? hey i put a big ass boobie in our game , come come buy it! i know you haven' t seen a half naked woman since your birth, come dear son and buy my game, bless you!

it' s stupid and cruel lack of maturity, i feel insulted when i see this stuff. i know that big pushers behind that crap are the marketing stuff, but he' s the director and he should give respect to his creations. thank god westerners take video games more seriously and now they are focusing more on writing and striking characters.

4) are you a lawyer? now that' s a good way to put it , " It looks as good as DMC4, just stylistically different." different ? as uglier ? from what i' ve seen , it looks a lot like an xbox 1.5 game, except in some levels, i own dmc 4 and it destroys it. i' m not the only one who says that? all reviews agreed to the same thing , ninja gaiden is an average looking game, devil my cry is a great looking game, it' s not a fact and you can deny that, but the majority of people think the same thing, Ninja gaiden 2 was looking average from the first video we' ve seen !!

anyway, even DOA 4 is an average fighting game... a legendary developer they said?

1) Yes in terms of gamplay / No in terms of presentation

When asked how he felt about Ninja Gaiden - Cory Barlog (the guy who directed God of War II had this to say in a Q&A on his personal blog...

Gaiden is a good game...though much to hardcore for my blood. I like to enjoy a play experience, not get my ass handed to me by it. I don’t have enough time in my day to master any one game...I just want to get in and play it. Enjoy it, maybe see what they are doing iwth it and take it apart to see how they did something. So Gaiden to me always feels like work. Painful work. Like when I worked at a Mcdonald’s for a week. I hated that...but I dont hate Gaiden. I just wish there was a SUPER easy mode.

The mechanics are solid and the control is smooth and responsive. They know their stuff over there. The Gaiden games are extremely well made. I also love that they change out the enemies and numbers of spawns when they ramp up difficulty. I wished we had done that with the GOW games.

http://corybarlog.blogspot.com/

God of War is made to be accessible, Ninja Gaiden is made to be hardcore. The combat system in Ninja Gaiden is fantastic. The combat system is God of War is weak. God of War is just as much fun to play, but it doesn' t require skill.

2) Oh... you' re conceding 2...

3) You' re being ignorant.

It' s nothing to do with publishers trying to get young males to buy their games. It' s a cultural phenomenon that is present in every facet of Japanese entertainment media. From manga and anime which are read and watched respectively by young and old alike, through photobooks, music, film and videogames.

The legal age of consent in Japan is 13. You can buy photobooks containing pictures of children wearing lingere right on the highstreet mixed in with the newspapers and comics. It' s normal in Japan. You and i might find it seedy, but it' s their culture and it' s not our pace to comment on such things.

It' s certainly not the way you seem to think.

4) Devil May Cry 4 is a great looking game, and i just played Ninja Gaiden II and that too is a great looking game. I' d go as far as to say that Ninja Gaiden II' s enemy character models are better looking than those in Devil May Cry 4. Not that it makes much difference... you' re Xbox 1.5 comment was enough to assure me you need your eyesight testing.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 10:18
DOA sucks, NG sucks. Don' t care.

Tecmo as a whole sucks. The only tecmo game I liked was dark delusions on PS1, for like 20 minutes then it was boring.
< Message edited by emofag -- 4 Jun 08 2:23:06 >

Shin_Ishikawa
  • Total Posts : 144
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 10:58

ORIGINAL: emofag

DOA sucks, NG sucks. Don' t care.

Tecmo as a whole sucks. The only tecmo game I liked was dark delusions on PS1, for like 20 minutes then it was boring.

Have you play ninja gaiden from start to finish? I really think ninja gaiden is a great game. in fact it has become my favorite action game. I like it more than devil may cry. After I played devil may cry 4 I lost my interest in the series.
Not that is a bad game but I din' t like the story.

and for DOA the DOA series has really improve alot in it' s gameplay department and presentation. The gameplay is more deeper. So what is it that you don' t like about both DOA and ninja gaiden, Have you actually invested some time on both series to come to a conclusion that they both are bad?

emofag
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 11:57
Yes.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 12:27

After I played devil may cry 4 I lost my interest in the series.
DMC4s story kicked ass. The only thing I didn' t like about it was there was too much Nero and not enough Dante.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 12:40

Itagaki wouldn' t ruin Shinobi/Kunoichi. If anything, he would take it to the next level, gameplay wise at least.

Graphics-wise also ..
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 14:47

What the *** is a dominatrice doing in ninja gaiden world ? seriously don' t you feel insulted? hey i put a big ass boobie in our game , come come buy it! i know you haven' t seen a half naked woman since your birth, come dear son and buy my game, bless you!

I know everyone has their opinions, but you are just being anal because you don' t like the guy.

1. Ninja Gaiden Black is a much better game than GoW and GoW2. It may not be as epic or be better presentational wise, but is a lot more fun. If anything, fun is a relative thing, but Ninja Gaiden' s combat system and gameplay mechanics trample those of GoW any day of the year. GoW+GoW2 mechanics are still not on par with those of Ninja Gaiden Black or Sigma.

3. At least he hasn' t gone and added a pathetic sex mini-game and actually feature nude characters. 9/10 GoW females walk around showing their cleavage, and yet you say Itagaki is aiming at pre-pubescence?

Now, if we take GoW' s nudity into a cultural context, then yeah, its probably a close depiction of their mythology. Much like the females Itagaki creates are on par with anime (both DOA and NG are anime inspired, in case you don' t know), which is more than just animation in Japan. Nitro' s explanation on the anime phenomenon is spot on. So, if you want to consider GoW' s nudity as cultural, cool, but lets also be fair to the Japanese anime culture. If you want to consider it pre-pubescent shit, then its only fair you put GoW in that group too.

4. I don' t think NG2 looks as good as DMC4, but I haven' t really seen NG2 on my TV, while me playing it. I am sure as hell that the shadows don' t look nearly as bad as those in DMC4 and the animations of NG2 (even the original NG for Xbox) still walk over those of any DMC title. And there is also a shit-ton more going on NG2 than DMC4 at any given time.

And DOA4 is far from an average fighting game, just because you don' t like Itagaki and what he makes, it doesn' t make DOA4 average.
< Message edited by chimura -- 4 Jun 08 7:08:27 >

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 15:55

Chimura
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 17:20
Tecmo' s Follow Up

Our company getting sued by this employee is huge problem... the reasons for making this lawsuit public are self-centered. What' s more, this employee is filing this suit for himself and making it seem like he alone is responsible for the development of the game titles the rest of the Team Ninja staff had poured its heart into.

Team NINJA is currently working on a line-up of new titles. All of Team NINJA is starting to work together on interesting new game titles.

Pretty much what the article says at the end, things are going to get ugly

Nitro
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 18:34
Many games, epecially launch titles come with completion bonuses, so it wouldn' t surprise me if Itagaki has a valid case.

As the producer (his title is actually ' Director' but it' s not really used outside of Japan) of almost all Team NINJA games (not Sigma) he has been the guy responsible for overseeing all aspects of the art and technical design elements, making sure schedules, budget and milestones are all hit (which is where this completion bonus will come in), overseeing the QA etc etc etc...

His role is a crucial one. It' s dominant in games development and the person in that job is the greatest influence on the end product. Ninja Gaiden and DoA are the games they are because of his vision. If they' re going to get Hayashi to take over as director he has a lot to prove. His role during Sigma' s development will have been very limited as many of the decisions that he would normally have had to make were already made by Itagaki during development of the original game. His actual role was more ' project manager' than director.

I suspect as Zoy does that they thought they could use the sexual harassment case against Itagaki as leverage to not pay him. Shady stuff, but this is Tecmo and as far as most gamers are concerned Tecmo is Team Ninja and Team Ninja without Itagaki is nothing.

< Message edited by nitro -- 4 Jun 08 10:35:33 >

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 18:41
Now what I am wondering: Why did Itagaki stay so long? Dead or Alive 4 has been finished 2 1/2 years ago...so shouldn' t he have been eligible for that completition bonus then? Why did he take so long to sue them? Could it have been that he himself wanted to finish Ninja Gaiden 2 before leaving Tecmo?

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 21:09
Legal matters take a while to get started. There are lots of avenues you have to explore before building a case and going to court. By that time, NG2 and other projects would have been started. Leaving everyone high and dry half way through development of a game would:

a) Make it hard on everyone else at Team Ninja.
b) Negatively affect the quality of the games he was currently producing.

Nitro
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 21:33

ORIGINAL: UnluckyOne

Legal matters take a while to get started. There are lots of avenues you have to explore before building a case and going to court. By that time, NG2 and other projects would have been started. Leaving everyone high and dry half way through development of a game would:

a) Make it hard on everyone else at Team Ninja.
b) Negatively affect the quality of the games he was currently producing.

Nor would it stand him in good stead in his lawsuit.

It looks better for him that he' s fulfilled his commitment to 3 additional games (DoAX2, Dragon Sword and Ninja Gaiden II). If he' d walked away from them the court could have drawn an inference against him.

Looks good for potential new employers too.

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 04, 2008 23:21
Anyone considered that he may make his own company like Okamoto/Mikami...etc? Maybe we will have to wait and see if people will " follow" him or not but i see it possible as much as other options there.

As for my personal opinion of the guy, i hate him but its a fact that he makes cool games. Let' s see how good are those " interesting new game titles" .

Chimura
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 03:07
I have faith in Itagaki and his new ideas.

As far as Team Ninja, I will wait and see what happens if there is ever a DOA5 and NG3. I would like to think Hayashi is up to the challenge, after all, Itagaki did select him to lead Sigma and he was also pretty involved with Dragon Sword and NG2.

< Message edited by chimura -- 4 Jun 08 19:24:52 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 09:13
Microsoft' s already begun the ass-kissing...

Microsoft has publicly thanked Tomonobu Itagaki for his Xbox support following his dramatic departure from Tecmo yesterday.

" Tomonobu Itagaki has decided to leave Tecmo and Team Ninja to pursue other opportunities. We thank Tomonobu Itagaki for the many years he has supported Xbox as he has contributed immensely to the success of the videogame industry as a whole," the platform hold told Kotaku.

Itagaki was outspoken in his support for Xbox and Xbox 360 despite the relative indifference of many of his Japanese peers. " There' s no launch titles that create within me an urge to search all over Tokyo to find a PS3 so I can play them," he once told 1UP.

And so it begins. Who' s expecting other developers to take a stand in this?

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 09:40
Maybe the ones that want to hire him. I' m sure Itagaki would appreciate public praise and any company who does so would stand a much better chance to woo him to their stables.

emofag
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 10:42

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

DMC4s story kicked ass. The only thing I didn' t like about it was there was too much Nero and not enough Dante.

The DMC series needs a change, too much of the same shit, but DMC is deffinetely superior to NG, no question.
< Message edited by emofag -- 5 Jun 08 2:42:14 >

Shin_Ishikawa
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 11:45

ORIGINAL: emofag

The DMC series needs a change, too much of the same shit, but DMC is deffinetely superior to NG, no question.

After beating 2 chapters of ninja gaiden II. I say ninja gaiden is way better than devil may cry. Devil may cry gameplay is kind of boring and the enemy are no challenge like in ninja gaiden or ninja gaiden II. Ninja gaiden II has to be the best action game out there. I been very impresive so far. When I was playing devil may cry 4. I just wanted to stop playing the game. because I was bored of it.
but everyhbody is different you know. You say devil may cry is better than ninja gaiden then its your take. I did like devil may cry 3 just because of the cool cutscene with lady.

Chimura
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 11:51

I did like devil may cry 3 just because of the cool cutscene with lady.

Where you checking Lady' s junk too??

Shin_Ishikawa
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 11:54

ORIGINAL: Chimura

I did like devil may cry 3 just because of the cool cutscene with lady.

Where you checking Lady' s junk too??

I try checking her out all the time but you couldn' t see much. In devil may cry 4 she looks so different than in devil may cry 3 that you can' t recognise her.

Chimura
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 12:04
I love your honesty

Chimura
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 16:54
Tecmo had it coming...

I am sure the president of Tecmo is probably regretting his words right about now.

Nitro
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 17:48

ORIGINAL: Chimura

Tecmo had it coming...

I am sure the president of Tecmo is probably regretting his words right about now.

The shareholders won' t be happy.

LOL - sack the prez and give his job to Itagaki. Share prices would go through the roof!

the_shadowwolf
  • Total Posts : 675
  • Reward points : 17635
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 19:39
Wow that fall in shares will cost Tecmo billions.
You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

UnluckyOne
  • Total Posts : 995
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 05, 2008 22:27
Hah! Now this is what you call ' slamming the door on the way out' .

donutt.
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 06, 2008 03:59
ng is so much better than dmc!
i dont see what the obsession is with it.
but, whoever was dissing ng earlier, wants to STFU. :)

" he' s a big mouth, a developer that fails to deliver a game with a " correct" camera system is not worth mentioning his name. Ninja gaiden 2, according to many reviews has a terrible camera, add to this the average graphics and i wonder why is he so cocky. he made fun of his collegues (those who worked on sigma ps3) and hearing that , you expect ninja gaiden 2 to be a " chef d' oeuvre" , well it' s not, far from it , and that' s very disapointing ... a mere 83% in game ranking for a game with tremendous hyper, that' s pathetic. "

mastachefbkw
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 06, 2008 05:19

I try checking her out all the time but you couldn' t see much. In devil may cry 4 she looks so different than in devil may cry 3 that you can' t recognise her.
Is that what ruined the game for you?

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 06, 2008 05:28

ng is so much better than dmc!
i dont see what the obsession is with it.
but, whoever was dissing ng earlier, wants to STFU. :)

... [DMC] mere 83% in game ranking for a game with tremendous hyper, that' s pathetic. "

...What?

Welcome to the forums Donutt. I wouldn' t make your first person telling another user to shut the fuck up... just giving you a heads up.

Shin_Ishikawa
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 06, 2008 05:28

Is that what ruined the game for you?

yeah you can say that.

mastachefbkw
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 06, 2008 06:26

yeah you can say that.
Seriously dude, wtf?

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 06, 2008 11:57
Shin dances to the beat of his own drum. I like it.

And, yes, Ninja Gaiden 2 is far superior to DMC, for me at least. It' s just WAY more fun. DMC was boring, honestly, and I probably didn' t make it in far enough to appreciate the story. NG2 has me hooked, though! It' s a blast!

Me and Shin want to play as Rachel or Ayane, though!

mastachefbkw
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 06, 2008 12:02

Shin dances to the beat of his own drum. I like it.
I wish I had a drum.

Shin_Ishikawa
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 07, 2008 09:54
Do you think Tomonobu Itagaki is sad right now. I feel sorry for the guy. He was the one who invented DOA and ninja gaiden and now they will take it away from him.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 07, 2008 10:31
He didn' t invent Ninja Gaiden. Not sure if he invented Dead or Alive.

Chimura
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 07, 2008 10:39
Yeah, he did come up with DOA.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 07, 2008 10:59

Yeah, he did come up with DOA.

With alot of help from SEGA' s inhouse R&D (and of course, Itagaki being a die hard VF 1&2 fan..)

Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Shin_Ishikawa
RE: Holy Shit! Itagaki just left Tecmo! - Jun 07, 2008 11:06

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

He didn' t invent Ninja Gaiden. Not sure if he invented Dead or Alive.

but wasn' t him the producer for the ninja gaiden for the nes.

Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 41 to 80 of 81