Where' s our Splinter Cell?!

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
Where' s our Splinter Cell?! - May 29, 2008 11:42
This isn' t a news post. I' m simply looking for some intelligent discussion and debate. So before you hit that " OK" button, ask yourself, " Am I talking out of my ass?" .

Thus far, Conviction has been conspicuously absent from Ubisoft' s showings. If I remember correctly, Conviction had been shown this time at last year' s Ubidays, and while there' s fleeting hope it will be shown tomorrow in a " surprise" blowout or later at the very-much-crippled E3, I can' t see either happening.

As most of you have already heard, there are rumors circulating on Convictions cancellation, and subsequent redesign. While they were immediately dismissed as " speculative" , they were never flat-out denied, in what I consider to be a rather suspicious move on Ubisoft' s part.

It' s far from concrete, but I' m interested to hear what you all have to say on the matter. Do you think we' ll be seeing Conviction it it' s current form? Could it benefit from a total ground-up redesign? What would you like to see in a newly reborn Splinter Cell 5?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 29 May 08 3:43:06 >

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Where' s our Splinter Cell?! - May 29, 2008 16:04
I the splinter cell design we saw last year was Ubisoft crying that they didnt get the bourne licens, hopefully they willl realize that Sam Fisher isnt Jason Bourne, Fisher thrives and shadows and Bourne with his fists.

I want a new splinter cell, with a great realistic story, like the first 3, the 4th was a bit dumb.

I wouldnt mind being introduced to a new lead character with Sam Fisher helping on the side, the new lead should be bad ass of course and not a dumb rookie.

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: Where' s our Splinter Cell?! - May 29, 2008 20:41
Splinter Cell is garbage.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Where' s our Splinter Cell?! - May 30, 2008 16:48

I wouldnt mind being introduced to a new lead character with Sam Fisher helping on the side, the new lead should be bad ass of course and not a dumb rookie.

Yeah! I can see it now...

" You look tense, Sam. Why don' t you take off your shirt and I' ll give you a backrub?"

" Thanks, Lance."

<Use thumbsticks to move hands. Use triggers to adjust pressure.>

IstillwantShenmue3
  • Total Posts : 54
RE: Where' s our Splinter Cell?! - May 31, 2008 04:24
Maybe the creator of the game is just being sneaky like Sam and will just hand us all a free game while snapping our necks.

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: Where' s our Splinter Cell?! - May 31, 2008 09:38

Yeah! I can see it now...

" You look tense, Sam. Why don' t you take off your shirt and I' ll give you a backrub?"

" Thanks, Lance."

<Use thumbsticks to move hands. Use triggers to adjust pressure.>

Instant Platinum Hit!