First GoW2 multiplayer details

Kelvinellenton
  • Total Posts : 454
  • Reward points : 0
First GoW2 multiplayer details - May 25, 2008 01:42

The first details for Gears of War 2' s multiplayer mode have emerged and it all sounds bloody brilliant.

The sequel to one of the most-played Xbox Live games will up the player count from eight to ten, with five-on-five gameplay options. Nice.

New gameplay mode, Wingman, sees ten players face off in teams of two. And Epic has invented its own take on the typical CTF scenario with ' Meatflag' , in which the flag is a (presumably CPU-controlled) character who runs around the centre of the map trying to defend himself, while teams attempt to shoot him down and drag him back to base as a ' meatshield' (like a hostage).

Advertisement:
Click to learn more...

Assassination mode has been renamed Guardian, and changes to the gameplay see team members respawn endlessly until the team leader is killed. The game ends only when the leader is dead and then everyone else on the team is killed.

Two new maps are detailed: River and Security. River is a symmetrical map, with two houses with sniping towers connected by a thin path and a river.

Security is said to be a long, thin map with two " power weapons" being guarded by deadly laser turrets at either side of the map. These turrets can be deactivated for 20 seconds by pressing a button in the centre of the map, apparently. Interesting.

A new weapon, called the Medusa, is described as a " power weapon" that shoots six shells with each shot - so like a powerful shotgun, we imagine. Bullet Shields - carry-able metal shields to guard you from enemy fire - have also been added. These shields can apparently be stuck into the floor to create new fixed cover.

The executions on each weapon will vary. The Sniper Rifle can, according to NeoGAF' s report from X360 magazine, be used as a club to beat opponents to death.

As well as grenade now being attachable to any surface - not just enemies - a new Poison Grenade emits a green gas that' s fatal to anyone within close proximity. Stick one of these to an enemy and not only do they die, but they' re be deadly to others, too.

And lastly, a new screenshot mode has been added for players who' ve been killed in game modes where they can' t respawn. While they wait, players can fly around in a free-cam mode and take snaps of the action, which can then be uploaded to an online community source.

Again, we can' t bloody wait.

Stolen from CVG

It sounds cool. Unfortunatly I don' t own a 360 but this would be the main reason to buy it for me.

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: First GoW2 multiplayer details - May 26, 2008 01:28
Thanks for the info!

This does all sound very good, and I especially like that Epic is going to allow is to take screenshots and upload them ala Halo 3. I just wish they went a step further with this and including video sharing ala Halo 3.

I am just awaiting whether all of the glitching will be taken out. It killed Gears 1 for me online a lot of the time.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: First GoW2 multiplayer details - May 26, 2008 10:49
The only way they' ll be removing large amounts of glitches is through public Beta testing, and frequent patching after the game' s release.

Kelvinellenton
  • Total Posts : 454
  • Reward points : 0
RE: First GoW2 multiplayer details - May 26, 2008 20:00
There' s also coming a new version of Gears of War 1... I found this on the danish GR site and I' ll translate it as good as possible

Original: GameReactor.dk
According to Epic Games, there' s a new edition of Gears of War coming. This version apparently contains all the additions that the company has released(Multiplayer arenas, new gamemode and the corrections for the weapons) but it is unknown whether this edition will contain the extra maps that the PC version got.

For now this edition will only be sent out in America but we(GR) will of course keep an eye on the development

That makes sense right?

Source for them who speak Danish