Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Where does Wii leave Nintendo for the next gen?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Where does Wii leave Nintendo for the next gen? - May 20, 2008 10:38

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Dunia, which is the engine that Far Cry 2 runs on is thought to be a highly modified UE2.5 based engine. Calling it UE2.5 is probably disrespectful towards the guys who have worked towards getting it where it is, but the framework is [more than likely] still there.

Dunia is based on CryEngine 1. Although it' s really a new engine in itself as only 2% of the old code remains.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Where does Wii leave Nintendo for the next gen? - May 20, 2008 14:07
I do think some developers are having trouble producing quality in the current generation, it was a major jump in terms of multicore processors and the graphic generation is different as well.

Nintendo can learn to do all these things ofcourse, but if people are struggling with PS3 and 360 games now, it might be even tougher on Nintendos people who might be taking a even huger jump.

I dont see nintendo sales slwing anytime soon, but i do think it will be harder to convince people to buy a next gen Wii system the next time around. Especially the hardcore gamers.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Where does Wii leave Nintendo for the next gen? - May 20, 2008 17:01
Nintendo will come out with hardware that is comparable to a 360, maybe a tad better (hopefully it will have more than 512MB of ram). So they' ll be a generation behind again.

I expect to see fewer Nintendo games and many of the old games currently on PS3/360 to be ported on N6. Hopefully Nintendo will save it' s backwards compatability.

I' m sure they' re working to expand their inhouse software team. They' re not stupid, they' re using wii to buy them more time.

Or will they just shrink Wii hardware into portable form and go completely handheld?

We should be so lucky.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Where does Wii leave Nintendo for the next gen? - May 20, 2008 21:01

I' d like to see Ninty go back to their roots,

Think hard.. Makes no sense?

As in focusing on just the games and not non-gamers who will play on the console once and never think of Ninty again.

I' m all for a cool new idea, but not if us gamers are more or less neglected in the process.
< Message edited by Marink -- 20 May 08 13:12:16 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Where does Wii leave Nintendo for the next gen? - May 21, 2008 10:09

No no no!!! The proper phrase is " Nintendo is cool" , not " are" . " Nintendo" is a singular entity referring to the entire company as a singular whole. You would say " Nintendo is cool" , but you would say " Nintendo' s employees are cool" . [/grammar nazi mode]
Joe are god?
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 25 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread