Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow!
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 54
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 18:53
Everybody who says that this game doesn' t look fucking awesome has his head obviously full of shit.

And just half a year till november....
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 19:01
Looks alright. Graphically it looks amazing but gameplay wise it' s mearly good. I' m not sure I' d even buy it if it wasn' t for co-op.

Not in my top five of most interesting games coming out for 2008.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 20:14
720p video

Looks like... Gears Of War only more Gears and more War. Pretty...

..much the same.

Small minor gameplay elements looked nice...
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 10 May 08 12:32:05 >
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 20:38

Looks like... Gears Of War only more Gears and more War. Pretty...

..much the same.

When its not broke don' t fix it! I can' t wait for this! Looks fu.cking awesome!
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 20:45

When its not broke don' t fix it!

If it' s not broke Duff.. We' re not talking about the 360 here.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 20:53
Cliffy is ginger?

Looks about as good as Gears 1 doesn' t it? I' m not seeing the jump in fidelity everyone else is seeing.
Evilkiller

RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 21:06
Didn' t you notice the perfect framerate? Or the much better lightning system? Or the improved particle effects? Or that there are fucking 50 Locust on the screen at the same time? Or that we are just seeing one small excerpt from the beginning of the game and we are already seeing more action and a bigger battlefield than in all of Gears of War 1?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 21:22

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

When its not broke don' t fix it!

If it' s not broke Duff.. We' re not talking about the 360 here.

No, we' re talking about a game for the 360.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 21:23
Yes ' more gears and more war' ...

He' s talking about it' s overall motions and fluidity are not much over the last one.. Why??

Because IMO ' Graphically' the 360 has had it' s day. And is IMO holding back the industry.

" WTF!!?!" says the xbots..?

The sooner developers concentrate on developing more Exclusive PC and PS3 titles that uses their respective hardware instead of cross-platform ' gimping' through 360 the Better.

I want to see more Crysis, KZ2, levels of fluidity and particle FX and the only way this would happen is when 360 is dead..

NG2 (probably the last 360 game i' ll own) Looks sick!! but if they made it for PS3 taking full advantage of its Cell, i couldn' t even imagine how awesome that would run.

Too many ps3 and PC games are looking like 360 games and I can' t wait for this shit to end because they' re way above that.
Rampage99

RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 21:31
This is why your opinion is completely discarded on here.
Evilkiller

RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 21:31
Well, luckily your opinion doesn' t matter much in this world.

EDIT: Rampage was faster ~_~
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 10 May 08 13:32:32 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 21:37
I' m actually really unimpressed. It looks like Gears in terms of polycounts and texture detail and having 30 locusts onscreen would only be impressive if you could interact with them properly and they all had individual AI routines. Lair had hundreds of enemies onscreen but ike in this trailer they didn' t do much at all. They were just there to increase the sense of scale. A welcome addition sure, but don' t expect me to be impressed.

Being able to use a locust as a shield is pretty cool, as is the new pistol... but i expected more. I expected the kind of jump we saw from GRAW to GRAW 2.

Killzone 2 remains the most impressive looking console game we' ve seen
Rampage99

RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 21:43

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Killzone 2 remains the most impressive looking console game we' ve seen

Visually, yes, gameplay wise we have no idea. At least we know Gears will have solid gameplay unless they do something drastic and it all falls apart. Killzone sucked. Killzone 2 has yet to prove itself. It doesn' t matter how much money is thrown at the game or what kind of talent is working on it, it could be the next Halo 2.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 22:01
Ok well heres a comparison vid.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33773.aspx

I suppose you could interpret it how you like really.

I' m not complaining, more of the same visually is not a problem. I want a better more fleshed out story more than anything.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 10, 2008 22:18
Many of you were so impressed by the killzone 2 vid , what was so different about the gameplay there ? It looked awesome . Thats it .

All we saw here was 2 minutes of gameplay for gears . Stop the hating .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 10 May 08 14:21:24 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 11, 2008 00:06
Gears 2 looks good. The lighting effects are very noticeable and the larger environments, and increase in scope is a much needed change, but I wish they had shown us something other than a " railcar" style level.

I' m withholding judgment, but it wasn' t mind-blowing.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 11, 2008 00:10
To me it looks like the same game just with a 2 next to it. Great graphics but to me the game play sucks. Its just not my type of game. Also the ai is a little dumb in gears 1. I know they are going to step it up on GOW2 . It looks cool but I don' t get the wow factor others are experiencing.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 11, 2008 00:44

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Stop the hating.

Defensive much?

It doesn' t look as improved as it should be. People are harping on about the lighting... but it should have been like that in the first game instead of the pre-baked bullshit we got.

It has 30 locusts on screen at the same time, but it only serves to increase the sense of scope and scale and doesn' t appear to affect the gameplay at all. If you get to take part in huge firefights against 30 enemies which all have individual AI routines then i' ll be impressed... but the gameplay doesn' t exactly serve for such conflicts so i seriously doubt the chances.

The textures look no different, the models look no different, the animations look no different etc. Now Gears may have been ahead of it' s time, but when this game hits the original will be 2 years old - almost to the day. You can' t possibly ask that i be impressed by minimal improvements on a 2 year old game. You want to talk about the draw distance and sense of scale? Go play UT3 on PS3.

It was the same thing with Halo 3. There were visual improvements over Halo 2, but the thing that made the biggest impact was the move to HD resolutions, and even that wasn' t 720p native. It wasn' t anywhere near as impressive looking as it should have been.

The gameplay in Gears is badass, but aside from being able to use a downed locust as a shield and a dumb looking chainsaw battle in which you obviously just have to mash a button... i don' t see anything we haven' t already seen in the original game.

Gears 2 will be tested on it' s multiplayer more than anything else. The game is guaranteed to sell millions and Gears has taken the reins from Halo as Microsoft' s flagship series... but the gameplay we' ve seen today hasn' t had the impact that the first footage of the first game did, and it hasn' t had the impact that the Killzone 2 gameplay footage had the other day. Gears 2 will be great, just like the original, but they could have done more... or at least put out a video that showcases the improvements better.

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 11, 2008 03:58

but it should have been like that in the first game instead of the pre-baked bullshit we got.

See, this is what I' m talking about. If you could actually make observations like this at the time that a game comes out, rather than jizzing all over the place because you' re drunk on the hype, and only a year or two later forming incisive critiques, then you' d really be sharing insightful, objective observations. Not just you Nitro, but everyone who gets all explosively hyped over a game for the few months leading up to and during its release window... then only later do we get the real story. I' m sure you' ll all have some harsh assessments for aspects of COD4 when its next proper sequel is nearing its launch, things which you have all neglected to acknowledge, much less mention, in the interim.

The only thing is, it' s impossible to tell if you are doing this sort of harsh criticism now out of a belated recognition of the truth of the matter, or as an attempt to backlash against the hype (a' la Halo 3). Or as an attempt to conceal the fact that you were swept up in the hype like a typical consumer(as will be the case with GTAIV). Is it real criticism, a year and a half late, or is it just backlash?

In any event, I' ve said all I' ll say in the thread... I think both Gears of War and Killzone look like really flat, adolescent wish-fulfillment-fantasy tough guy games. My only hope is that this type of stuff will eventually cause the market to crash and that weirdness and originality can someday prevail again.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gears 2 Gameplay Tomorrow! - May 11, 2008 05:06
In fairness Zoy at the time the games looked great, the only reason we nitpick on the older games now is becuase they are old, we have seen more impressive/better games and going back dosent give that wow factor it used too.

Getting caught up in the hype can happen all to easily, ... regarding gears 2, it looks the same, better framerate and better lighting.. nothing too much different, but gears was fun not the holy grail of games its made out to ber though. Personaly Killzone 2 dosent look that much better, I dont know what you guys really see in it after the last gameplay videos.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 54

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message