Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today?
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 82
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 01:03

I can exercise for free. Wiifit is a waste of money.

We can all train for free, we can all play games for free..

Can' t get Wii-fit for free though!! and certainly can' t get what practically is a hight-tech set of scales and virtual personal trainer for free!!
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 29 Apr 08 17:05:48 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 01:03
No point in me getting it today.. Since I only get to play at weekends... [as i am away, that is the only valid reason lol]
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 02:35
Well, I went to pick up my copy from the local blockbuster(traded in 4 crappy old games for it free earlier in the week) and they had my reserved copy in. Not that it mattered though considering I saw a stack of 30 xbox versions and 15 ps3 copies.

According to my friends all the local stores have tons of copies as well. One nice thing about Canada, or at least Calgary is that on launch days, we almost always have a ton of copies. Enough so that as long as you go within the first few days of release you can get your hands on a copy of even the most popular games.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 03:07
Hoping my copy comes today.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 05:54
I' ll maybe get it when it comes to pc. It looks pretty interesting but maybe it' ll be like the previous game for me. I was quite interested in it originally but kind of " lost track" of it and didn' t bother to buy it eventually.
GTA3 was cool though but became somewhat tedious after a while. The storyline and how the missions are woven into it wasn' t that fascinating I thought.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 07:08
Holy s**t, the multiplayer is greatness. Only done a team deathmatch but just getting into a car with some homies and doing a drive by is insane. As is hiding behind a wall and shooting someone down. Not so cool (for me anyway) trying to jump over a car heading towards me at speed. Sent my lifeless body 10ft in the air doing a backflip.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 10:55
I reserved it, but I won' t have a chance to get it until Monday, I' m not sure if they hold them that long though.
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 11:08
Does it have offline 2Players?
Like San Andreas
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 12:20
The pc version will mostly come out after an year or so . So you guys will wait for an year to play an awesome game for a measly 5 more fps ? .

I will have to wait for a couple of days atleast . The damned custom department here havent cleared the stocks yet ..
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 12:25

The pc version will mostly come out after an year or so . So you guys will wait for an year to play an awesome game for a measly 5 more fps ? .

5 more frames? Try 60+ rather than 20. Not to mention higher graphic settings, faster load times, modding, M&K (although I' d still use the 360 controller).
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 12:36
True . But i was saying for a game like GTA 30 fps should suffice , ofcourse the more the better . I still cant wait for an year for it though . I would buy both the versions .
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 16:28
as much as I like the GTA series not rushing out to get this one just yet. Too many other games still to finish first.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 18:02

True . But i was saying for a game like GTA 30 fps should suffice

Ok, 60fps on a multi-plattform game as huge as GTA is asking too much. rockstar would have spent alot more time trying to optimise and i don' t think it' s actually possible on these consoles (especially considering the size and scope and detail of the city).

Thing is, 30fps would of been nice enough but GTA4 don' t run at 30fps, weve ran it (the 360 version) through a video capturing machine and it was reading on average aorund the 20fps mark. It hardly ever hit 30fps. Gears of war Ran at a constant 30fps (try that out and see how much smoother it is)..

GTA4 is a badass gme but im not spoiling my experience by putting up with Sega Saturn framerates, i' ll wait till october!

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 18:43
PC GTA versions has always been dodgy at best! you might not have as low frames but its not going to be optimized and controls will be even worse!
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - Apr 30, 2008 19:47
Yes your right, they haven' t been totally optimized but always ran alot better and obviously had better resolutions/sharper graphics than the console versions.. Ild doubt it' s support quad core like say.. Crysis does.

As for controlling better? that' s personal preference..Ive always found combat, aiming and shooting much more accurate and responsive using a mouse and keyboard (headshots every time!! ) and Also being able to freely move the camera around effortlessly with the mouse while your driver or walking is great, the scope is much wider and smoother than whats possible with a Pad.

The only bonus pad has is it' s rumble and its easy accessibility while chilling on the couch. But then again, the PC version will most likely have full 360 pad support also.. So the PC version wins on the control front too :P

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - May 01, 2008 00:26

Holy s**t, the multiplayer is greatness

You have the 360 version? If that' s the case, what' s your tag? I' m playing Ghost for a few hours this afternoon (5 EST) if all goes well, we should all jump into a game.

30fps would of been nice enough but GTA4 don' t run at 30fps, weve ran it (the 360 version) through a video capturing machine

Who is " we" ?

The game runs in the 25 to 30 fps range, with the occasional minute slowdown, but it never gets to the point where it inhibits gameplay in any way. If you' re the kind of person who gets ill from a jiggity framerate, or if you run it through capture hardware/software, you' ll notice. If you don' t fall under those two categories, with maybe the exception of people like Joe, the times when you consciously recognize a slowdown are few and far in between.

On the subject of comparing framerate There are very few titles that actually do run rock solid at their established framerate. I' ve gotten framerate hitches in Gears (I can name you the exact place in game if you want to recreate it [I did, multiple times]), and yes ladies and gentlemen, even the supposedly 100% constant 60fps Call of Duty 4 dips.

Framerate issues are the nature of the beast in console games. If you' re holding out for the PC version, you' ll be getting a more polished title, but you' ve got to ask yourself if the improvements warrant an extra year to a year and a half of waiting.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - May 01, 2008 06:39
Am I the only one that thinks the new driving sucks complete ass compared to the original?

I find it slow, clunky, and honestly, unrealistic. Cars don' t actually turn that poorly, or brake that slowly.

I know they were trying to go for a heavier more real feeling to the cars, but I don' t like it. I' m all for realism, but when it ultimately ends up being less fun than when it unrealistic then I think it' s a bad idea.

I' m really dissapointed, one of the biggest reasons I enjoyed the GTA games was the driving. One of the biggest reasons I didn' t enjoy Saints Row that much was that the driving was bad. That' s why I couldn' t wait for GTA 4. Now I get it to find that part of what made the previous games so awesome isn' t there anymore.

The driving isn' t so bad that I can' t bear driving for the missions, but I don' t drive around for fun anymore. Something I did constantly in GTA 3, Vice, and San Andreas.

I can' t believe no reviews mentioned this, and that nobody here has said much. All my friends dislike it, and it was the first thing any of us mentioned when asked what we thought of the game so far.

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - May 01, 2008 06:50
I actually like the driving. It took me a little while to get used to it but now I really don' t mind it. I' m having a blast with the game and really don' t have anything to complain about as of yet.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - May 01, 2008 06:55
I just suck at driving... and I like it!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Am I the only person not picking up GTA IV today? - May 01, 2008 07:01
The cars roll too easilly, even when it feels like you' re not goiong fast.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 82

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message