Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced)
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 48
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 02, 2008 13:38
ohh i love cellshading, but cell shading pop is like cell shading half-life. (well nearly)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 01:00
....Um.... I agree?

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 01:25

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

ohh i love cellshading, but cell shading pop is like cell shading half-life. (well nearly)

Which is basically Team Fortress 2 and that looks amazing! I think the new PoP visuals are awesome.
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 05:59

Which is basically Team Fortress 2

How many headcrabs have you shot in TF2.

If they want to change everything so drasticly, why even use the PoP name.
Rampage99

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 06:08
Dude, I think the style fits perfectly. PoP:SoT has a very cool style to it. It had good color and did look slightly cartoony, it definitely wasn' t going for realism. The later ones (which weren' t as good) went the dark approach and to be honest I missed the brighter more lively look of SoT. If anything I think the new style is more fitting as a sequel for SoT that the others.
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 06:16
It doesnt look like PoP, its looks more japaneese than Arabian. They could atleast try and capture the style of the era, i know its only one shot, but if i was making a game id show the style id make the game in.

its Prince of Persia, not Prince of China or Japan og Korea.
Rampage99

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 06:23
Here' s more images.

I don' t see this guy as Japanese or Korean at all. I guess I wouldn' t say he looks Persian either but I really don' t care. I think the visuals look awesome and I think they fit the gameplay very well (if they are sticking to the tried and true PoP gameplay). I' m far more excited about this one than the last couple titles in the series.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 06:30
I must say that judging by these new shots, I am more sold on the style. Like I said, if they follow the SoT style rather than WW and TT, then cell could work perfectly. I like the new Prince model for sure

The claw seems like it will play a part in both acrobatics and combat, and it looks sweet!
< Message edited by chimura -- 2 May 08 22:31:44 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 06:31
The game is probably fine. I just dont see the point in using the name in a game that has nothing in common with the previous ones.

It' s not the same storyline

It' s barely the same prince

Its not the same art style

Seems to me like they were making a game, and thought hey how can we sell more, sure we make it a PoP game. Kinda like Nintendo did with StarFox
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 06:32
Well, the original PoP' s had nothing to do with the current trilogy, so I don' t see why they can' t go in a new direction and still call it PoP.
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 06:36

Well, the original PoP' s had nothing to do with the current trilogy, so I don' t see why they can' t go in a new direction and still call it PoP.

Well the first ones were many many years ago. You can more easily recreate something thats ancient in the first place.
Rampage99

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 06:37

The game is probably fine. I just dont see the point in using the name in a game that has nothing in common with the previous ones.

It' s not the same storyline

It' s barely the same prince

Its not the same art style

Seems to me like they were making a game, and thought hey how can we sell more, sure we make it a PoP game. Kinda like Nintendo did with StarFox

That' s like saying GTA:VC shouldn' t be called a GTA game.
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 06:41

That' s like saying GTA:VC shouldn' t be called a GTA game.

no its not!

PoP games always featured the same hero. GTA games never did, they usually dont even feature the same city.

If Valve made a half-life, cellshaded, with no headcrabs, black mesa incident and no gordon, now that would be the same.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 09:32
There' s nothing oriental about the new art style. No anime or manga looks like that and save for the characters having a thin black outline it doesn' t share any characteristics with eastern art.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 10:54
I' ve always wanted someone to make a 3D game that looked completely cel shaded and hand-drawn if you know what I mean. TF2 looks great, but it was just a colourful 3D game.

This looks much more stylish. I never really had much love for the modern PoP series of games, although I enjoyed Two Thrones I guess. So I' m not too bothered they are using it to experiment with. I hope it turns out good.

What was the last 3D cel shaded game Ubi did, XIII? Anyone know if its Ubi Paris on this one too or Montreal again?
Vx Chemical

RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 14:57

There' s nothing oriental about the new art style. No anime or manga looks like that and save for the characters having a thin black outline it doesn' t share any characteristics with eastern art.

There is certainly no arabian look about it either.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 18:42

ORIGINAL: choupolo

What was the last 3D cel shaded game Ubi did, XIII? Anyone know if its Ubi Paris on this one too or Montreal again?

Ubisoft seem to have some experience and impressive tech for cell shading. As I recall their most recent cell shaded game was Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, and that recieved a lot of praise.
Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 21:48

There is certainly no arabian look about it either.

You' re right...

They should just have licensed UE3.0 for it...
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 03, 2008 23:07
God, all this talk because something looks different. Open your creative mind, get out of that cardbaord box and let the developers try something fresh.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Prince of Persia Announced (announced, not the annouciation announced) - May 04, 2008 04:59

As I recall their most recent cell shaded game was Naruto: Rise of a Ninja, and that recieved a lot of praise.

Of course, because the use of cel shading was logically motivated since it was an adaptation of a cel-animated series. For PoP, I' m not so sure... (although I do love cel shading as a style and appreciate the cleverness of the technical feat).

They should just have licensed UE3.0 for it...

I hope you' re being somewhat facetious... UE3.0 is a great engine, but I don' t want to see it dominating the industry because it does have its own stylistic limitations and games would become rather bland if they all have that dark and gritty realistic look. As it is I think it' s a style that' s a bit overdone in this era.
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 48

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message