Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 It' s starting to get a little ridiculous...
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 14:47
My 360 is freezing a lot more than it used to . I havent touched the 360 for a week or so , I dont want it dying on me when i get GTA .
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 15:07
My Wii broke on me. I had to get a replacement from Nintendo. I think it is the only console to ever fail on me, and I barely touch the piece of crap.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 15:55
I have only had two consoles fail on me in all my years of gaming. The Japanese Dreamcast and the GameCube..

The controller port on the Dreamcast got fried, supposedly because of a third party controller I was using. (Interact' s controller)

The GameCube' s disc drive stopped working properly after I left the console on with Viewtiful Joe on Pause for 3 days. I' ve left other consoles on for longer periods than that without a problem. I left Metal Gear Solid 3 on for a full week without a problem.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 16:18

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

The GameCube' s disc drive stopped working properly after I left the console on with Viewtiful Joe on Pause for 3 days. I' ve left other consoles on for longer periods than that without a problem. I left Metal Gear Solid 3 on for a full week without a problem.

lol .. Wouldnt saving the game and turning the console off be a better option
?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 27, 2008 22:13
The BGA joins on your GPU are lifting. You' re slowly on your way to a RROD. Gratz.

Keep it well ventilated, don' t play for that long, and lemme know if you want a permanent solution for that.

The controller port on the Dreamcast got fried, supposedly because of a third party controller I was using. (Interact' s controller)

Did they repair your console after they knew it was a 3rd party controller that nuked it?
Terry Bogard

RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 28, 2008 00:45

Did they repair your console after they knew it was a 3rd party controller that nuked it?

It was an import Dreamcast, there was no way Sega of America was fixing that badboy.. NCS fixed it up for me, it was a quick turn-around. I believe they' re the ones who told me that there were other similar cases of Dreamcast controller ports getting fried because of 3rd party controllers.
Terry Bogard

RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 28, 2008 00:48

lol .. Wouldnt saving the game and turning the console off be a better option

Well sometimes I' m a lazy a$$!

I was at the level where you had to battle all of the bosses one right after the other. I guess I figured if I saved and powered off the console, I' d have to start at the very beginning of that level again. I wound up having to redo that entire level anyway cause I purchased a new GameCube a couple days after the first one stopped working.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: It' s starting to get a little ridiculous... - Apr 28, 2008 04:25
I got my replacement last night and I' m really happy. This thing is dead quiet. My last two Elite' s were noisy as hell. The second to last one' s fans sounded like a jet engine. As soon as you turned on the console it was just blaring. the last one had a really noisy disc drive where once a started playing from the disc the spinning would sometimes over power the volume.

This one' s fans are super quiet you can barely hear them. The disc drive makes barely a sound. This almost makes me happy the last one crapped out on me. No I can' t wait for GTA. I' m pumped for tomorrow night!
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message