Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back"
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 23, 2008 01:25

So a single game means no other games can be impressive eh? A single FPS means that games like Warhawk, LittleBigPlanet!, Gran Turismo, Motorstorm, Halo3(replay theatre) GTA4 + many many more cannot be technically impressive?

For as many new and exciting games/idea' s that the Wii offers, the ps3 and 360 offer as many or more, with better graphics and far superior online features.

Don' t waste your breath Dagashi.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 23, 2008 01:39

The Xbox is nice for emu stuff, but I prefer a PC. It' s only going to take so much time before last gen gets some seriously solid emulators, and there' s no way you' re running that on custom Xbox firmware.

I used to play Emu stuff off My Xbox (before that, even on my DC).. suprised how many great emu' s there was for the thing and how good they ran.. But your right Compared with PC and it' s software its little more than a novelty. Emu on a whole is a novelty i suppose.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 23, 2008 03:51
Tjenare!

Long time since I last posted (not that anybody cares)

I just wanted to point out that the Wii is probably going to be the best console for Indie Game developers (not that anybody cares, ' cept me).

Also, speaking for myself, I think the Wii def isn' t a step back in games (technology isn' t all there is to games) however I do think that MANY games (both from Nintendo and third party developers) haven' t been all too willing to spend money on actually designing games that use the Wii' s controller in other than " gimmicky" ways.
This could be to many reasons, perhaps because the console (liek the Playstation at its time) has caught the attention of a broader audience, that likes simplier (stupider) games, games than the often refered as " hardcore" gamer audience.
Another possible reason might be that the controlelr is fairly new, and it took the gaming industry fairly long before creating the " ultimate" FPS controller scheme. So perhaps we should give the industry some time to get a hang of the dildomote?

Still, even though the Wii clearly has a technical disadvantage in terms of performance and an unfamiliar controller to design for, I think the problem of " lacking" game design is something that even the Ps3 and 360 games suffer from. I was seriously dissapointed when hearing Epic' s teaser speach regarding Gears2. All the presentation focused on was how " improved" the lightning effects where and how much blood there would be in the game.

Also, on a personal note. I have as many games on the Wii that I' ve found enjoyable, as I do on the 360.

Oh, and the Ps3 we shouldn' t even speak about.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 23, 2008 04:04

Long time since I last posted (not that anybody cares)

Actually i saw your name and thought hey i havent seen that in a while! but i hadnt noticed you were gone though :P welcome back, stay awhile...... stay forever hahahahahahahahaha

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 23, 2008 04:05

Emu on a whole is a novelty i suppose.

It' s a convenience. I like the idea of having a bunch of vintage consoles, but I don' t want to have them all hooked up, and store all the media, especially with bulkier cartridge based systems.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 23, 2008 06:42
It' s already well established that VF5 is a moron, why argue with him.

I' m sure he was blown away by mario party 28 and mario kart 64 wii version.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: No Wii for Epic: " We Go Forward, Not Back" - Apr 23, 2008 07:50

It' s a convenience. I like the idea of having a bunch of vintage consoles, but I don' t want to have them all hooked up, and store all the media, especially with bulkier cartridge based systems.

Tell me about it I wish there was a Device that played every retro Games Media in one Box.

Wouldnt be Suprised if you' d have had a go at that already, being such a keen Modder
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 27 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message