What are your biggest phobias?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 45
Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 08:06
Mine is sharp things remotely near my eyes. Can' t stand it. I couldn' t sleep on the top bunk as a kid, cause the guardrail had a corner on it, and it' d freak me out.

Other than a fear of looking over edges of tall things (not to be confused with fear of heights) that' s about it.

How about you?

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 08:37
I fear nothing.

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
  • Reward points : 0
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 08:52
I don' t have many fears. I guess my biggest one is snakes. I hate snakes with a passion.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 09:15
I am moderately afraid of heights. That is, I fear them at first but get used to them fairly quick and then even embrace them.

I don' t like getting my blood drawn. This is not a fear of needles as I do not fear shots.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 09:48
girls. I' m afraid of girls
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 12:39
I' ve always had a moderate fear of darkness and shadows. I' m pretty good at dealing with it though. I force myself to face it. Taking out the trash after midnight, forcing myself to cross my own darkened livingroom, etc.

When I was in the Navy, I would force myself to go and stand outside the skin of the ship at night when we were underway. F*cking pitch black out there, especially on an overcast night. But, I' d stay until my heartrate dropped down to normal.

Virtua fighter 5
  • Total Posts : 1327
  • Reward points : 4650
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 12:48

girls. I' m afraid of girls

ROFL..

Leaving my Mobile Phone near my GF Unattended:They Read your messages and will act strange for weeks before telling you in an argument:

" SO WHO WAS THAT MESSAGE FROM YOU REC' d THE OTHER WEEK?? WHAT THE HELL DID IT MEAN!?"

Hieights Im so bad that i cannot stand and look over IE a cliff, i have to ly in a front crawl posistion to have a good look down..

Red Ring of Death everytime i switch on my 360 im expecting it to happen and it' s annoying.

Tales of the Unexpected opening music Scared the Living S.hit outta me as a kid and still does..
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 20 Apr 08 5:09:21 >
Currently playing:
Korg DS 10 (ds) /  Metal Slug 7 (ds)
Rhythm Heaven (ds) /  Fire Emblem (ds)
Super Stardust HD (psn) /  Virtua Fighter 5 (360)
FSX (P

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 14:07
I don' t have any " phobias" , where I' m actively afraid of something even when there it' s not present.

I do have fears and conserns:

Fear:
-Getting a chick pregnant is by far my number one consern. Having a kid along with the responsibilities that those little ***ers represent horrifies me. I really don' t understand why any sane person would actually want one. It' s like being grounded for the rest of your life. Having a child is worst than prison, worst than death. Having a child is the end of your freedom. A child is better at reducing your liberty than any boss or politician ever can hope to achieve.

Parents are always quick to point out that they love their children, but really who cares? That' s a biological response, nature dictates you have to love your children. That doesn' t mean they haven' t ruined your life, it doesn' t mean your lifestyle isn' t shit after having a child. Doing anything becomes less fun and more difficult with a kid.
Parenting=slavery.

I haven' t been with a girl since December (actually a bit longer) because the whole false alarm freaked me right the f.uck out. For a while I didn' t want to talk to any girls. I even missed out on March break opportunities . Meh, shit happens I guess. I' m feeling better now. Especially since I have a clear direction in what I want to do with my life.

Consern:
My future is my biggest consern. This should be true for everyone, I imagine.

-Poverty. I still live with my mom so it' s not a huge consern for me at the moment. But I' m 22 and have to move out soon. So naturally I want to land a decent job where I' ll be able to support myself alone. I don' t want to have to rely on a roomate of girlfriend just to get by. Life isn' t worth living if your poor. Which is one of the reasons I don' t want kids, they cost an arm and a leg, and thats after you sell a kidney in the black market.

I don' t have the funds to send myself through University and I refuse to take out a loan. I don' t need the stress of debt. I know people in their 30s still trying to pay off their student loan. So I see no point in finishing my College Diploma when it' s useless on it' s own. Especially since I don' t want a desk job in the first place. I haven' t been smart with the decisions I' ve made so far, unfortunately. At least I had fun in College, and it' s all University credits that I have so I can still use them if I do go.

-Boredom.
I hate being bored. I can' t handle it at all. I would gladly end my life if I ever get hopelessly bored. I don' t like the daily grind, doing the same thing every day is f.ucking lame. Oh look it' s Friday, I' m doing the same shit I just did the last four days, and this week is like all the other ones. I don' t want to wait until the weekends before doing anything exciting.

With the intention of building my future and avoiding boredom like the plague I finally have the guts to do what has been in my thoughts for a few years now. In the fall I' m going to apply for the Army as a non-commissioned member (maybe I' ll try for an officer later). I' ll get the military to pay for University or some sort of training that I' ll be able to use as a civilian, once my five year commitment is expired. If I like it, I may stay and build a career in the Forces.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 20 Apr 08 6:09:59 >

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 15:46
I was afraid of heights, but i more or less cured that by jumping from 5-7.5m platforms in the swimmingpools.

I fear something happening to my daughter, but i guess thats just a normal parental worry!

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 20, 2008 20:05
I' m not bad with looking over long drops, but jumping off them is a different matter. It would take a lot to get me to go bungee jumping or freefalling out of a plane! I reckon I could force myself to do it, but I dont see the point.

I' d rather experience speed on the ground by racing cars.

I suppose I dont have any irrational phobias - I hate big dogs I guess after my sister got her arm chewed by an alsation. Dont you find that dog owners always say " Oh dont worry he' s harmless" , when he' s slavering at the mouth trying to pull away from his thin leash!

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 03:42
I guess spiders. I' m not afraid of them, I just don' t like them being alive anywhere near me.

...Same goes for cockroaches.

I don' t like needles at all. Not because they stab you, but rather the stuff thats in the needle.

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 04:00
I am also afraid of big dogs...I just hate it when I am jogging in the park and those dogs look at me like I am some kind of prey.

Besides, I am a bit afraid of heights but not that much. I have no problem standing on high ledges and vice versa, it just feels a bit weird.

I also hate insects ever since I woke up with one in my ear.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 04:21

Nitro:

I fear nothing.

I call shenanigans.

Kelvinellenton
  • Total Posts : 454
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 06:22
I' m afraid of sheep

Nitro
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 06:44

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Nitro:

I fear nothing.

I call shenanigans.

I don' t believe in fear.

Kelvinellenton
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 06:48
Nitro how about Rosie O' Donnell having her way with you?

That would scare the crap out of me

Agent Ghost
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 06:54

Kelvinellenton
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 07:01
OMG My eyes are burning... Where did you get the Devils wallpaper from?

Agent Ghost
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 07:27

kitten
  • Total Posts : 197
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 21, 2008 08:15
I agree on the spiders thing, also here in Australia there are huge scary ones that you wake up and they are beside your bed or on your ceiling or behind your doors. >_< Eugh.
Also can' t stand most types of bugs and creepy crawlies.

The dark and half-light scares me. I imagine stuff and then have anxiety attacks! Woo. :D

And... chainsaws.
holyfuckingshit. just dont go there

alijay034
  • Total Posts : 1433
  • Reward points : 1685
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 22, 2008 15:54
Ants, Snakes and Bees.

Ants from when I was a kid, playing on some land went home and I was covered from head to toe in the little fookers.

Bees and Wasps and anything that stings really, I end up with anaphylactic shock and have to be treated with a shot.

Snakes, I end up having a mild anxiety attack if I am near one.

Other than that I am fearless.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 23, 2008 00:58

Nitro:

I fear nothing.

I call shenanigans.

I don' t believe in fear.

You lie. I know what scares you. You' ve told me.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 23, 2008 01:33

nice post count alijay

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 23, 2008 01:48
The only thing I fear is fear itself.

Fear and SPIDERS!!!! I am terrified of the Bandito Spiders living in my house. I just know one day they are going to shank me for my shoes, I just know it!!!!!!!

Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Torr
  • Total Posts : 554
  • Reward points : 8100
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 23, 2008 01:52
I have a fear of tight spac.es(not those tight spaces), I feel like I am going to get stuck and they won' t be able to get out(prolly comes with being fat)

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 23, 2008 02:07
Snakes and murky waters. Also a mild phobia of germs and what not.

I used to have a fear of heights but developed a fuck it attitude towards that. Now its not surprising to see me hanging upside down from a bridge suspended 100' s of feet over a river.

Nitro
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 23, 2008 03:34

ORIGINAL: Torr

I have a fear of tight spac.es(not those tight spaces), I feel like I am going to get stuck and they won' t be able to get out(prolly comes with being fat)

A fuc.king ballroom would be a tight space to you fat boy.

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 24, 2008 06:07
I' m really bad with moths. I never liked them, but I was kinda.. out of it one night, having a house party, and there were two big moths flying in my kitchen. With the trails I was seeing, that equaled a while sh*tload of moths. Never been able to deal with them since.
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Joe Redifer
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 24, 2008 08:07
There was a HUGE moth sitting outside by my porchlight the other night. Just clinging to the brick wall. I had never seen one that big. It was much bigger than a standard butterfly. I shut off the porchlight and I guess it flew away, probably snatching rabbits and other fowl for food.

Iad umboros
  • Total Posts : 750
  • Reward points : 9745
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 24, 2008 08:36
Ewww. I saw a massive one (about 8 inches from head to toe, not wing span) in Cuba last year, but it was asleep on a leaf, so it wasn' t too bad. The climate is too cold here for them to get that big. They' ll need a radiation leak before the cattle in Scotland need to worry about moths. But then Godzilla will be able to take them.
***flyingsaucersdisguisedasmushrooms***
***mushroomsinvadingfromouterspace***

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 24, 2008 22:36
Cute dolls give me the creeps.

Not Chucky though. He' s not cute.

Shin_Ishikawa
  • Total Posts : 144
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 25, 2008 04:38
I* am afraid of people. I' m very shy. I see therapist because of it.

Joe Redifer
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 25, 2008 06:26
How many sessions did it take before you were actually able to see the therapist?

nekkid_monkey
  • Total Posts : 818
  • Reward points : 1280
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 25, 2008 19:24

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

There was a HUGE moth sitting outside by my porchlight the other night. Just clinging to the brick wall. I had never seen one that big. It was much bigger than a standard butterfly. I shut off the porchlight and I guess it flew away, probably snatching rabbits and other fowl for food.

I actually saw my first luna moth last week (which means it' s dead now). It was just hanging there outside the building I work in. Of course, none of the idiots I work with knew what a rare thing it is to see a live adult luna moth. One chick was even scared of it. Damn thing doesn' t even have a mouth, what' s to be scared of?

kitten
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 25, 2008 19:49

. One chick was even scared of it. Damn thing doesn' t even have a mouth, what' s to be scared of?

thats the thing about phobias, they are generally irrational.

Chee Saw
  • Total Posts : 1466
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 25, 2008 20:03
Is this what you' re talking about, kitten?

I don' t like spiders, heights, or sharp things near my eyes. I can operate, and don' t totally freak out around these things, but I prefer to stay away.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 26, 2008 00:19

or sharp things near my eyes

Ha! I' m not the only one! I spent about 10 minutes googling that the other day, and nobody else on the internet apparently has a fear of sharp things near their eyes.

That spider is disgusting. I don' t understand people who find arachnids fascinating. I' ll take the ten mosquitoes a spider supposedly kills over one of those boys any day of the week.

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 26, 2008 06:47

Ha! I' m not the only one! I spent about 10 minutes googling that the other day, and nobody else on the internet apparently has a fear of sharp things near their eyes.
I can' t say that I have a fear of having sharp objects near my eyes, but that certainly doesn' t mean it wouldn' t be uncomfortable for someone to hold a knife 2 inches away from my eyes.

kitten
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 26, 2008 08:24
okay. i' m so greatful that that image didn' t work.

if it was a spider and i had of seen it, i was going to hunt you down, force feed you muscle relaxants, then pull out all your toe nails, fingernails, and then teeth, one by one with pliers.

[:' (]

Agent Ghost
RE: What are your biggest phobias? - Apr 26, 2008 12:27

if it was a spider and i had of seen it, i was going to hunt you down, force feed you muscle relaxants, then pull out all your toe nails, fingernails, and then teeth, one by one with pliers.

What would you be wearing while doing this?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 45