Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 46
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 04:33

There was one boss battle that I actually despised! The loooooong, boring battle vs. the sniper.. That had to be one of the longest boss battles I ever had to endure, other than that I dug some of the camouflage index and CQC stuff.

Whaaat?!

You didn' t like the battle with The End?! That was the best part!

I mean, I' m the poster child for attention defecit, and I loved that battle. It was ten times more exciting than anything else in the game. There was this slow buildup of tension, and then you finally either got a rush of joy as you popped him, or you about sh1t yourself when he got you.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 04:42
Metal Gears Solid has:

Better art direction
Better character design
More varied gameplay

Splinter Cell has:

More realistic storylines
(Traditionally) better graphics
Better atmosphere

Sure you can bitch about Metal Gear having tons of un-necessary dialogue, but the games tend to be longer anyway, so in terms of actual gameplay content it evens out. Both have traits that make them worth playing and neither is superior. Conviction will be interesting... especially after Assassins Creed was criticized so heavily.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 04:50
Splinter Cell:

The only Videogame which lets you play a character that' s just Cacked his pants and puts you in the awkward situation to Escape without being noticed.

All i ever remember seeing in this ' Dull' Game was his ass Right in the screen, walking like he' d just poo' d himself.

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 05:01
I' m personally worried about Conviction' s gameplay. I have no doubts it' ll be entertaining, but I' m afraid it' s going to stray too far from it' s roots. No NVGs, no primary suppressed weapon, no gadgets, reduced importance on evasion stealth, opposed to the integration based stealth they' re going for in Conviction. It' ll be good, but I' m afraid it won' t be Splinter Cell.

Sure you can bitch about Metal Gear having tons of un-necessary dialogue, but the games tend to be longer anyway, so in terms of actual gameplay content it evens out.

The only thing that really kills me in MGS is the lack of a pause feature in the cinematics. I' m always stuck being up an about while I' m playing games, and I have to glue myself to my TV for an hour just to assure I pick up the plot. Wonder if they' ve done something about that in four.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 05:14

Whaaat?!

You didn' t like the battle with The End?! That was the best part!

I mean, I' m the poster child for attention defecit, and I loved that battle. It was ten times more exciting than anything else in the game. There was this slow buildup of tension, and then you finally either got a rush of joy as you popped him, or you about sh1t yourself when he got you.

Nah, I think I' m way too much of an arcade/' twitch gamer to deal with a slow, methodic boss fight like that. I' d MUCH rather face off against bosses that are spraying endless amounts of bullets at me non-stop than deal with a boss like The End where he shoots you, runs off to another hiding spot and you have to search the area for a nutcase who is older than the jungle itself.. On the other hand I loved the other boss fights that happened more towards the end of the game! There were a lot of action-packed stuff happening towards that point.

Hopefully after Metal Gear Solid 4, Konami gives me another Metal Gear Ac!d game for the PSP. I absolutely ADORED Metal Gear Ac!d 2 and I' m not even a fan of the card-battle genre.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 18 Apr 08 21:18:59 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 05:14
I' d love to be able to pause the cutscenes as well. I' d always get a phone call or something in the middle of one, and never at any other time!

Kojima really needs to move on and make a new IP anyway. Rambo wants his bandana back, and Kurt Russell his name and eye patch.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 18 Apr 08 21:21:24 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 06:13

On the other hand I loved the other boss fights that happened more towards the end of the game! There were a lot of action-packed stuff happening towards that point.

The entire motorcar sequence at the end was simply fantastic as well. If a person was to play nothing else of MGS: Snake Eater, the least they need to do is play the " on the rails" portion with full weapons.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 06:17
MGS also excels on humor, and that gives it a lot of charm over SC, which takes itself way too seriously. Snake, Big Boss and Raiden are often times the object of jokes amongst the Codec support teams (specially Raiden) and its hilarious. And the best part about it is that at no point does the humor gets in the way of the stories, which are always full of great moments that manage to accomplish what said particular moment was intended too, something I personally feel SC fails at.

I like SC, but is just not as good as MGS as a whole.
< Message edited by chimura -- 18 Apr 08 22:18:24 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 19, 2008 23:11
Snake: " If you were in the box, you' d know what I mean."
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 20, 2008 04:05

But the graphic, side things like motion-blending and the size of the map, totally was not accomplished to my original vision - to my satisfaction.

Maybe another delay until it is perfected fall 2009?

" Anybody who loved 3 needs their head checked."
anybody who hated 3 needs their head checked asap.

" love or hate...does it have to be one or the other" Solid Snake.

But 3 was good.
You didn' t have for forward time on the internal clock of the ps2 if you don' t want to fight the end .You could have taken him out just as you got the sniper rifle. He was a tough SOB to fight though, but wasn' t that hard once you find him once. The Heat Thermal goggles showed his footprints when he ran and once you keep up you hear him wheezing so he was always close.
Personally i just ran up to him and shooting him with the shotgun he falls, runs, throw flash, follow him and so on... this would significantly reduce time. Under 15 min.
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 19 Apr 08 20:06:00 >
Chimura

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 20, 2008 04:13
Nah, defeating the End with the M9 is the way to go. The Mossin Nagant you get as a reward is worth it
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 20, 2008 05:43
Chaos Theory> all(well, almost all)
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 21, 2008 06:54
To defeat The End i used the thermal goggles to track him/his footprints and then blew him away with an assault rifle/shotgun. You dont have to use the MK22 to get his camo, you can seank behind him and hold him up and point the gun to his head several times until he gives you the camo.

The only thing that really kills me in MGS is the lack of a pause feature in the cinematics. I' m always stuck being up an about while I' m playing games, and I have to glue myself to my TV for an hour just to assure I pick up the plot. Wonder if they' ve done something about that in four.

Same here lol. I heard that you can pause, rewind and fast forward the dialogue in MGS4.

As much as i love Metal Gear, i thought MGS3 had sub par voice acting. Why did konami ditch the lips sync. engine they made for MGS2? you see people moving their lips but not talking several times in the cut scenes. Id pay to get a JP version with english subtitles! Go EU Shenmue 2 style.
Chimura

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 21, 2008 10:08
I wasn' t talking about his camo, I was talking about his sniper rifle!
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 21, 2008 17:05

ORIGINAL: Tiz

And more time for people to realise that Splinter Cell is actually a MUCH better game..

I mean, he can give UbiSoft time to bring out Splinter Cell V: Conviction if he wants.

LOL

Splinter Cell is trash compared to MGS.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 21, 2008 21:05

ORIGINAL: emofag

LOL

Splinter Cell is trash compared to MGS.

LOL

MGS is trash compared to Splinter Cell.

Kids, it' s that easy.

Tch.

Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 21, 2008 22:46
Some members say Splinter Cell is better, and some say that Metal Gear Solid is better. So obviously they must both be awesome.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 21, 2008 23:38
Both series are awesome... as long as you don' t count MGS3 as part of the MGS series. I' m a big fan of both. I prefer Splinter Cell but loved MGS and for the most part MGS2 (aside from Raiden being a bitch and the game having a sucky ending). I just really hated MGS3. But hey, that' s just one bad apple. I also hate Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I' m on the last level of that game and refuse to finish it because it disgusts me. I' m glad I didn' t buy it, just played my friend' s copy.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 22, 2008 00:33
Heh... you guys are funny.

I don' t see how you can' t like both. They' re both solid titles.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Kojima Dissatisfied With MGS4 - Apr 22, 2008 00:47
I love both, but for different reasons. I just despise degenerate comments like:

" My wangers bigger than the world!111!!!!111!!!!"

MGS has way better art direction than Splinter Cell, but Splinter Cell puts you in
the heart of most cutscenes which make you more alert..

MGS has a whole host of memorable characters...

Lambert & Fisher....
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 46

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread