Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 8bitJoystick " confirms" ms mote
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: 8bitJoystick " confirms" ms mote - Apr 17, 2008 02:00
If i buy a gaming console with a built in HD i expect to be able to use it to aid me in my gaming experience like being able to have shorter loading times. Can i do that with the 360? No. Becuase as you pointed out M$ told developers not to use the HD because the lower end SKU doesnt have one. I dont know about you but that would piss me off.

Yes the addition of an HDMI port is a bigger deal to me than 2 more USB ports or a card reader. Having HDMI is having the best way possible to view my games (until display port that is). This is my opinion though and i understand if you disagree with it.

Im stating the obvious but you seem to disagree with that obvious thing. You said that this controller will just be used for a couple Live games and that i was making it a big deal.

These are the SKU' s according to my memory:
Core and Premium -> updated premuim that included the new mobo -> Elite with old mobo -> Elite with new mobo -> Arcade -> Pro -> Rumored Bluray SKU -> Motion controller SKU.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: 8bitJoystick " confirms" ms mote - Apr 17, 2008 02:44
My God you are dumb. 1st, the HD isn' t built into the console. It' s portable. It' s made to be easily transferable between consoles as a MEMORY UNIT. It doesn' t mater what you expect about the HD when it' s all spelled out for you before hand. The entire reason they did this is in case somebody decided they wanted to bring their HD to a friends house but one of the other family members still wanted to play the console. Hey look, you can still play games on it! How retarded do you have to be to not understand that? OMG! My loading times are two seconds longer because the HD isn' t standard!!! F*ck me! The world is going to implode! F*CK!!!

Having the change in the display port doesn' t change functionality. Does it give you a slightly better picture? Yes. Does it change anything about how the console works? No. It doesn' t effect any of the functionality of the system. Also, as has been stated numerous times on this forum, HDTVs are still a ways away from sitting in everyone' s home. I didn' t even have use for an HDMI port until a few months ago.

I' m not disagreeing with the obvious. I' m disagree with several invalid points of your argument that you are needlessly trying to back up the obvious with.

These are the SKU' s according to my memory:
Core and Premium -> updated premuim that included the new mobo -> Elite with old mobo -> Elite with new mobo -> Arcade -> Pro -> Rumored Bluray SKU -> Motion controller SKU.

Seriously? Did you actually just write that? Holy f*ck, that' s pathetic. Here, let me put this in real perspective for you.

Core (no HD) -> Arcade (same as Core with addition of HDMI)
Premium (20Gig HD) -> Pro (same as Premium with addition of HDMI)
Elite (120Gig HD, HDMI standard)

That' s it. I' m completely ignoring your mother board update because that' s the stupidest thing I' ve ever heard. Sony has updated their internal hardware way more than the 360. How do you think they got their development costs down from around $1000 a console to the point where they are now making a profit off each console sold? Internal hardware updates are standard and frequent in all consoles. I can' t believe you actually tried to use that as an argument. That' s f*cking ridiculous. Then adding in the two UNCONFIRMED " Rumored Bluray SKU" *shakes head*, and the " Motion controller SKU" ... wait, I can' t finish that sentence. Did you really refer to the release of a new controller as a new full console SKU? You are calling a peripheral a change to the console? HAHAHA!!! That' s f*cking stupid. I know you wanted to make your list long to try and prove me wrong but that' s just sad.

So as it stands there' s only been two real updates (which consist of an HDMI port and nothing else) to the 360 console with the addition of a 3rd unit. You can stop trying to argue, you' re making a fool of yourself at this point.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: 8bitJoystick " confirms" ms mote - Apr 17, 2008 03:10
As far as i know except for DMC 4 no other game uses the ps3 hard-drive to install files . And the load time savings are fractional .

Edit : Does oblivion use the HD to install files on the ps3 ?
< Message edited by 2pac -- 16 Apr 08 19:11:19 >
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: 8bitJoystick " confirms" ms mote - Apr 17, 2008 06:07
My opinion is that i do NOT like this idea. You dont like my opinion? i dont care. Now go bother other people who didnt like that as well since im done here.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 24 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message