Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mario Kart Wii Impressions
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 60 of 60
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 15, 2008 04:59

The first party Nintendo Games such as SMG, Metriod Prime 3, SSM and MK, paper Mario ETC are soo far away in terms if original idea' s, gameplay design, optimization ,and general perfection, there' s no game out there to even compare them to, nevermind compete against them.. Their in a league of their own and no matter how powerful the other consoles are, Nintendo will continue to outperform them all when it comes to making most videogame benchmarks and GOTY, GOTY, GOTY.

Ok, ok, time to take the needle out of your arm FFS.

So you are saying that all of these games are better than Bioshock, and Mass Effect? They will be better than GTA IV or MGS4?

You are so blind in your unwavering devotion to Nintendo, that you can' t even see when they f.uck up. I mean, wow, you listed a whole of 5 games for the Wii!!!!! Again, this just proves that for you and Nintendo it is NOT about the games but rather all the money they are raking in console and crappy peripheral sales.

So quick to judge MS for living off of the Halo franchise name, and yet you suck Reggie' s dick for doing the same with Mario.

Just how long will Nintendo treat Mario like a $3 whore?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 15, 2008 05:10
The Wii mote sucks for most things except mini games which just suck in general!

In anycase Canada said things very well!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 15, 2008 05:40
Stay on topic guys.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 15, 2008 05:42

ORIGINAL: Nitro

Stay on topic guys.

The latest topic or the oldest topic?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 15, 2008 05:51

You are joking right?? Ive recently played Mario 64 on VC again, and its flawed in all areas. I couldn' t even play the N64 version for 5 seconds after the DS MK. N64 MK is the second worst of the series IMO.
In that case, your opinion = garbage. The best is a tie between 64 and Super mario kart with DS being 3rd.

The first party Nintendo Games such as SMG, Metriod Prime 3, SSM and MK, paper Mario ETC are soo far away in terms if original idea' s, gameplay design, optimization ,and general perfection, there' s no game out there to even compare them to, nevermind compete against them.. Their in a league of their own and no matter how powerful the other consoles are, Nintendo will continue to outperform them all when it comes to making most videogame benchmarks and GOTY, GOTY, GOTY.

WTF? How are they original? They' re rehashes from older games? SMG isn' t that much different from mario 64 other than improved graphics and different controls. Sure its still an awesome game, but its not really anything new and certainly not " teh so far awayz" . Metroid was garbage. All they did was throw in crappy controls with the wiimote. Super Paper Mario butchered the series. The first two games were fantastic, and then this? Meh.Haven' t played MK in person, but I' ve seen gameplay vids, and just like the rest of the games you mentioned, its nothing spectacular. All of these are fun games, but to say they' re in a league of their own? Please. GOTY for SMG was a fucking hoax.
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 15, 2008 19:55

Metroid was garbage. All they did was throw in crappy controls with the wiimote.

Eh no, Metroid is brilliant, with fantastic controls. It pisses all over Halo 3' s single player.

GOTY for SMG was a ***ing hoax.

It was just as derserving as any other game.

As for Mario Kart, I didnt play it yet. From what people are saying it looks like I will be slightly dissapointed.

Off topic, I recently picked up No More Heros and I fu.cking love it!
< Message edited by Duffman -- 15 Apr 08 12:11:27 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 01:02
Canada / VX / Masta are proving they know little of genius gameplay design.

I fully understand the qualities of games Like GTA, Bioshock, COD4 but i also understand the Qualities in SMG, Metroid Prime, and the greatness with the help of the Wii controllers. Obviously you' s just don' t get it.. You probably never will. It' s a good thing actually..

As for Mario Kart, I didnt play it yet. From what people are saying it looks like I will be slightly disappointed.

The more i play it the more it' s becoming my Fave MK TBH.

Off topic, I recently picked up No More Heros and I fu.cking love it!

NMH is a true Badass Japanese Manga Game, i had to get the US version as it being uncensored really makes a difference, although it' s still good the UK version is just spoilt.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 01:25

I enjoy genius gameplay, i just want to have it combined with a genius story, universe etc.

Id rahter have a genius story and good gameplay, than genius gameplay with no story!

The Wiimote is good for party games and little more, it might be superior to a controller in some instances, but its worse than a mouse in anycase!

fully understand the qualities of games Like GTA, Bioshock, COD4

time and time again your posts says differently.

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 01:41

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

I haven' t read much of this thread but this line caught my eye. You sound like a cocky ass bitch.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 02:23

I haven' t read much of this thread but this line caught my eye. You sound like a cocky ass bitch.

I thought even worst of you when i saw a picture you posted in one thread. You Posing your muscles / cuts so hard, you almost looked as if you shat yourself.. Then i actually read the thread and realized you had reason too. funny thing is Im very cut too (my bodies much, more in proportion and nicer looking than yours I know) but would never show a picture of my self posing like that, maybe on holiday but not like that.. ROFL.

VX, you haven' t a leg to stand on if you don' t get SMG.. no point in saying anything.. things up like:

The Wiimote is good for party games and little more, it might be superior to a controller in some instances, but its worse than a mouse in anycase!

?? really.. Confused..
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 02:25
Hey VF, do you ever wonder what life would have been like if you' d had enough oxygen at birth?
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 02:57

Hey VF, do you ever wonder what life would have been like if you' d had enough oxygen at birth?

If that includes sucking up to posters on forums like this? No!! ild rather stand my own than kiss everyones butt by agreeing to babyish subjects like:

" yeah, what he said, wii sucks"

Great entertainment tho, almost as enjoyable as playing games them self' s
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 03:08

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

I thought even worst of you when i saw a picture you posted in one thread. You Posing your muscles / cuts so hard, you almost looked as if you shat yourself.. Then i actually read the thread and realized you had reason too. funny thing is Im very cut too (my bodies much, more in proportion and nicer looking than yours I know) but would never show a picture of my self posing like that, maybe on holiday but not like that.. ROFL.

Ha... HA... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That was priceless. Oh, and you proved my point.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 15 Apr 08 19:11:14 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 03:54

VX, you haven' t a leg to stand on if you don' t get SMG.. no point in saying anything.. things up like:

I played it, 2 hours and got bored!
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 04:05

If that includes sucking up to posters on forums like this? No!! ild rather stand my own than kiss everyones butt by agreeing to babyish subjects like:

" yeah, what he said, wii sucks"

Great entertainment tho, almost as enjoyable as playing games them self' s

What the f.uck do you know anyway? I have never said that the Wii itself sucks, my problem is with them ripping consumers off for what they get. I have a big problem with you and Nintendo not giving a shit if there are any good games ever made on the Wii, as long as they move consoles.

I find it funny how a lot of people are dumb enough to really even believe that the Wii is the market leader, when really they are not. If you really wanted to see who the market leader in the console industry is, you should really be looking at attach rates.

Ultimately you buy consoles to play games on. Not to sit on your couch with your friends bragging about a new revolutionary control that has great potential but little to nothing to show for it.

VF, have fun waving your arms in the air like you just don' t care while playing with your Wii and MK with their awesome online functionality.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 16, 2008 07:36

So its genius to make a game where you take gameplay from a previous game and fuck it up by giving it motion controls?

Eh no, Metroid is brilliant, with fantastic controls. It pisses all over Halo 3' s single player.
I still stand by my statement.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 17, 2008 01:47

I have never said that the Wii itself sucks, my problem is with them ripping consumers off for what they get. I have a big problem with you and Nintendo not giving a shit if there are any good games ever made on the Wii, as long as they move consoles.

You have a problem with me because I am happy playng the Wii and my gaming diversity is wider than just guns, shooting, and Sci-fi story with HD graphics. You have a problem with Nintendo because you don' t even know what their direction with the Wii was in the first place.. Your expecting what games?? scaled down versions of Gears of War, bioshock? GTA4? I really don' t understand what you want from the Wii? The Name ' Wii' is a signal that its not just your average 360 or PS3, it' s aim is to draw new gamers to the market.. Nintendo had to make money, being 100% hardcore (GC) was not healthy for Nintendo as a business to compete against much richer Companies. Wii and DS are more or less the saviors for Nintendo (and gaming in general).. Your Thinking of just the Nintendogs and wiifits!! but totally ignoring the many, many great titles that came out and will continue to come out on these platforms simply due to Nintendo' s direction, especially with the controllers... which leads to:

Ultimately you buy consoles to play games on. Not to sit on your couch with your friends bragging about a new revolutionary control that has great potential but little to nothing to show for it

Again, because your lack of gaming variety or just sheer ignorance, you would know there are a good handful of great games for the Wii (taking in Nintendo' s new strategy) that are Exclusive to the Wii plattform, in terms of rights or of it' s unique controls.

Here are the Wii titles I own, play to death, replay and will never dream of taking off my shelf (take note, i consider myself a VERY fussy gamer, with high standards to please):

Mario Galaxy (to cut VX' s and Masters dribble)... is now the 2nd? highest rated game of all time and GOTY 2007 (and lets take in mind 2007 was one of the very best gaming years ever).. Ignorant people can argue all you wan' t but it won' t change these facts or the average view of what most gamers think of it.

SMG = Untouchable.

SSBB = Untouchable.
PES2008 = Untouchable.
Metroid Prime 3 = Untouchable.
Mario Kart Wii = Sheer class.
Zelda TP = Class (not OOT, oops)
No more Heros = Kick Ass (and not in the fake Ninja-gaiden sytle to please westoners).. TRUE manga Kick Ass)
Trama Centre: Second Opinion = Great
Super Paper = Great
RES4 = Great
Zak & Wikki = Great

For my Arcade-needs:

HOTD pack = Good (replay for Scores)
Ghost Squad = Good (replay for score)

Just for the Record, in comparison with other Consoles/PC games that' ll never leave my Shelf :

PC Quake III = In my DNA
GT-R2 & Live For Speed = In my DNA
Xblive Ikaruga = In my DNA
VF5 = In my DNA
Crysis = Sheer Class
Ace combat 5 = Great
Dead Rising = Great
Forza 2 = Great

Back To Mario Kart Wii, as you see, ive rated it as Sheer class. Because it is..3 Hours of challenging yesterday night taught me a lot of things. A F.ucking supreamly polished title, not just it' s engine / Visuals but the design. Soo much fun to play too. Overall, it' s by far the Best MK!!
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 16 Apr 08 18:22:37 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 17, 2008 02:00

Mario Galaxy (to cut VX' s and Masters dribble)... is now the 2nd highest rated game of all time and GOTY 2007 (and lets take in mind 2007 was one of the very best gaming years ever).. You can argue but if won' t change these facts or the average view of what most gamers think of it. SMG = untouchable.

It' s subjective. You like Mario Galaxy a lot, i dont. You like the Wii a lot, i dont.

You say your taste in games is broader, but i think you just go to the other side of it.

I think Nintendo are ripping people of, relaxing the same games as it did on GCN add a new control scheme, which I dont mind necesary or good in most instances.

You have a stupid notion that your better than everyone, just re read your own comments to Rampage.

All you ever do is brag, brag, brag, you might have a six pack that will kill rampages and an upper arm that can throw a baseball to the moon. You might be the worlds best Quake 3 player, and a champion and Mario Kart.
We' ve all heard how many hot chicks your surrounded by all the time, a regular playa as far as you tell us, add all the things together and i cant help think [:' (]

You might not want to, but you come off as a jerk, and most people here see it, and most say so.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 17, 2008 02:07

Zelda OOT = Class

Ocarina of Time is not a Wii title

And is better than any Wii title out there, so I don' t know why you just call it " class"
< Message edited by chimura -- 16 Apr 08 18:08:23 >
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Mario Kart Wii Impressions - Apr 17, 2008 19:38
I think Mario Kart on the Wii is pretty good despite all of its flaws. Yeah, I don' t think balloon battle should have been changed, and it may take a while to get used to seeing bikes on the track, but I feel it' s still the same great experience it was years ago. It doesn' t beat the SNES version IMO, but it doesn' t have to.

And before you call me a fanboy or something, I can enjoy a good match of Halo or Call of Duty online just as much as I can playing Mario Kart Wii, as I don' t try to compare them with other games. I just accept them for what they are. Entertainment.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 60 of 60

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message