Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis WTF
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 71 of 71
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 04:02
You can see his hand on the end of it, whatever it is. It looks like when he died, the hands went up, and your camera slipped inside of your rifle for a sec there. Look at where the rail system ends on his gun, and then look at the blurry " WTF" picture, it looks about the same profile as the the gun in all the other frames, sans a stubby bit of barrel at the end of the grip, although there' s an off-color bump at the end of your WTF frame, that could be it I suppose.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 04:35
I really don' t see anything on the gun that resembles WTF object. It' s not being cut through (clipping) either because you can make out all the edges. It almost looks like the handle to something. I just don' t know what.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 04:37
Are we really having a discussion about this?

(I' m all for your UFO idea, re-looking at the gif, slowed down. I can' t believe that monstrosity is only in one frame)
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 22 Apr 08 20:37:15 >
Rampage99

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 05:02
Lol, I' m not trying to disagree with you nor am I honestly saying it' s a UFO (that was a joke... though technically it IS an unidentified flying object). I' m just trying to figure out what killed him. That little mini explosion to his left in the third frame I posted is also bugging the hell out of me...

Again, I' m VERY bored at work.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 06:59

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

So I popped Crysis in again today and finally messed around with the settings a bit. I' ve been mainly playing the game with everything maxed out on Very High and toned down the resolution to compensate but decided I' d take the advice of just messing with the options and turning AA off.

I' m not sure what you guys run yours at but I basically set mine up as follows.

Texture Quality: Very High
Objects Quality: Very High
Shadows Quality: High
Physics Quality: High
Shaders Quality: Very High
Volumetric Effects Quality: Very High
Game Effects Quality: Very High
Post Processing Quality: High
Particles Quality: High
Water Quality: Very High
Sound Quality: High
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
AA: Off
Running in DX10 on Vista 32-bit

It runs insanely smooth now. I have to be pumping out at least 10fps more than I was with everything cranked on Very High with the lower resolution. I can see subtle differences between what it looked like maxed out and what I have now though. Like I can' t pick out what' s different (other than decreased motion blur, and distance blur or depth of field or whatever you want to call it). the decrease in shadow quality also makes everything looks a little more bright. Overall though it still looks awesome. I guess I' m just so used to seeing everything maxed out that it' s going to take a bit for me to get used to the changes. Having everything run perfectly smooth makes up for it.

Whoever else has the game post your settings. I may still tinker with mine some more based on what you guys have. I' m not really sure how much of an effect each of the settings have on performance. So if I can crank some of the other settings back up without taking a hit I will. Likewise if there is a setting when toned down doesn' t look much different but I can run it even smoother I' ll take it down a notch.

I run my desktop on DX10 very high @ 1680 x 1050, although i am currently playing about with the Triple C Pack V 1.31 which lets me run in DX9 and still enable some of the very high settings like sunshafts and textures, super detailed shadows etc...

My laptop runs the game on all high @ 1920 x 1200. It' s running two 512MB 8800m GTX' s in SLI and an X9000 (clocked at 2.8GHz) so it' s more than capable of running the game in very high, ...but i get sporadic framerate drops in DX10. I switched over to DX9 and have been messing about with the Triple C Pack V 1.31 and like with my desktop i can enable sunshafts and very high textures and shadows etc...

I' ve also been looking at Ultima' s TOD mod, which is a nice idea but a little too much for me to take. The really vivid sunsets (even pink) are nice for like 2 minutes then they start to piss me off. This is the custom TOD settings running on my laptop a few minutes ago...

...but i prefer it vanilla.

The CCC config installer is gold though. It' ll net you at least another 10fps in most scenes... if not more.
< Message edited by nitro -- 22 Apr 08 23:03:58 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 07:38

Lol, I' m not trying to disagree with you nor am I honestly saying it' s a UFO (that was a joke... though technically it IS an unidentified flying object ).

Oh, I know. I' m beating my head against a desk as well, though at home, and not at an office.

Games are so much more interesting than molecular biology anyhow.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 17:55
I run the game with everything maxed out and no AA @1920x1200. I get some slowdowns every now and then but mostly its smooth. I used some mods that Nitro offered sometime ago but honestly dont remember what i did since its been a while since i played it. Reading this thread is getting me excited to play the game again lol. Bring the pink sunsets!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 23, 2008 19:54
From Ultimas time of day mod...

(not my screens)
Rampage99

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 26, 2008 09:46
I' m after messing around wti those setting last I' ve gotten the urge to play through the game again. It' s so f*cking awesome. I tinkered with the settings even more now. I' ve found out I can run the game at 1680x1050 no AA with everything set to Very High EXCEPT Post Processing Quality and keep the framerate steadily above 30fps. This is awesome yet disappointing at the same time. The game looks outstanding like this but the Post Processing Quality is what gives those sunshafts, and you need to set that to Very High to get them. As soon as I crank that setting up though the framerate dives a good 10fps and more if the action gets crazy.

Really the sunshafts aren' t important but they are what give the game that extra touch of realism and take it visually to its finest. It sucks that this single setting is such a huge drain on the performance. If I had SLi in my rig it probably wouldn' t be a problem... I just don' t want to spend another $300 just to pump out some sunshafts...
Rampage99

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 26, 2008 11:20
So I found the real conflict with the framerate. Shaders on Very High and Post Processing Quality on Very High don' t play nice together. The rest of the settings make no difference. It' s just those two that don' t like eachother. If I turn PPQ to Very High I get the nice sunshaft effects but I loose the extra depth to all the textures that the shaders provide. If I do the opposite the textures are more profound and really pop out with depth but then I loose those extra lighting touches.

I guess I' ll just have to decide what looks better...
Rampage99

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 26, 2008 12:23
I know at this point I' m just talking to myself in this thread but I' ll throw out a question anyway...

Nitro, I installed that mod you recommended and HOLY SHIT. The game looks unbelievable! My framerate is stellar with everything pumped to the max! Just awesome!!! The only thing is I' m now noticing if pop ups are really apparent in the distance now mainly with foliage, shadows, and birds. Before the mod I never noticed any pop up but it' s pretty blatant now. I mean it' s not horribly bad but it' s quite easy to pick out.

Also I noticed the flare in the first level of the game where you kill the first three baddies produces the red light but doesn' t emit any sparks or smoke. The particle effects are completely absent. I' m uninstalling the mod right now to check it out again and see if I notice to pop ups as much with it running normal. Then I' m going to reinstall it again and probably tweak it some more.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 71 of 71

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message