Xbox Wiimote thingy

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Xbox Wiimote thingy - Apr 08, 2008 20:45

MTV News says that Rare is working on Mii-like system of digital avatars as well
An anonymous development source claims to confirm with MTV a long-running point of industry rumour and speculation: that Microsoft plans to introduce its own Wiimote-styled controller

" Microsoft' s response to Nintendo' s Wii will appear before the end of the year," says the report, which adds that the Xbox 360 motion-sensing device has been in the works since last summer.

According to MTV' s source, Microsoft' s effort is similar to Nintendo' s but boasts an analogue stick and microphone built in, and doesn' t require a Nunchuck plug-in extra.

Meanwhile the report adds that UK-based Rare " has been tasked with creating a unified interface and look for the controller" but " has had trouble hitting its deadlines" .

Microsoft is said to be looking to unite both the Wii' s more accessible styles of play with its own more hardcore gamer-oriented, and is specifically saying that developers will best appreciate the fact that games for the Nintendo console can be ported to the 360.

It could be likely i guess!

Evilkiller
  • Total Posts : 660
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Xbox Wiimote thingy - Apr 08, 2008 20:57
It' s funny how in the rumor section of this months Game Informer something similiar is mentioned...just with the small difference, that it' s by Sony for PS3.

Karlius
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Xbox Wiimote thingy - Apr 08, 2008 22:04
Wouldn' t be suprised if both companies are working on this.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Xbox Wiimote thingy - Apr 09, 2008 01:00
I would. But whatever. Welcome to the forums Karlius!

It wouldn' t make sense for both companies, whoever the other one besides Microsoft is, to do this. Sony' s got DualShock 3, the Wii' s still got their ' mote.

I wouldn' t hold your breath for a motion-based controller, no less an annoucement of one. As a general rule, when something' s going on inside Microsoft, there' s more than " insider source" spilling the beans to the gaming community. Look at the Elite for pete' s sake. There were dozens of photos before Microsoft acknowleged it' s existence.

Nitro
  • Total Posts : 11960
  • Reward points : 44065
RE: Xbox Wiimote thingy - Apr 09, 2008 03:45
A motion based peripheral?

I don' t think so somehow...

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
RE: Xbox Wiimote thingy - Apr 09, 2008 05:46
Hmm... they' d do better to try and develop some family-friendly characters and concepts that aren' t so damn generic. Viva Pinata is the only thing they' ve got of that sort that has any personality.