Master Chef!

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
Master Chef! - Mar 29, 2008 22:48
So what are you having for dinner tonight?

Tonight im having some friends over and i get to play chef!

Tonights menu is:

Home made french fries.

And tenderloin in pastry with leek, mushrooms and garlic.

Served with Bearnaise Sauce.

Put salt and pepper on the tenderloin, turn it on a frying pan with butter for around 15 minutes.

Put the pastry plates on a table with flour, use eggs to make them stick together, roll the pastry into a plate that will fit around the tendeloin.

Cut the leek, and mushrooms, mix it with a bit of garlic, fry it on a pan til all the moisture is gone, then add a bit of garlic cheese.
Fry some bacon and add it to the mix with basil.

Put the some of the leek and mushroom mix on the pastry, then put the tenderloin on top of that, and stuff the rest of the leek around the meet and close the pastry around the tenderloin with egg.

Put it i n the overn for around 35minutes. let it rest 20 before eating.

Then you take some big potatoes, peel them and cut them into long sticks. Put them in boiling water for 10 minutes, take trhem up, and dry them. fry them on a pan with olive oil and spices, till the surface turns crisp, put them on a plate and then 20 minutes in the oven.

Its a fairly complicated meal, but its heaven.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Master Chef! - Mar 30, 2008 00:57
Looks good VX.

I like to cook, I' ve been doing it since I was 8 years old, with supervision. Give me a recipe, ingredients and I' ll make it happen.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 29 Mar 08 16:58:30 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Master Chef! - Mar 30, 2008 03:11
I love cooking as well. It' s therapeutic, especially grilling. I' m a bit of a purist when it comes to grills. If it gets right down to it, I' ll use gas, but it' s only as a last resort. I far prefer doing it the old fashioned way with charcoal, and various woods. Oh, and as a small aside... store-bought barbecue sauces are an abomination.

As far as your meal goes, it sounds excellent, but personally I' d forgo the mushrooms, but that' s just because I find them repulsive as a foodstuff.

Then you take some big potatoes, peel them and cut them into long sticks. Put them in boiling water for 10 minutes, take trhem up, and dry them. fry them on a pan with olive oil and spices, till the surface turns crisp, put them on a plate and then 20 minutes in the oven.

What are you using for spices? I' m assuming salt/pepper/garlic, but if I do seasoned fries I' m sure to throw something a little more out there into the mix. You care for cilantro?

So what are you having for dinner tonight?

Currently, I' m eating brown rice with chopped & stewed tomato, seasoned with garlic and oregano. Parmesan cheese and Franks hot sauce to taste.

If I' m cooking tonight, I' ll probably be doing turkey burgers with minced onion & pepper in with the ground turkey. It keeps them moist when frying (I use a George Foreman grill to avoid using stick skillet surfaces), and they taste excellent.

Edit: If you make something decent, snap a pic and post it!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 29 Mar 08 19:15:09 >

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Master Chef! - Mar 30, 2008 03:53
darn i forgot to take a picture, it tasted perfect and looked nice as well.

the potatoes were spiced with salt, pepper, garlic, timian and garlic.

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: Master Chef! - Mar 30, 2008 03:55
Aw, you already made it.

I was going to suggest replacing the mushrooms with shrooms. Then you would of had a fucking party.

Look at this guy, eating them like they' re the cure to cancer.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ffDPTKn7HiY

Shin_Ishikawa
  • Total Posts : 144
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Master Chef! - Mar 30, 2008 11:26
I also like to cook,. I cook when my mother is at work. yesterday I cook rice and green beans with stake. yummy!

IstillwantShenmue3
  • Total Posts : 54
RE: Master Chef! - Mar 31, 2008 12:06
Cooking can be fun but only if you don' t limit yourselves to just how much fun you can really get from it.
A prime example would be cooking some cheese with maple syrup and avacados then throwing up on your friends.

Chimura
  • Total Posts : 1123
RE: Master Chef! - Mar 31, 2008 12:09
Does serving a bowl of cereal and micro-waving count as cooking?

Is just not one of my strong points

IstillwantShenmue3
  • Total Posts : 54
RE: Master Chef! - Mar 31, 2008 12:17
It does but only if you live in jail.