War

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
War - Mar 20, 2008 11:34
http://news.uk.msn.com/iraq-invasion-iraqi-association.aspx

Was just reading this and it triggered me to thinking, war....Hhur!...

But seriously what is it good for? Leaving religion out of it, is war self defence? A means to an end? If so, when exactly will it end?

Even if some evil bastard is killing for fun, do two wrongs make a right?

On a one vs one situation where you knew your enemy, who of us would kick them when they' re down? Or even stab them in the back when they' re guard was down?

If you feared for your life in the hands of someone else, and stopping them would mean destroying several other uninvolved people, would you give your life or save yourself?

Some people think WWII on the whole changed the world for the better considering how much we' ve learnt from it. Do you agree?

I know war isn' t as simple as yes or no, but I wish incredibly that it was. If it was, what would you say?

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
  • Reward points : 0
RE: War - Mar 20, 2008 12:06
Watch Terminator 2. It has all the answers... and just happens to be the greatest movie of all time.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

choupolo
  • Total Posts : 1773
  • Reward points : 1930
RE: War - Mar 20, 2008 21:36
Lol, Arnie for president.

But yeah I guess if war is a means to an end, maybe the end is just self-destruction. I' d prefer for our world to end with a natural catastrophy like a supernova when our sun runs out of hydrogen, or the universe collapsing in on itself once its expansion momentum ends. Something unavoidable you know? Suicide is just lame.

I' m guessing a small boy wont be the saviour of the world when AI eventually goes loony and plans to nuke the world in its own defence however. I' m guessing somone will just unplug it!

emofag
  • Total Posts : 1508
  • Reward points : 20330
RE: War - Mar 20, 2008 22:57
Modern developed countries exist because of exploitation, you cannot exploit any country without displays of military might, thus war is that tool we use to take from others and give to ourselves.
< Message edited by emofag -- 20 Mar 08 15:16:05 >

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: War - Mar 20, 2008 23:44
War in the just sense is deposing those who obstruct the inalienable rights others.

In reality, it rarely works out as it does in theory, but then again, what does?

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
  • Reward points : 0
RE: War - Mar 21, 2008 00:31
Time travel? The machines got it to work.
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: War - Mar 21, 2008 11:20
Anytime George Carlin expresses an opinion on anything, that' s my opinion as well. Not because he can change my mind but because great minds think alike.

George Carlin on War:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDkhzHQO7jY

He was talking about the US but a lot of what he says is Universal.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: War - Mar 21, 2008 11:35
George Carlin' s old stuff is brilliant. I' m the only conservative I know who owns a copy of Napalm and Silly Putty. Nowadays' he' s just a political pundit hiding as a comedian.

Before people play the politics card, my favorite comedian is Lewis Black, and he' s nowhere near representative of my political standpoint. I don' t mind Carlin' s subject matter, but he' s presumptuous about anybody who doesn' t hold his views, throwing out as many stereotypes as possible, and on top of that his delivery leaves a lot to be desired.

His habit of repeating all his punchines 3 times bugs the hell out of me.

" Context Context Context!"

" They' re fu.cking us! They' re fu.cking us! They' re fu.cking us!"

[:' (]

Agent Ghost
  • Total Posts : 5486
  • Reward points : 12425
RE: War - Mar 21, 2008 11:43
That was his old stuff, 1991. He has made stuff since and is still writting new material. He' s not a political satirist, more like a social satirist. And trust when I say that there are people he WANTS to offend.

Lewis Black is also great. Not all his stuff is political either. His bit on the end of the Universe is brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv29068K4_0
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 21 Mar 08 3:46:07 >

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: War - Mar 21, 2008 11:50
Yeah, but Lewis Black only ever gets quoted for his political standpoints.

I like his rant on milk.

" Moo f.uck-cow milk!"