Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The OFFICAL thread of Things that piss you off
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 9 of 10, messages 161 to 180 of 185
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Things that piss you off - Apr 29, 2008 01:04
I' m trying to get a real job. The game industry is absolute bitch to get into. My company doesn' t seem to want to help me get a job either. I' m going to send out another batch of resumes today. I really need a new job.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Things that piss you off - Apr 29, 2008 02:28
At least you have a job man. It has been impossible for me to get one. I have my degree and stuff, but they expect me to come out of college with f.ucking work experience. Plus, I don' t know anyone either, so no connections. And here in the US, no offense to US citizens here, they are pricks when it comes to hiring foreigners, at least in California.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Things that piss you off - Apr 29, 2008 04:55
None taken. The equal opportunity bullshit they pull over our country' s eyes is a load of tripe. People don' t get hired because of their race, economic standing, hell, even their weight.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Things that piss you off - Apr 29, 2008 05:46

At least you have a job man. It has been impossible for me to get one. I have my degree and stuff, but they expect me to come out of college with f.ucking work experience. Plus, I don' t know anyone either, so no connections. And here in the US, no offense to US citizens here, they are pricks when it comes to hiring foreigners, at least in California.

What do you have a degree in Chimera?
Chimura

RE: Things that piss you off - Apr 29, 2008 05:57

What do you have a degree in Chimera?

Bachelor of Arts, major in Mass Communications and Theatre arts. My main specialties within both are journalism, photography and pretty much everything related to acting methods and overall stage design?

Why do you call me Chimera?
Agent Ghost

RE: Things that piss you off - Apr 29, 2008 06:16
Sorry, I keep doing that. I think it' s because Chimera has a definition. What the hell is a Chimura? Is that your name?

Chimera
http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&q=chimera&btnG=Search+Images

Chimura
http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&q=chimura&btnG=Search+Images

Note the number of hits.

Anyways, you should come to Canada. You' d have no problem getting a job at all. Is there a field you' re interested in?
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 28 Apr 08 22:20:40 >
Chimura

RE: Things that piss you off - Apr 29, 2008 06:45
I have actually looked into Canada. Mostly if I can do anything that has to do with photography or creative fields really, though I am willing to do anything to start.

How about it Agent? Wanna offer shelter until I am on my own two feet over there?

Btw, Chimura is nothing. Is just Himura, Kenshin' s last name from Rurouni Kenshin and a C in the front.
< Message edited by chimura -- 28 Apr 08 22:46:14 >
Agent Ghost

RE: Things that piss you off - Apr 29, 2008 07:05
If I had my own place I would offer you a room, unfortunately I still live with my mom . lol
Chimura

RE: Things that piss you off - Apr 29, 2008 07:12
Yeah, I know what that' s like, I am currently living with my aunt
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Things that piss you off - May 02, 2008 15:01
When my daughter wake me at 5am and wants to watch Aristocats for the 1000th time in 2 days!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Things that piss you off - May 03, 2008 01:11
God I hate that movie.[:' (] My younger sister is in love with it as well. I feel your pain buddy.

When people try to explain their rude racist comments by " I' m just sayin' !"
Agent Ghost

RE: Things that piss you off - May 03, 2008 10:35

God I hate that movie. My younger sister is in love with it as well. I feel your pain buddy.

Serves you right for having a sister.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Things that piss you off - May 03, 2008 15:30
I always wanted a kid sister to bring friends home for me to be rude to!

I just have an insane steroid junkie big brother i dont have contact with.
< Message edited by vx chemical -- 3 May 08 7:31:21 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Things that piss you off - May 03, 2008 18:21

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I' m trying to get a real job. The game industry is absolute bitch to get into. My company doesn' t seem to want to help me get a job either. I' m going to send out another batch of resumes today. I really need a new job.

What are you trying for? You can' t just get a job as a " game designer" right away. It isn' t an entry level position. You have to work your way up as either an artist or an engineer, or prove yourself in mod or some other way.

When I put my resume up on gamasutra and careerbuilder I didn' t even have to search for jobs. They called me. You should try that if you aren' t already. Applying directly to companies works well too.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Things that piss you off - May 04, 2008 01:06
I have no interest in being a game designer. I want to be an environment artist / texture artist / concept artist. Any of those will be fine. I know I have to go for an entry level job... I know the process, I deal with it every day.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Things that piss you off - May 07, 2008 22:57

' m trying to get a real job. The game industry is absolute bitch to get into. My company doesn' t seem to want to help me get a job either. I' m going to send out another batch of resumes today. I really need a new job.

It has been impossible for me to get one. I have my degree and stuff, but they expect me to come out of college with f.ucking work experience. Plus, I don' t know anyone either, so no connections. And here in the US, no offense to US citizens here, they are pricks when it comes to hiring foreigners

getting a job in the US as a foreigner is tough. I' ve been checking Canada but it seems my BSc will only get me a job in Universities or schools. I hope to leave and either go to the US or Canada by September.

Btw, Chimura is nothing. Is just Himura, Kenshin' s last name from Rurouni Kenshin and a C in the front.

Why the C?
< Message edited by the_shadowwolf -- 7 May 08 14:59:59 >
Agent Ghost

RE: Things that piss you off - May 08, 2008 08:07

getting a job in the US as a foreigner is tough. I' ve been checking Canada but it seems my BSc will only get me a job in Universities or schools. I hope to leave and either go to the US or Canada by September.

You could always get a job in the Canadian Government (clerical or administrational work). With a BCs you could get a job with good pay and salary with a many opportunities for raises. Ottawa (the capital) is the best bet for this. Half of Ottawa is filled with government buildings.

Alberta is another great option if you want something out of the office. Canada is the second largest oil reserve in the world, a lot of it is in Alberta. There' s a lot of money being shuffled around there. Cost of living is high in Alberta though, so you' d want to make sure you get a good job.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 8 May 08 0:10:09 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Things that piss you off - May 08, 2008 10:39
Thanks Ghost i' ll look into it.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Things that piss you off - May 08, 2008 11:19
American Idol, and the people who think their votes for that show actually count.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Things that piss you off - May 11, 2008 06:03
Beligerant drunk friends who steal your stuff and wreck your place... starting to cost me too much money. They used to be fun people now they got drama.
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 9 of 10, messages 161 to 180 of 185

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message