GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!!

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 02:46

New York Gov. and critic of video game sex Eliot Spitzer has been linked to a prostitution ring. He apparently paid for sex. Federal investigators caught Spitzer via a phone tap in which the Governor planned to have a prostitute travel from New York to Washington, where he was on business, away from his wife and family. It' s against Federal law to bring someone across state lines for the express purpose of prostitution. As game site GamePolitics points out, during his 2006 campaign, Spitzer uttered these now ironic words:

Like all parents, I know it is increasingly difficult to protect our children from negative influences... We have learned that when self-regulation fails, government must step in... We must do more to protect our children from excessive sex and violence in the media... Media content has gotten more graphic, more violent and more sex-based...

Currently, nothing under New York State law prohibits a fourteen-year old from walking into a video store and buying... a game like Grand Theft Auto, which rewards a player for stealing cars and beating people up. Children can even simulate having sex with a prostitute...

And crooked politicians can actually have sex with prostitutes on government business, so there. Ah, yes, this all makes perfect sense! Sooooooooo glad we all have our priorities straight.

This is f.ucking awesome news!!!!!!!! Wonder if Jack will have something to say about this one?
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Majik
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points : 0
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 03:22
I don' t get it. Did he carjack somebody and go on a rampage too or did he just pay for sex? If it' s the latter then i don' t see the significance.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 03:28
Huh... read about the guy this morning, didn' t know he had anything to do with gaming.

And the significance? He' s a hypocrite. It shows that those who put on airs and appear to have a moral high-ground in the anti-gaming legislation community are no better than anybody else.

" Children can even simulate having sex with a prostitute..."

And crooked politicians can actually have sex with prostitutes on government business, so there. Ah, yes, this all makes perfect sense! Sooooooooo glad we all have our priorities straight.

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 03:43
Who cares If he paid for it. There is not a thing wrong with that . If he wants to pay for it then let him. But someone should tell him that its free from most of the ladies.

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 04:04
Um... because he' s infringing on my human right to simulate sexual acts in a vehicle with a prostitute, and meanwhile he' s bringing a prostitute across state lines on someone else' s tab while his wife & kid are elsewhere. He' s a sleazebag, and has no right to tell me what I should and shouldn' t be playing, a minor or not.

Majik
  • Total Posts : 374
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 04:13

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

Um... because he' s infringing on my human right to simulate sexual acts in a vehicle with a prostitute, and meanwhile he' s bringing a prostitute across state lines on someone else' s tab while his wife & kid are elsewhere. He' s a sleazebag, and has no right to tell me what I should and shouldn' t be playing, a minor or not.

The ESRB tells you what you can and can' t play. This guy simply spoke out on the topic of protecting children from mature content in games during his 2006 campaigning. The fact that he planned to pay for sex has fuc.k all to do with videogames. The reason many believe that Kotaku should be banned from NeoGAF is because of sensationalist bullshit like this.

The guy' s obviously a moron, but having seen what his wife looks like - i can hardly blame him.

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 04:15
did he kill her afterwards to get his money back?
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

mikayd2
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 04:44

but having seen what his wife looks like - i can hardly blame him.

Pic Please

That' s what I do on GTA .

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 10:52

That' s what I do on GTA .

Only on GTA?

Eddie_the_Hated
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 12, 2008 11:59

The reason many believe that Kotaku should be banned from NeoGAF is because of sensationalist bullshit like this.

Yes, but you' ve got to realize that at the end of the day Kotaku' s just a really streamlined blog.

They' re a lot like Digg. They' re a good way to check the daily news, not a bad source for videos and offbeat gaming news, but at the end of the day are never the definitive word on what' s going on.

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: GTA Critic Gets Caught Paying For Sex!! - Mar 13, 2008 00:10
It is important because it is a matter of politicians speaking about what is best for children, when they themselves cannot lead by example. I agree that there is nothing wrong with what he did, especially after seeing his pet he calls a wife.

I don' t think this is sensationalism. This is funny as f.uck!!!!!
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

mikayd2