Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked?

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked? - Mar 07, 2008 04:07

Capcom' s announcement of Lost Planet: Colonies shouldn' t be a surprise to anyone when it hits next week. The trademark was filed last Spring and the ESRB rating hit last month. Yesterday, the Achievements for the Xbox 360 expansion (sequel?) to Lost Planet: Extreme Condition were leaked, posted, then pulled by Xbox 360 Sync. They don' t tell us too much about the game, other than that it would appear the game may have a serious multiplayer focus. We' ll know soon enough.

I enjoyed the first Lost Planet quite a bit, so I will definately have to pick Colonies up when it releases. Can' t wait for the official announcement, which should include some screens.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked? - Mar 07, 2008 09:45
Whoah... okay. I read your article, and thought it said that Lost Planet: Colonies was going to be released next week, and I was wondering how I' d missed it.

Lost Planet is a fantastic game, and despite a few correctable flaws, is easily one of my favorite 360 games. I' m definitely looking forward to a sequel, or expansion, depending on the direction they decide to take it.

Zoy
  • Total Posts : 1703
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked? - Mar 07, 2008 10:28
SPOILER ALERT:

Dagashi
  • Total Posts : 987
RE: Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked? - Mar 07, 2008 14:57
Am I the only one who found Lost Plant less than compelling?

I will readily admit that I played it about 5 or 6 months after its release, as the only console this gen I bought the day of launch was the ps3.

I just found the characters plain, the controls slow, the story basic and the voice acting sub par. The other problem is that during the time I played Lost Planet I was also 2 boxing Gears, and playing Bioshock, GRAW2, Crackdown, and Forza.

I get a feeling that it was a game I didn' t give enough time to draw me in, like a few other games I have neglected over the last 20 years. At the same time I feel like it was a game that hit at the right time, and for those that played it later in its life cycle when it was up against many great titles, it paled in comparison rightfully.

On any other forum I wouldn' t bother righting any of this, but I hope that some of you guys can explain what drew you into the game, or at least attracted you enough to play it through.

GrayFox
  • Total Posts : 356
RE: Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked? - Mar 07, 2008 19:06

I did too. I played it for 10min on my friend' s 360 but didnt like it although i was really hyped about it (some animations were so fluid and kicked @$$). Now i dont even want to pick it up for PC.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked? - Mar 08, 2008 00:32

I just found the characters plain

I disagree. The lead was a little run-of-the-mill, but I thought the pirates looked slick, and the insect creatures (what they' re called escapes me) were all diverse.

I can understand your gripes about controls. It was certainly an experiment, and if you can adapt to using the bumpers it' s far more fluid than people give it credit.

The biggest downside to it' s control scheme is the impeded y axis movement. Sadly, there' s no way around it, and you just need to adapt your movements to compensate, but as I stated earlier it' s a problem easlily fixable in the sequel.

What drew me most to Lost Planet was the pacing. It had plenty of fast paced action, and a decent amount of time spent roaming around the levels, and platforming. Not to mention, there' s pretty ' splosions and mechs... that' s usually enough to sell a decent game for me.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked? - Mar 08, 2008 00:47
I played the demo and really didn' t like the game. Controls felt weird to me and visually I really didn' t like it. I don' t know why I didn' t like the look of the game since most people said it was eye candy when it came out but I thought it was kinda ugly...
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

canadagamer
  • Total Posts : 965
  • Reward points : 2805
RE: Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked? - Mar 08, 2008 01:11
I don' t know, to this day I still think that Lost Planet has nailed snow and more specifically snow tracks in a game better than any other released so far this gen.

I do agree with the complaints about the controls, they could have been a little more refined, but as Eddie stated nothing that can' t easily be fixed in the sequel. The mechs were very cool, but what I loved the most believe it or not was your grappling hook. Once you got the hang of it, it was a life saver.
Most wanted games:

Mass Effect
Assasins Creed
Crysis
Little Big Planet
Drakes Fortune
UTIII
Kane and Lynch
Heavy Rain
Alan Wake

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: Lost Planet Colonies Achievements Leaked? - Mar 08, 2008 02:55

I will readily admit that I played it about 5 or 6 months after its release, as the only console this gen I bought the day of launch was the ps3.

I just found the characters plain, the controls slow, the story basic and the voice acting sub par. The other problem is that during the time I played Lost Planet I was also 2 boxing Gears, and playing Bioshock, GRAW2, Crackdown, and Forza.

I get a feeling that it was a game I didn' t give enough time to draw me in, like a few other games I have neglected over the last 20 years. At the same time I feel like it was a game that hit at the right time, and for those that played it later in its life cycle when it was up against many great titles, it paled in comparison rightfully.

On any other forum I wouldn' t bother righting any of this, but I hope that some of you guys can explain what drew you into the game, or at least attracted you enough to play it through.

Same here a lot of folks claim this is a good game but I don' t see it. Capcom dropped the ball on this one. This is just my opinion.