Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft fined $1.4bn
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Microsoft fined $1.4bn - Mar 02, 2008 18:06
The iPod line, including the iPhone, are geared toward the average consumer. They are not made for tech-heads. As such, it' s a given that their feature sets are not as extensive. Why? Because when you start adding programs and user adjustable settings, you also add confusion for the " average" consumer. This is Apples target audience, and this is why they dominate that market.

Most people don' t NEED to view spreadsheets on their cell phones! My roomate does. Guess what... He' s a tech-head. He' s a wizard with computers. There aren' t as many people out there like him as there are Apple target consumers (ATCs). ATCs don' t need to run chat clients from their phones. ATCs don' t care if they can view PDF files on their phones. Guess what? Neither do I. I have an iPhone. It works great as a phone, and a music player, and I even do a lot of stuff with it that I didn' t do with my last, very simple, cell phone. It' s intuitive. The interface just makes sense! The interfaces of those other phones IMHO do not come close!

As far as the stability, honestly, when I first got it I used to have to reboot it about once a week, because it would start running sluggishly. After the first update, though, I haven' t had to do that even once. A couple of times it' s booted me out to the main page. Minor inconvenience; and like I said, only two or three times did this happen. Trust me, I' d rather deal with that than the problem my roomate has with his Superphone! If he runs into problems, you gotta go in to dubug the damn thing! Screw that!

I guess to each his own. The Mac Air IS expensive, but I view it more as a tech experiment that you can buy. I wouldn' t buy it, but I like it. It' s slick!

iTunes? Yeah, that sucks!
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Microsoft fined $1.4bn - Mar 03, 2008 12:20

as there are Apple target consumers (ATCs)

That acronym sounds like something the military would use to identify hostile targets.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Microsoft fined $1.4bn - Mar 03, 2008 22:32
Heh. Agressing Tactical Combatants?

The Mac Air

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Microsoft fined $1.4bn - Mar 03, 2008 23:57
Haha, that pic gave me a good laugh.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Microsoft fined $1.4bn - Mar 04, 2008 03:23

The reason they don' t do it is because there are linux distrubutions that do it for free.

I' ve heard linux isn' t great for games..
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Microsoft fined $1.4bn - Mar 04, 2008 08:46

ORIGINAL: choupolo

The reason they don' t do it is because there are linux distrubutions that do it for free.

I' ve heard linux isn' t great for games..

Nope, not really great for games, it is better than OSX though.
Windows is the only good OS for games because it has the most users, so developers choose to make games for it.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 26 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message