Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Yet another country bitchslapped
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Yet another country bitchslapped - Feb 16, 2008 04:17
It' s funny this subject has come up, seeing as how I just watched Sum of All Fears on tv last night.

While watching the movie my girlfriend asked me if we would ever see a global nuclear war, and I told her that we most likely wouldn' t. Most countries will use the thread of a nuclear strike as just that............a threat. What we will see instead of a nuclear war is biological and chemical warfare. You could take out everyone in a country, and just roll on in and take control. The Gulf War is a perfect example of this.

Oh, and don' t hang your hopes for protection on Norad. My brother in law is in the Canadian Military currently over in Afghanistan, and he was telling me how during the Cold War they had found Soviet tank tracks as far into Canada as just north of Yellowknife in the Northwest Territories.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Yet another country bitchslapped - Feb 16, 2008 04:25
Yeah, nukes are pretty much just around as a threat. Nuclear warfare is something that no country wants. Sure you take out your enemies but now all that land is devastated and miles of the surrounding area are radioactive. If we had all out nuclear war it would be total destruction and nobody wants that.

To point out your tank track thing, that means very little. Tracking things on the ground vs. things in the air is a HUGE difference. The lower something is to the ground the harder it is to track with radar, hence why drug runners, spy planes, and such " fly bellow the radar." A nuclear weapon flying across oceans won' t be flying bellow radar level just because it would be too risky that it would crash before geting to its target.

Not only that but technology has come a long way in the past several years
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 15 Feb 08 20:26:19 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Yet another country bitchslapped - Feb 16, 2008 05:52

To point out your tank track thing, that means very little. Tracking things on the ground vs. things in the air is a HUGE difference. The lower something is to the ground the harder it is to track with radar, hence why drug runners, spy planes, and such " fly bellow the radar." A nuclear weapon flying across oceans won' t be flying bellow radar level just because it would be too risky that it would crash before geting to its target.

Not only that but technology has come a long way in the past several years

Point taken, but none the less it is a little disconcerning.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Yet another country bitchslapped - Feb 16, 2008 06:21
If anybody will use a nuke it' ll be Israel. They' re completely fuc.king insane. You all saw what they did to Lebabon when Hezbollah kidnapped (probably killed) 2 Israeli soldiers. They don' t even give a shit about the UN because they know they have Americas backing.

They wouldn' t use nukes so close to home though... but i can see them nuking Iran, ...even if they' re just low yield bunker busters to take out Iranian powerplants.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Yet another country bitchslapped - Feb 16, 2008 06:39

ORIGINAL: Nitro

If anybody will use a nuke it' ll be Israel. They' re completely fuc.king insane. You all saw what they did to Lebabon when Hezbollah kidnapped (probably killed) 2 Israeli soldiers. They don' t even give a shit about the UN because they know they have Americas backing.

They wouldn' t use nukes so close to home though... but i can see them nuking Iran, ...even if they' re just low yield bunker busters to take out Iranian powerplants.

That probably is the most probable scenario for a nuclear attack but still, even Isreal knows one nuke will throw the entire world into a massive conflict which will have no real winner.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Yet another country bitchslapped - Feb 16, 2008 11:48
I think both the US and Russia need to stop worrying about each other and start worrying about China . China is getting fucking aggressive . Everyday they lay claim to a new Indian state . India is always on a back foot with problems with all their neighbours . If you thought only Pakistan and India have military problems in the sub-continent then you are wrong , China is the real player here and is helping pakistan militarily to fend off India . IF a war breaks out here , we are screwed
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Yet another country bitchslapped - Feb 16, 2008 13:16

ORIGINAL: 2pac

I think both the US and Russia need to stop worrying about each other and start worrying about China . China is getting ***ing aggressive . Everyday they lay claim to a new Indian state . India is always on a back foot with problems with all their neighbours . If you thought only Pakistan and India have military problems in the sub-continent then you are wrong , China is the real player here and is helping pakistan militarily to fend off India . IF a war breaks out here , we are screwed

perhaps you should start protecting your boarders with nuclear land mines.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Yet another country bitchslapped - Feb 16, 2008 13:33
Or gnomes.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Yet another country bitchslapped - Feb 16, 2008 13:44

Or gnomes.

Gnomes and their pointy hats are mad as hell! Not to mention dangerous too
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 29 of 29

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission